The Adjara Oil Incident

Hello, had a copy of DCS (A-10C) since 2011 but never had a machine good enough to run it.

Now I do have and have been spending some time with it.

I created this mini-campaign (6 missions) for the A-10C thinking about a hypothetical scenario where Turkey invades the Autonomous Republic of Adjara.

Hope you enjoy it, and if you do probably there will be another one coming later in the Persian Gulf.

No mods required apart the A-10C (which can be replaced with an A-10A or any other plane of your choice).

Feedback (good and bad) will be appreciated in order to improve ;)

DOWNLOAD: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302705/

To not lose track of the changes I will be attaching the latest campaign zip to this post.

• 01/12/2018: Fix a missing spawning JTAC (not mission required though) and a couple of spelling errors. Added more information on two mission briefings.
  • 11/11/2018: Updated missions failing JTAC and fixed a bug in the Rescue Pilot mission
  • 04/12/2018: Lowered JTAC ceiling on first mission

Edited by leonardo_c
attach file

... Feedback (good and bad) will be appreciated in order to improve ;)

I gave it a short try of its first Mission, but the lack of a proper briefing turned me off a bit :(

The mission only provides a short Situation description, but there are no Mission Objectives, no intelligence on the enemy's forces, nor a diagram of the planned flight plan ... I need those things in order to know what to do and what is expected of my pilot in order to complete the Mission and progress on the Campaign.

I like that you are willing to share your missions, and hopefully you can polish them a bit more ... probably you have played these missions several times while designing them, you know them by heart ... but you need to see them from the point of view of someone new to the Campaign, check if you are providing enough info for them to complete the mission.

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I gave it a short try of its first Mission, but the lack of a proper briefing turned me off a bit :(

The mission only provides a short Situation description, but there are no Mission Objectives, no intelligence on the enemy's forces, nor a diagram of the planned flight plan ...

Hi Eduardo, thanks for the input.

You are absolutely right, I played those missions lots of times and know them by heart.

As for the "no mission objectives" or "intelligence on enemy forces" my intention is to let the player see things evolving in the first mission.

There are no clear objectives and no clear assessment on the enemy threat because there is not yet a state of war.

My idea is that you are a flying as an observer and suddenly things happen forcing the player to react quickly.

But you are right, I left out that information also on the following missions and made too many assumptions on what the player would be expecting.

That's a good insight for the future stuff.:thumbup:

New updated version, I made some enemy units visible on the planner map.

Also some areas which trigger mission eventsare now visible.

As a final touch I reworked quite a bit the briefings:

* clear objectives (hopefully!)

* allied groups and how to contact them

* threat assessment information.

Required modules:

* A-10C (but every mission could be modified to use SU-25 or SU-25T)

Enjoy :)

Edited by leonardo_c

Thanks a lot .. will give it a try soon :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hy Leonardo I tried your campaign and all goes well till 3th mission (the one you have to destroy Batumi bridge). I destroyed the bridge with Gbu 10 but I do not get the mission accomplished message. I tried the mission tree times withe the same resoults (bridge destroyed but mission faild). First and second mission ok.

Thank you for the campaign.

regards

Gibo

Hy Leonardo I tried your campaign and all goes well till 3th mission (the one you have to destroy Batumi bridge). I destroyed the bridge with Gbu 10 but I do not get the mission accomplished message. I tried the mission tree times withe the same resoults (bridge destroyed but mission faild). First and second mission ok.

regards

Gibo

Thanks Gibo, I guess there must be some problem with the mission goal there.

Currently it is set a "bomb GBU-10 in Bridge Zone" where bridge zone is a 650ft radius area around the bridge (you can see it opening the mission in the mission editor).

I will check how to reproduce your issue, it worked fine for me, probably there is some other way to do set that goal in a more reliable way.

Thanks for the help ;)

EDIT: replicated easily, indeed no score for me also. Time to debug.

Edited by leonardo_c

regards

Gibo

Fixed the problem.

Apparently the problem is that the goal was to have "1" GBU in the bridge area.

If you drop 2 (and usually you would) then the flag goes to false again.

So now I fixed that with a flag that will not be set by the mission goal but before, so the flag will be true by mission's end.

I tried the fix and it worked fine. I also added a communication message to notify the player that the GBU-10 was dropped in the expected area.

Thanks for the feedback ;)

Edited by leonardo_c
editing

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate, didn't try the campaign yet but on first glance... It would be great to have something more jucy for the campaign thumb nail picture when you put all the campaign files into the proper campaign folder in the main DCS installation folder. And speaking of that; since DCS only recognizes a campaign when one dumps the individual files in that folder and unfortunately not campaigns that in a seperate folder, it would be great if all files kinda begin with a unique identifier so they stay grouped together and don't mix up with the files from different campaigns. Yep, not that big of a deal, but it would keep things tidy. For instance, all the files of your campaign could begin with ''Adjara''. Looking forward to playing this!

Hey mate, didn't try the campaign yet but on first glance... It would be great to have something more jucy for the campaign thumb nail picture when you put all the campaign files into the proper campaign folder in the main DCS installation folder. And speaking of that; since DCS only recognizes a campaign when one dumps the individual files in that folder and unfortunately not campaigns that in a seperate folder, it would be great if all files kinda begin with a unique identifier so they stay grouped together and don't mix up with the files from different campaigns. Yep, not that big of a deal, but it would keep things tidy. For instance, all the files of your campaign could begin with ''Adjara''. Looking forward to playing this!

Nice touch about having all files with the same prefix, definitely will apply that one.

As for the "juicy" thumbnail, well, I need to find something with the correct copyright and not just steal content, but I will try to figure out something.

As for the rest, I just unzip the main folder to my /Saved Games/DCS/Missions/Campaigns/en folder and that's it.

Forgot to mention, I got the AV-8B recently and will most likely update this campaign for it (with the Tarawa), but only after I will consider it done for the A-10C.

Edited by leonardo_c

And speaking of that; since DCS only recognizes a campaign when one dumps the individual files in that folder and unfortunately not campaigns that in a seperate folder

This is not true, campaigns work fine in subfolders. Just put all campaign files (.cmp, .miz, .jpg etc.) in a subfolder of Missions/Campaigns/en.

• 3 weeks later...

Just flew mission 1. Nice tasking but the JTAC wasnt working and I had to guess the wingman frequency. Maybe but the JTAC on an FM frequency and the wingman on UHF so we can have both at the same time.

And in VR it's not always easy to notice the messages. Maybe add some sounds ?

Edited by Zarma

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Just flew mission 1. Nice tasking but the JTAC wasnt working and I had to guess the wingman frequency. Maybe but the JTAC on an FM frequency and the wingman on UHF so we can have both at the same time.

I have to admit that using the in-game JTAC is really troublesome and it is a thing also on this campaign.

On another campaign I'm working on I replaced the default JTAC with the CTLD one.

At some point I will have to get back to this campaign and replace all JTACs, although here they are not mandatory to finish the missions.

As for the sounds, well, that would require a recording studio and different voice actors. I am not yet at that level.

thanks for the feedback ;)

Edited by leonardo_c

• 1 year later...

Hi there and thank you for sharing this campaign. Can you reveal the wingman radio freq please as I have tried most but still cannot communicate with him lol. Also, might it be possible to have freqs on each box for ease of listening rather than having to switch on the same freq? Cheers :)

Edited by Highwayman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs: Intel iCore I7 5820K @4.5Ghz/Water Cooled by Corsair H110i and 2 x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans/32GB Kingston HyperX RAM @3000Mhz/ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme Mobo/NVidia GTX 1080Ti FE Morpheus Cooled with 2 x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM Fans/TM Warthog HOTAS/TrackIR/Plantronics RIG 800HD Dolby ATMOS Wireless Gaming Headset/

Thanks for the steer in ME. Got the freq :) 251 on box 2 ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs: Intel iCore I7 5820K @4.5Ghz/Water Cooled by Corsair H110i and 2 x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans/32GB Kingston HyperX RAM @3000Mhz/ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme Mobo/NVidia GTX 1080Ti FE Morpheus Cooled with 2 x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM Fans/TM Warthog HOTAS/TrackIR/Plantronics RIG 800HD Dolby ATMOS Wireless Gaming Headset/