DCS NTTR 2.0 Missions

Simple and straightforward OCA mission over Northern NTTR. For F-15C module, if you dont have F-15, just edit and change the F-15 flight at Nellis to whatever you have.

What are the targets/threats?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A NELLIS AFB Template with static aircraft based on the Google Earth Satellite image.

jcbak, nice going! That's a great start for me to take off from. Just need to add some vehicle traffic, planes taking off/landing. She's starting to take shape! Thanks for posting this as I was just starting to do something along this line so you saved me some time. :thumbup:

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Very nice to read your enthousiasm about all that stuff

Thanks for the good ideas and template sharing

A populated air base is a great immersion and it will be awesome with new atc in 2 more weeks ;-)

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

I have started a mission based on the recent news of 4 A10-C's and 2 AC130 Gunships destroy 116 ISIS fuel trucks hope to post it later today:)

WASHINGTON (AP) — In a new twist to an intensifying campaign to squeeze Islamic State oil revenues, U.S. warplanes have destroyed 116 oil-hauling trucks in eastern Syria that were a key part of a smuggling operation that brings the group an estimated $1.4 million a day.

The series of strikes conducted Sunday and announced Monday was the first of their kind in more than a year of U.S.-led airstrikes in Syria. Four A-10 Thunderbolt II attack planes and two AC-130 Spectre gunships pounded the trucks as they clustered near Abu Kamal, a town close to the Iraqi border.

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are we allowed to modify ED's missions and post them here ?

Why not? It would qualify as 'modding' right?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

jcbak, I hope you don't mind, but I tweaked your template a little to add some air and a little tiny bit of ground traffic and I also changed the static F-15's skins to the Nellis one. ;) I changed the time of day to morning and made the month September and added some clouds for a little atmosphere. Here it is in case anyone wants it. I may upload a modified one later on when I have more time to embellish it a little.

NELLIS TEMPLATE Tweaked.miz

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

jcbak, I hope you don't mind, but I tweaked your template a little to add some air and a little tiny bit of ground traffic and I also changed the static F-15's skins to the Nellis one. ;) I changed the time of day to morning and made the month September and added some clouds for a little atmosphere. Here it is in case anyone wants it. I may upload a modified one later on when I have more time to embellish it a little.

Not at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Not at all.

Thanks. My plan, seeing as there are so few airfields, is to outfit all them and have various flights traveling to and fro from each with small amounts of men/vehicles moving about on each airfield. It will take me some time and a lot of tweaking to get things the way I like them but that's the plan as it stands. I'll keep posting my updated files to share for those that are interested in having an active base/world to start missions from. Hopefully, it won't be too resource intensive with what I'm planning... We'll see if it all falls apart when I'm done. LOL

Justificus

System Specs:

@Justificus

Be careful with AI aircraft, they still need to learn how to taxi properly :P

Why not? It would qualify as 'modding' right?

Alright, If I'm banned it will be your fault ;)

Here it is: Nevada Tour.Based on the "A-10C Takeoff" instant action mission by ED.

attachment.php?attachmentid=129323&stc=1&d=1449193884

- Added UH-1H, A-10A, TF-51, P-51D and F-15C as flyable (one of each)

- Added a few playable ground units at Nellis

- Added a few static objects to Nellis

- Added static planes & objects to Groom Lake and Creech AFB

- Added Groom Lake and Creech AFB as blue airfield

- Added a KC-135 (It will fly back and forth at 10.000ft from Groom Lake to Nellis)

- Set time of day to 4:15AM (nice sunrise)

- Reduced wind

Nevada Tour.miz

368228970_NevadaTour.thumb.jpg.b9099210641a2fdc3adb8b813bbe05f1.jpg

Edited by Eight Ball

@Justificus

Be careful with AI aircraft, they still need to learn how to taxi properly :P

So I've heard! Looking forward to seeing what you've come up with later tonight after work...

Justificus

System Specs:

Sorry for the dumb question here guys...

Where do we put the .MIZ files so we can access them in game?

No such thing as a stupid question, except the one you don't ask! ;)

It goes here:

C:\Users\(Your User Name Here)\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Missions\

Then you will see them in your game under missions and in the Mission Editor. Hope that helps.

Edited by Justificus
Fixed typo

Justificus

System Specs:

Put them in your saved games/dcs world openbeta/missions folder then select My Missions when dcs world is open

Blooze, these missions are for the open alpha, not the open beta. ;)

Edited by Justificus
Correct Spelling... Man I need more than 4 hours sleep!

Justificus

System Specs:

I was in a hurry.........sorry, I corrected my post. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Hey, no reason to apologize, honest mistake.

The reason I know so much is because I make so many mistakes.

LOL, join the club for making lots of mistakes!

Thanks for the help guys!!

No problem!

Justificus

System Specs:

I ain't gettin' any younger here :music_whistling:

Its so hard not to just fly when you start the game up;)

Should have a rough draft for testing by 18.00 Zulu, just waiting for wife to go see her horses before I can escape to the desert:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am trying to build a bit of an active template for some Nevada work... I gave SNAFU's random aircraft generator script a buzz a couple days ago and got mixed results. Aircraft were actually appearing but not moving around- and if they were moving it seems there are AI bugs that are preventing them from really doing what they're supposed to be doing.

I'm thinking I'll be able to do this tonight, but one thing that would help (if someone beats me to it) is having a list of airfield names as they're registered / entered in the ME scripts. To do this a person just needs to place a plane at every airfield and then open the .miz file to see how the airfield is entered in the documentation.

What this will allow for is for people to enter the specific airfield information into their scripts- old or new.

I don't think anyone has done it yet and as mentioned I can do it tonight when I get home from work- but if someone's sitting around twiddling their thumbs today that info may be beneficial.

Blooze:

One of my ambitions, and something I'm wanting to do for my own enjoyment, is exactly the type of training scenario you had in mind- building missions for "training" to go over the pond. Unfortunately a lot of the immersion scripts that help to enhance that suspension of disbelief are in pretty rough shape and I don't have the skills or know-how to go in and look under the hood. With that said, provided you don't have high expectations in terms of productions quality (ie: voice overs / realistic comms chatter etc) and are happy with a decent mission briefing, a reasonable flight to target, refueling and a somewhat elusive and / or random target behavior preserving some element of what I call realism... then I should have a few missions built in relatively short order. Problem is I need to make my "activity" template first to add some clutter for the initial stages- and random taxi / air traffic is a nice touch. Maybe not one that is in a working state right now.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

A10-C mission with 4 slots. 4 Mavs + 4 CBU 105's against some fuel trucks.

Should be enough;)

Let me know how it plays out and any feedback will be used or ignored as applicable:thumbup:

Degrading ISIS A10-C MP.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A10-C mission with 4 slots. 4 Mavs + 4 CBU 105's against some fuel trucks.

Should be enough;)

Let me know how it plays out and any feedback will be used or ignored as applicable:thumbup:

Nice :thumbup:

Will give it a try over the weekend. Thanks Cibit.

Looks like you're enjoying Nevada as much as I am! :joystick: Great ain't it :D

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Nice :thumbup:

Will give it a try over the weekend. Thanks Cibit.

Looks like you're enjoying Nevada as much as I am! :joystick: Great ain't it :D

Yup its very nice:D

Screen_151204_171401.thumb.jpg.b9bc18e65b96c9be27a973881216c229.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am trying to build a bit of an active template for some Nevada work... I gave SNAFU's random aircraft generator script a buzz a couple days ago and got mixed results. Aircraft were actually appearing but not moving around- and if they were moving it seems there are AI bugs that are preventing them from really doing what they're supposed to be doing.

I'm thinking I'll be able to do this tonight, but one thing that would help (if someone beats me to it) is having a list of airfield names as they're registered / entered in the ME scripts. To do this a person just needs to place a plane at every airfield and then open the .miz file to see how the airfield is entered in the documentation.

What this will allow for is for people to enter the specific airfield information into their scripts- old or new.

I don't think anyone has done it yet and as mentioned I can do it tonight when I get home from work- but if someone's sitting around twiddling their thumbs today that info may be beneficial.

Blooze:

One of my ambitions, and something I'm wanting to do for my own enjoyment, is exactly the type of training scenario you had in mind- building missions for "training" to go over the pond. Unfortunately a lot of the immersion scripts that help to enhance that suspension of disbelief are in pretty rough shape and I don't have the skills or know-how to go in and look under the hood. With that said, provided you don't have high expectations in terms of productions quality (ie: voice overs / realistic comms chatter etc) and are happy with a decent mission briefing, a reasonable flight to target, refueling and a somewhat elusive and / or random target behavior preserving some element of what I call realism... then I should have a few missions built in relatively short order. Problem is I need to make my "activity" template first to add some clutter for the initial stages- and random taxi / air traffic is a nice touch. Maybe not one that is in a working state right now.

I'll be looking forward to your future projects.

Quickish Huey nission

Overview

Potential dirty bombs bound for Las Vegas. We have armed your chopper with Miniguns and rockets. As the last line of defence its down to you to neutralize the vehicles before the drivers can explode the bombs

Our under cover operatives have put homing devices onto the 3 potential bomb vehicles. Transmitting on FM it will be 31,35 or 41 they are the 3 frequencies passed on by the spooks.

The destination ironically is the intersection at Paradise

Blue Task

Scan the FM frequency to detect the locator beacons. Search and Destroy. Try to limit collateral damage and civilian casualties Destroy all bomb vehicles or the consequences are not even worth thinking about!!!

UH-1H Dirty bombs V1.1.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]