• 2 weeks later...

I made a DCE campaign for AV-8B N/A in Persian Gulf taking off from TARAWA (same Task force than CVN Stennis with my F/A-18C Hornet campaign over PG) I have problems with Harrier take off : If I select Take off from ramp (defaut option) planes are spawning on the Tarawa's deck Player plane in first position and other planes behind...

- If I ask ATC for engine start in my checklist, Number 2 moves instantly and rams me

- If I don't ask ATC for engine start and I take off, Number 2 doesn't move anymore

- If I start engine and wait for the last time to ask for engine start just before my take off, ATC refuses me engine start (my engine is running ! ) and number 2 doesn't move anymore.

- If I take off and crash just in front of the deck number 2 is taking off !

My first solution was to edit the mission and change take off for a hotstart (with 4 planes I have to edit planes positions too because defaut is 1, 3, 4, 2 so number 3 doesn't move waiting for n°2 to move :doh:)

It's not satisfying me because I really enjoy new start sequence with INS alignement :(

With my last test I found another solution editing the mission to have number 2 (and 3, 4 ) in front of me so that when I ask for engine start they take off before me, waiting for me near TARAWA. It's better than hotstart for me but AIs can have problems with fuel quantity...

Is there another solution I don't know ? Really strange that AI takes off after me only when I crash !!!

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Hi all !

I have an error with the Operation Red Bear campaign, I get this error when I quit the first mission :

https://ibb.co/h60q9f

Thanks in advance !

EDIT : I managed to solve the problem : make sure the paths are pointing at the right directory in the different files and check that the .cmp file is in the campaign directory and not in the "Operation Red Bear" directory.

Edited by ikaruga

• 2 weeks later...

I think the problem comes from the new PG map update...

A quick solution should be to open and save the base_mission.miz with the mission editor ( this file is in the init folder ) then you launch the firstmission.bat or the skipmission.bat to use the new map ( and don’t forget to apply the usual missionscripting.lua file modifications after an update )

I will try to update my PG DCE campaigns soon

Edited by PB0_CEF
file names corrections

It will depend of what folder you will change : look at the init folder and find new files (using date) if you change only those new files you will only have to adjust small things in status folder (like anti ship missions) then you can use skipmission.bat and it should work ...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Question popped into my head last night while flying the Hornet over PG campaign.

I lost 2 airframes from the inventory of 4. One downed. One damaged. Does the DCE figure in resupply of airframes during the course of the campaign? Or is it a case.of once.its.gone, you get no more.

Thanks

Markeebo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is it possible to place Some static aircraft on the carrier like we have on the instant action missions for the f-18 campaigns? The carrier feels kind of lifeless now.

I wanted to do that but I'm not sure AI's taxying will not be affected by those planes on the deck :(

I know that when 2 F-18 are waiting on the deck (for a later mission) it's not a good idee to let wingman land before player because it rams one of the two Hornets after landing ... It's better to land first and wait for it to land and then stop the mission just before it's taxiing...

I will try to find safe static aircraft position :smilewink:

Question popped into my head last night while flying the Hornet over PG campaign.

I lost 2 airframes from the inventory of 4. One downed. One damaged. Does the DCE figure in resupply of airframes during the course of the campaign? Or is it a case.of once.its.gone, you get no more.

Thanks

Markeebo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think that damaged airframes will come back to the inventory later in the campaign. I don't know exactly when...

I wanted to do that but I'm not sure AI's taxying will not be affected by those planes on the deck :(

I know that when 2 F-18 are waiting on the deck (for a later mission) it's not a good idee to let wingman land before player because it rams one of the two Hornets after landing ... It's better to land first and wait for it to land and then stop the mission just before it's taxiing...

I think the Ai Go,s Right through at least the static aircraft on deck. I happened to see that in the instant action carrier landing mission.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Btw for Some reason the Mavg is unusable in the persian gulf campaign. I tried multiple times. When i select the mavg? I dont get the countdown but rdy under the mavg om ddi. Uncaging doesnt do anything either. Not Sure of its a bug or it has anything to do with Being on the carrier or something Else in the dce. Havent tried them in the mission editor yet though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Btw for Some reason the Mavg is unusable in the persian gulf campaign. I tried multiple times. When i select the mavg? I dont get the countdown but rdy under the mavg om ddi. Uncaging doesnt do anything either. Not Sure of its a bug or it has anything to do with Being on the carrier or something Else in the dce. Havent tried them in the mission editor yet though.

Mavg was working for me in this campaign but I will have to update this campaign this week after the last update to use Mavf ;)

Question. How do you give orders to your wing man for the f-18 persian gulf campaign? I tried using the radio & easy radio. But they just dont respond to my commando. Same go,s for the carrier. Is this a bug with the F-18 by any chance? Its kind of problematic if i cant get any help from my flight or wingman.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You need to use radio channels given in briefing. Wingmen channel is always Com 1 channel 1 (package) channel 2 is ATC and 3 is AWACS when available... I usually copy channel 1 frequency on Com 2 to be able to listen wingmen and package aircrafts and AWACS or ATC at the same time. To make wingmen attack ground targets I wait passing IP and use Engage mission and rejoin commands

Is it possible to experiment placing Some static aircraft myself ik the mission editor you think?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]