A-10 - Sturmovik - campaign.

• ED Team

A-10C Sturmovik

5680415.png

A story driven campaign, with voice over from professional actors, now fully subtitled in English!

Brief: Following weeks of unrest in Georgia, its Adjara region has announced that is it separating away from the republic. Georgia has sent troops to the republic to restore constitutional order back and clamp down on the newly formed militias.

A pair of A-10C planes that were sent by the United States to Georgia for evaluation purposes as part of an arms deal negotiation were now in the hands of the Adjarians. With the breakaway republic being supported by Russia in the UN, two test pilots from Russian Airforce, Lipetsk, have arrived to Batumi with one mission: hijack the American made sturmoviks!

A 14 mission long fully voiced over campaign will follow the unfolding events in the volatile Georgian region as seen from the seat of the legendary tank buster - the A-10 Sturmovik!

This is the official campaign for the A-10C, but it was previously available only in Russian. Comrade Katmandu translated texts into English and now I can present to you the localized version. Audio messages are still in Russian. Good flight!

Update.

Campaign is translated on English and China. It is multilanguage now. Link for download is deleted because campaign is available for players in menu of campaigns for A-10C.

Edited by Dzen
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have translated this campaign as it is (imho) among the most atmospheric, best written-directed-and-acted campaigns that are available for any DCS module. It is really quite superb imho. The professional actors used for radio comms really make it come alive, but scripting and missions are fresh and interesting in themselves.

Audio is still in Russian (which is the way it should be as you'll be playing as a Russian test pilot who will have hijacked one of the 2 A-10C from Geogria) but you'll have subtitles for everything, plus all the briefings have been translated. I always prefer to watch foreign cinema (Japanese, French, Swedish etc) with subtitles and not dubbed so I can hear genuine emotions of the original actors, this will be similar experience for English speaking A-10C fans. :)

Without spoiling too much, this pretty large campaign (14 missions?) will have you hijacking planes from under the nose of advancing guards (fire up the APU, then one engine and GO), locating terrorist cars, firing warning shots, sinking cutters, bombing chemical plants, saving fallen chopper pilots, performing night raids on enemy airfields... Lets just say it is nothing like the Georgian Hammer default English campaign which is really generic and lacking in atmosphere and personality.

Some stereotypes will need to be squashed in the process, but you cant miss this one if you like the A-10c !

Edited by Katmandu

I just tried the first mission, 20-30 seconds after take-off my wingman get shot down by a F-16 and the mission is lost. Is this a bug or did I take too long to start my engines?

Tried it 3 times, wingman never survived longer than a minute.

I have had this issue too. I tried the mission 3 times. first time I was shot down by a sidewinder mission over. 2nd and 3rd times my wingman got shot down just before I reached the ships, mission over. Gave up.

Man this mission is tough. If this is just the first/easy mission I dread to think what the rest of the campaign has in store for poor old me LOL. :/

I will try it again later when I get home from work.

Great Intro and atmosphere in the campaign so far. I just hope I can progress in order to see more :)

Dzen. Thanks for translating this and giving us the opportunity to try it.

Cheers

SD

Edited by the_soupdragon
spelleing

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
I just tried the first mission, 20-30 seconds after take-off my wingman get shot down by a F-16 and the mission is lost. Is this a bug or did I take too long to start my engines?

Tried it 3 times, wingman never survived longer than a minute.

It is your mistake. Important and necessary requirement - after takeoff must not rise above 300 feet. Then everything will be OK.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, I've completed the first mission twice yesterday while looking for translation errors and had no problems at all, this mission (or this campaign) is not *hard* (unless you do silly stuff or do not keep to your briefing). Do not wait for systems to boot up (you can always do inflight GPS alignment later or just follow the directions given), spool up one engine and start rolling straight away, then keep as low as you can.

By popping up high you expose not only yourself , but your wingman too. If they launch on you, you can still escape by diving to the water surface (alt 20-40 feet), the missiles will try to predict your trajectory and will crash into the sea. I have made the same mistake during one of my tests and used this simple tactic to evade both 120Cs that F16s launched on me :) But staying low from the beginning avoids the problem altogether.

Edited by Katmandu

• 3 weeks later...

@Dzen;

Tried to fly mission 2 (bombing and navigation) today.

I've got my L/L at IPM, which are 43 05 18, 041 40 03 for WP4. Entered them in my CDU (new WP, shown as 43 05 180, 041 40 030), and altered the flightplan (via CDU FPM).

But my WP isn't the same as shown by the briefing screenie. It is more offset eastwards.

Nothing happens when overflying it. I did change frequencies from 251.00 to preset 5, still no joy. (Not clear when to change to the other freq?!)

Any help is much appreciated.

BTW any chance to delete your snapviews, they are way off for me.

• ED Team
@Dzen;

Tried to fly mission 2 (bombing and navigation) today.

I've got my L/L at IPM, which are 43 05 18, 041 40 03 for WP4. Entered them in my CDU (new WP, shown as 43 05 180, 041 40 030), and altered the flightplan (via CDU FPM).

But my WP isn't the same as shown by the briefing screenie. It is more offset eastwards.

Nothing happens when overflying it. I did change frequencies from 251.00 to preset 5, still no joy. (Not clear when to change to the other freq?!)

Any help is much appreciated.

BTW any chance to delete your snapviews, they are way off for me.

Enter numbers must be so - 43 05 180, 041 40 030. Video in Russian, but it should be understood -

5566316.jpg

To delete snapviews you can delete all folders in missions file:

5538666.jpg

Edited by Dzen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Nice campaign but the mission with CAS over the city is hard without TGP and stingers. Had to get back repair and rearm still failed. Gonna retry it.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this Campaign! Nice fresh idea for the plot! Enjoying it alot.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• 3 weeks later...

campaign doesn't work with 1.5

Mission 1 CTD

Mission 2 no trackir

Edit : could resolve the trackir troubles by removing the config folder in the mission file.

Edited by Zarma

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

• 2 years later...

There appears to be a number of issues with the campaign in 2.5

It is an excellent campaign and I'm trying to fix what I can so i can continue.

Is anyone responsible for updates at this time? Is there a place I should post my fixes? (like the altitude end mission trigger on #2)

Thanks in advance!

• ED Team
There appears to be a number of issues with the campaign in 2.5

It is an excellent campaign and I'm trying to fix what I can so i can continue.

Is anyone responsible for updates at this time? Is there a place I should post my fixes? (like the altitude end mission trigger on #2)

Thanks in advance!

i'm updating this campaign and it will be fixed in nearest time. Moreover it is redesigned in the multilanguage format.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i'm updating this campaign and it will be fixed in nearest time. Moreover it is redesigned in the multilanguage format.

Great! Thank you!

YouTube || Copycats - technology and product clones (primarily aviation) || dgrigoriev.com
SPECS: i7 8700K (OK 5GHz), 2xGTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 1Tb SSD, WIN 10, 2560x1440, Oculus Rift CV1 || TM Warthog, TIR5, MFG Crosswind pedals

Hello on this link here are some problems we are having in the campaign, I hope it helps.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202100

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56