A-10 - Sturmovik - campaign.

A-10C Sturmovik

5680415.png

A story driven campaign, with voice over from professional actors, now fully subtitled in English!

Brief: Following weeks of unrest in Georgia, its Adjara region has announced that is it separating away from the republic. Georgia has sent troops to the republic to restore constitutional order back and clamp down on the newly formed militias.

A pair of A-10C planes that were sent by the United States to Georgia for evaluation purposes as part of an arms deal negotiation were now in the hands of the Adjarians. With the breakaway republic being supported by Russia in the UN, two test pilots from Russian Airforce, Lipetsk, have arrived to Batumi with one mission: hijack the American made sturmoviks!

A 14 mission long fully voiced over campaign will follow the unfolding events in the volatile Georgian region as seen from the seat of the legendary tank buster - the A-10 Sturmovik!

This is the official campaign for the A-10C, but it was previously available only in Russian. Comrade Katmandu translated texts into English and now I can present to you the localized version. Audio messages are still in Russian. Good flight!

Update.

Campaign is translated on English and China. It is multilanguage now. Link for download is deleted because campaign is available for players in menu of campaigns for A-10C.

@Dzen

Hello

I have a problem that needs your help. I am make a Missions. I want to create an opening animation like to Sturmovik Campaign Missions 1. How do I make it? Where can I get an opening animation production tutorial? Thank you.

• ED Team
@Dzen

Hello

I have a problem that needs your help. I am make a Missions. I want to create an opening animation like to Sturmovik Campaign Missions 1. How do I make it? Where can I get an opening animation production tutorial? Thank you.

Hello.

Have I right understand? You asked about Intro - a track on the start of the mission?

Here is a short instruction:

Procedure for creating a mission with a track:

1. Create a mission with the necessary triggers, graphics and audio materials. Don't use the triggers with random conditionsIn in missions with the intro, since in the intro (track) random numbers will always be the same.

2. Start the mission, record the opening track and save it.

3. Create a file named "continue_track" with the number 1 inside. You can create a file in Notepad or any similar program. File without extension.

4. Open the TRK file in the archiver program and insert the continue_track file in the track_data folder inside the TRK file.

5. Change the extension of the TRK file to MIZ.

The result is a mission file MIZ, which contains a track inside it. When you run this mission, the track will be played, after which the control will automatically switch to the player.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Wingman any good?

Hi Guys,

anybody having any luck with wingman at all? They seemed to be totally useless, not even responding, let alone assisting... Tried to raise him on UHF, but no luck on any radio for that matter. Should be UHF I guess, but then I have to use the frequency I'm given by mission briefing... Do I miss something?

• ED Team
Hi Guys,

anybody having any luck with wingman at all? They seemed to be totally useless, not even responding, let alone assisting... Tried to raise him on UHF, but no luck on any radio for that matter. Should be UHF I guess, but then I have to use the frequency I'm given by mission briefing... Do I miss something?

If you change the frequency the wingman has an old frequency, he doesn't change it. Use the another band or change the frequency to old like on start of mission.

If you lose the wingman in some mission all further missions in campaign will be without wingman.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm having trouble with mission 6 (GIFTS). At IPM, I switch radio channel to 5 as instructed by Dnepr, but Talon does not talk to me on that channel at all. Total silence. The game recognizes my channel switch as the text message to switch channel to 5 (261) disappears once I did it.

Due to Talon not telling me what target I have to hit first, I just pick one myself. As soon as I destroy the target, I get radioed that I do not have permission to attack and the mission fails. I tried this multiple times with different targets.

So I am stuck and cannot continue with this otherwise pretty cool campaign.

• ED Team
I'm having trouble with mission 6 (GIFTS). At IPM, I switch radio channel to 5 as instructed by Dnepr, but Talon does not talk to me on that channel at all. Total silence. The game recognizes my channel switch as the text message to switch channel to 5 (261) disappears once I did it.

Due to Talon not telling me what target I have to hit first, I just pick one myself. As soon as I destroy the target, I get radioed that I do not have permission to attack and the mission fails. I tried this multiple times with different targets.

Did you switch this selector to position PRESET?

Screen_180713_180758.thumb.jpg.48765453682911b812fec61e1b7721ea.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Continue to fly along the waypoints. They will tell you which target are you cleared in hot for.

Did you switch this selector to position PRESET?

I fiddled around a bit and figured that manually tuning the frequency solved my issue. This is the first mission where I had to do this manually. In all previous missions this was just done with switching to channel 5. Maybe it is because the selector is set to MNL initially in this mission and on PRESET in the previous ones.

• 3 months later...

Started the campaign today, but at the start when you are tasked to steal the airplanes, the wingman and me are both attacked (and shotdown) by our own fleet (tried enabling the labels and can confirm the "red" missles are killing us). I'm on latest release non-steam version.

Started the campaign today, but at the start when you are tasked to steal the airplanes, the wingman and me are both attacked (and shotdown) by our own fleet (tried enabling the labels and can confirm the "red" missles are killing us). I'm on latest release non-steam version.

Before asking away, did you try to read back in this topic to see if there is an answer to your problem?

Before asking away, did you try to read back in this topic to see if there is an answer to your problem?

Damn, I did search but found nothing, now I went and read all the threads and sure enough there was the answer. I will try staying bellow 300ft, but I'm not sure my wingman will follow that because he always gets shotdown first.

• 4 weeks later...
Meh, there is one drawback in getting this campaign in the stock game rather than in the user files download section: I can't give it a thousand thumbs up in the form of 5 big fat stars... Just finished it today, I loved it! Thanks ;-)

Ah, that explains; didn't remember ever downloading this, but it was there in the campaign list. Didn't realize it was included in update.

So far, really liking it (4 missions so far.)

Hello,

A question about the mission "On Duty"

After you kill the first group and rearm, Dpner tells you you can destroy the bridge. I drop some rockets gun and a maverick on it but nothing. Is there a specific way to destroy the bridge or shall I just bring a big load of bombs and destroy every vehicule?

Thanks for the campain, it's awesome and it feels good to take the A10C for a ride once more :)

• ED Team
Hello,

A question about the mission "On Duty"

After you kill the first group and rearm, Dpner tells you you can destroy the bridge. I drop some rockets gun and a maverick on it but nothing. Is there a specific way to destroy the bridge or shall I just bring a big load of bombs and destroy every vehicule?

Thanks for the campain, it's awesome and it feels good to take the A10C for a ride once more :)

You can destroy the bridge to avoid the enemy cross the river. But it would better if you destroy most of enemies vehicles. Take more CBU-97 and Mavericks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hay Guys,

night raid against an enemy airfield. Cleared all targets, at least Control clears me to egress after reporting target destruction, then half way home: "Mission fail, you did not accomplish the mission". WTF?

A little late but I thought I would post in case someone else has this issue. I had the same problem, cleared for egress but then got "mission failed" when returning home. I looked in the mission editor and you need to destroy both AAA at each end of the runway. You also need to destroy all static planes and helicopters on the taxi. Once I did that I was able to successfully complete the mission.

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

• 1 month later...

Thanks anyway ! Another artifact: Batumi airfield liberation - all TGT destroyed, confirmed on radio from ground too, I was thanked and sent to the cantine to have some beers. After landing request I was waved off for a go around due to busy runway, then landed, and never got a mission success message.

Uhmm... what?

• ED Team
Thanks anyway ! Another artifact: Batumi airfield liberation - all TGT destroyed, confirmed on radio from ground too, I was thanked and sent to the cantine to have some beers. After landing request I was waved off for a go around due to busy runway, then landed, and never got a mission success message.

Uhmm... what?

I checked this mission and didn't reproduce this bug. Some tips for this mission:

- You should land at Batumi, it's important.

- You shouldn't request landing by ATC Batumi, it was an enemy's airport.

If you don't get success in this mission again, let me see your track.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I checked this mission and didn't reproduce this bug. Some tips for this mission:

- You should land at Batumi, it's important.

- You shouldn't request landing by ATC Batumi, it was an enemy's airport.

If you don't get success in this mission again, let me see your track.

Shoot, I flew back to the original airport I took off from. Where was this info? I must have missed it.

Thanks

• ED Team
Shoot, I flew back to the original airport I took off from. Where was this info? I must have missed it.

Thanks

- 110th, looks like everything. Everything that moved is no longer moving. We'll go storm the canteen, and you are free to go... -oh, and thank you for your work. Tune to the working channel. If you'll be on the ground, come and see us, we'll thank you in person!

GO TO THE FREQUENCY 251.0

In case of malfunctioning radio, see radio menu.

--->

- 110th, the task is completed, the airfield is under our control. Land at Batumi.

- 110th understood, landing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

Hiya, i have a question about mission 5, after wp3 the order is to switch for combat radio VHF 235 AM, is this correct?

Because i can't tune to that frequency on the VHF radio? Or is it a typo, and it suposed to be UHF?

Also, not that it matters but the conformation report on wp2/ipm is still in russian text

Edited by kurtz667
Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2