A-10 - Sturmovik - campaign.

Three cheers for Dzen!

A-10C Sturmovik

5680415.png

A story driven campaign, with voice over from professional actors, now fully subtitled in English!

Brief: Following weeks of unrest in Georgia, its Adjara region has announced that is it separating away from the republic. Georgia has sent troops to the republic to restore constitutional order back and clamp down on the newly formed militias.

A pair of A-10C planes that were sent by the United States to Georgia for evaluation purposes as part of an arms deal negotiation were now in the hands of the Adjarians. With the breakaway republic being supported by Russia in the UN, two test pilots from Russian Airforce, Lipetsk, have arrived to Batumi with one mission: hijack the American made sturmoviks!

A 14 mission long fully voiced over campaign will follow the unfolding events in the volatile Georgian region as seen from the seat of the legendary tank buster - the A-10 Sturmovik!

This is the official campaign for the A-10C, but it was previously available only in Russian. Comrade Katmandu translated texts into English and now I can present to you the localized version. Audio messages are still in Russian. Good flight!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/izgx6b4ejiibl8m/enA-10%20-%20Sturmovik.zip

Hey thanks Dzen, that is totally awesome of you to do this. Initially I thought this was a DCS build but that’s cool. Anyway I appreciate it very much. Only just started mission 1 last night and got fried after two attempts but now after reading your tips I’ll def be going low tonight when I give it another try. And what a great precursor to this campaign, nice idea man. I seem to remember another campaign mission that started like this, where you had limited time and needed to scramble, it makes for an interesting scenario and really gets you going. And wow 14 story driven campaign missions all for the price of a download? Who could ask for more?

Thanks a bunch Dzen,

Cheers G

:thumbup:

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

• ED Team
Hey thanks Dzen, that is totally awesome of you to do this. Initially I thought this was a DCS build but that’s cool. Anyway I appreciate it very much. Only just started mission 1 last night and got fried after two attempts but now after reading your tips I’ll def be going low tonight when I give it another try. And what a great precursor to this campaign, nice idea man. I seem to remember another campaign mission that started like this, where you had limited time and needed to scramble, it makes for an interesting scenario and really gets you going. And wow 14 story driven campaign missions all for the price of a download? Who could ask for more?

Thanks a bunch Dzen,

Cheers G

:thumbup:

Many thanks for your comment!

This campaign is translated in chinese and now it has three localisation: russian, english, chinese. Voiseover is only russian.

Campaign is fully modified for new Caucasus and will be available in next update.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Many thanks for your comment!

This campaign is translated in chinese and now it has three localisation: russian, english, chinese. Voiseover is only russian.

Campaign is fully modified for new Caucasus and will be available in next update.

Dzen, sorry I'm a little confused, update for? English voice overs you mean?

noexpression.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

I mean update of DCS. Voice-over is only russian.

Ok cool, thank you

smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having troubles in mission 10 - On Duty.

I kill the first group and get the order to RTB. Su-24 do their bomb run and shortly before I reach Sukhumi I am ordered to land, rearm, refuel and get back out. So far so good, but after that, nothing happens anymore. No radio calls, friendly column stopps at one point and doesn't move again etc. I have destoyed all the units across the river (without ever being told to do so) but that didn't trigger anything, either. Am I missing something?

Thx for the help!

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

• ED Team
I'm having troubles in mission 10 - On Duty.

I kill the first group and get the order to RTB. Su-24 do their bomb run and shortly before I reach Sukhumi I am ordered to land, rearm, refuel and get back out. So far so good, but after that, nothing happens anymore. No radio calls, friendly column stopps at one point and doesn't move again etc. I have destoyed all the units across the river (without ever being told to do so) but that didn't trigger anything, either. Am I missing something?

Thx for the help!

It was bug in mission 10_A10Sturm1.miz. It's fixed and will be in next update.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is this campaign a user file then? I'm confused. I just got home today from work for calling sick and updating and saw it in the patch notes and have never seen this campaign before?

Read the first post in the thread :smilewink:

It was bug in mission 10_A10Sturm1.miz. It's fixed and will be in next update.

Awesome! Thank you for the quick response.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

• 5 weeks later...

Just starting this campaign, played a little of the first mission last night, the urgency had me scrambling like mad to get up, most fun I've had in dcs in a while, thanks ;)

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

• 3 weeks later...

How to complete "On Duty" mission

Have followed all instructions, destroyed every target, and landed back at the base in the "On Duty" mission, but it never tells me I've successfully completed the mission and won't allow me to progress to the next mission.

What am I doing wrong, or is "On Duty" the last mission and there's nothing to indicate that the campaign is over?

• ED Team
Have followed all instructions, destroyed every target, and landed back at the base in the "On Duty" mission, but it never tells me I've successfully completed the mission and won't allow me to progress to the next mission.

What am I doing wrong, or is "On Duty" the last mission and there's nothing to indicate that the campaign is over?

It would be good to have a track

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's a long mission so I didn't record a track, but if I had it would show taking off, getting instructions to eliminate all threats after steerpoint 3, killing 4 vehicles (the AGM-65Ds won't lock any targets in this mission in 2.5 btw), reporting destruction of those vehicles, getting instructions to RTB then getting instructions to rearm/refuel, rearming/refueling, returning to the same area and killing every target, no more instructions, RTB, still nothing.

What am I missing?

• ED Team
Has anyone completed the "On Duty" mission? What happened after you eliminated all the targets? What should I be looking for?

Maybe conditions of success are too hard, it will be changed in the next update.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Ok. When is the next update?

Yesterday

DCS 2.5.2.18307 Update 3

A-10C Shturmovik campaign - Conditions of success are too hard - 10th mission - fixed

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]