Through The Inferno (Normandy 1944) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

HEY EVERYONE! I just wanted to let you all know, I have officially released the BRAND NEW, 100% REBUILT FROM THE GROUND UP:

Great news! Thank you very much!

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

UPDATE 06/06/2019 2:

- Added new spawnable units [Fw 190 A8] and the new Fw 190 A8 module as a playable aircraft.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

• 2 weeks later...

Thank for the mission.

Just a question cause I don't really understand with my bad English. If I take the mission "As-is" will it directly work in MP or I've to add units ?

Regards,

"Les pilotes du Fail" server administrator

Thank for the mission.

Just a question cause I don't really understand with my bad English. If I take the mission "As-is" will it directly work in MP or I've to add units ?

Regards,

Each playable aircraft has two player slots. Add more if needed.

As for the units you fight against you can adjust it in the mission editor as the read me file says

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

"Through The Inferno"

Still hoping to see an Axis Version Deadly ;)
The mission contains enemies from different countries and you also play as different countries....

You can easily edit out the units you fight against so that you're fighting specific units making it more closer to fighting allies vs axis

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

"Through The Inferno"

• 2 weeks later...

I'll probably end up modifying it to have an Axis version and an Allied version, but ideally it would be nice if all the Allied planes were on the Allied side and all the Axis planes were on the Axis side. As it is, we have Axis players tasked with shooting down Axis planes (except the B-17G). We also have Axis players tasked with CAS against Axis ground units, and Allied players tasked with CAS against Allied ground units. The B-17G is also rather strange...he rapidly descends to 3700ft and just orbits. It would be cool to have a combat box of multiple bombers coming in from the channel at medium/high altitude to actually bomb something.

I'll probably end up modifying it to have an Axis version and an Allied version, but ideally it would be nice if all the Allied planes were on the Allied side and all the Axis planes were on the Axis side. As it is, we have Axis players tasked with shooting down Axis planes (except the B-17G). We also have Axis players tasked with CAS against Axis ground units, and Allied players tasked with CAS against Allied ground units. The B-17G is also rather strange...he rapidly descends to 3700ft and just orbits. It would be cool to have a combat box of multiple bombers coming in from the channel at medium/high altitude to actually bomb something.
It's the same things for me, an axis version or even a multiside version could be awesome. A dedicated version with the same mission'possibilities (with the necessary changes like He 111 instead of B-17) would be what every axis player need.

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi deadlyfishes,

When spawning an Anti-Ship mission the referenced grid location doesn't seem to be correct ? (unless I'm going blind haha )

I've tried it 3 times now without success. I remember one of the locations was "FH01" and another was "EG46" Sorry don't remember the 3rd one.

BTW These missions are great !!

i7-6700K | Asus Z170I Pro Gaming | 16GB | GTX1070 | 500GB Samsung 860 EVO | Win 10 | TIR5 | TM Hotas Warthog

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE 08/17/19 - 1: v1.03a

-Fixed a major issue with map-marker zeus spawns not working correctly after the latest OB update from 8/14/19 https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4008751&postcount=66

This latest version of TTI is REQUIRED if you wish to get map marker zeus spawns to work properly again.

Additionally, this means you can move mission zones around in the mission if you'd like, but the mission intel will be incorrect. You can use the JTAC Status as a work-around to get the coordinates of the designated targets if you aren't relying on the F10 Map.

- Added a new JTAC zeus spawn that you can create anywhere on the map to spawn a JTAC recon drone to auto-lase/designate and smoke targets. The code for these JTAC drones created by zeus map marker spawning is always 1685 for now. I do have future plans to edit this on the fly. You can make as many of these as you'd like.

zeus-jtac-drone-tutorial.gif

NOTE: For TTI Normandy WW2 , you must use "recon" instead of "jtac" to spawn the auto-lase/designating sentry unit. Additionally the recon drones in Normandy WW2 do not lase targets.

"Through The Inferno"

• 6 months later...

UPDATE 03/09/20 - 1: v1.04a - Major update for 2.5.6 Compatibility

- Updated compatible DCS 2.5.6 OpenBeta MOOSE (experimental dev) framework

- Random Air Traffic DISABLED by default due to instability in 2.5.6 Open Beta (feel free to re-enable at your own risk and discretion.)

"Through The Inferno"

• 4 months later...

Hi guys, I would really like to try this with a buddy cooperatively with the P-47, but we can´t find a way. We edited an existing spitfire into a P47, and the result is that as soon as a ground mission is started that "A2G easy is active" ( or any other a2g mission we try) is repeated over and over again but never actually starts.

While troubleshooting we found that even just opning the mission in the editor and saving it without changing anything creates this behaviour.

Using just the stock mission it works.

Any help?

Just a quick update here fellas;

I'm working hard on making the TTI WW2 Singleplayer mission to be at the same level of depth as the normal TTI Modern missions.

With this, I'll also be including a Omaha beach invasion mission where you can choose between attacking the beach or defending it!

Here's a little sneak peak on what the mission may look like from the ground:

Ive created a mission filé with D Day beach landing which is conditioned by the player to neutralize coastal cannons for the beach landings to start. Maybe we could combine our efforts?

PC: Good enough for running DCS flawlessly on high end settings :thumbup:

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

Slaw Device Rudder Pedals

Trackhat Headtracker

Hi guys, I would really like to try this with a buddy cooperatively with the P-47, but we can´t find a way. We edited an existing spitfire into a P47, and the result is that as soon as a ground mission is started that "A2G easy is active" ( or any other a2g mission we try) is repeated over and over again but never actually starts.

While troubleshooting we found that even just opning the mission in the editor and saving it without changing anything creates this behaviour.

Using just the stock mission it works.

Any help?

The issue is a script error that comes from an update to DCS that re-named one of the ship units, causing some of the scripting here to break.

UPDATE 08/12/20 - 1: v1.05a

- Added P-47D to mission

- Fixed an issue where mission ground missions were broken because of a DCS 2.5.6 update that removed a required ship unit.

Mission editor's note;

This mission framework is quite out-dated and will require an overhaul/re-work under the hood in the next coming days to improve performance and the scalability of this mission type, making it easier for me to create a WW2 mission on other current or future maps. Please consider this to be a hotfix for now, and expect a more sizable update in the near future.

"Through The Inferno"

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE 08/27/20 - 1: v1.06a

- Now includes The Channel map

- Major scripting overhaul that now allows for more optimized mission detection logic

- New logic in A2G Mission spawning will now prevent the same mission from re-spawning after being completed. A different mission will be randomly selected.

- Ground mission vehicles will now spawn with a random heading/azimuth.

"Through The Inferno"

• 2 weeks later...

- Major scripting overhaul that now allows for more optimized mission detection logic

- New logic in A2G Mission spawning will now prevent the same mission from re-spawning after being completed. A different mission will be randomly selected.

Thanks for all the hard work. When we select the Channel map mission we get the Normandy map.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 11 months later...
On 8/27/2020 at 3:06 PM, deadlyfishes said:

Thank you for this excellent work. Would it be possible to update the version of the Canal map? This map doesn't have many good missions and yours is the best. I'd love to see an update to the latest version of your scripts. A version with WWII units is very welcome! Thank you again!

Edited by ThorBrasil
  • Like 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

On 7/6/2022 at 11:09 AM, ThorBrasil said:

Thank you for this excellent work. Would it be possible to update the version of the Canal map? This map doesn't have many good missions and yours is the best. I'd love to see an update to the latest version of your scripts. A version with WWII units is very welcome! Thank you again!

All missions can change which era of war you want to play. You can download any of the new TTI missions and set it to "WW2" mode and it will completely change the map to be WW2 units.

"Through The Inferno"

• 1 year later...