Through The Inferno (Georgian Coast) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

Hello DeadlyFishes,

I am very eager to fly your fantastic mission, but I get following game stopper (for me) right after mission start.

If I select ANY Air to Air mission in the Hornet, the text message "AA Mission ACTIVATED" (or similar, I am currently at work) repeats itsel indefinetly. The "BEEP" included.

I tried several changes with my configuration and changes, but I am afraid it is some loop in one of your lua's.

Thanks for the work and efford!!

Hello DeadlyFishes,

I am very eager to fly your fantastic mission, but I get following game stopper (for me) right after mission start.

If I select ANY Air to Air mission in the Hornet, the text message "AA Mission ACTIVATED" (or similar, I am currently at work) repeats itsel indefinetly. The "BEEP" included.

I tried several changes with my configuration and changes, but I am afraid it is some loop in one of your lua's.

Thanks for the work and efford!!

I just did a test on a vanilla file, no edits. Seems to be 100% fine.

What changes did you do?

If you add or remove any of the RED units you'll see a lot of errors like that.

Thank you for this mod.

I was wandering if I can have any wingman in the missions by any way?

Yes, you can go to the mission editor and add more planes to the group that you want to use.

Make sure their difficulty is set to anything EXCEPT Player or Client.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

EDIT: You gave me the kick in the butt I needed.

I reseted my user folder from scratch, now it works!!!

I apologize for not thinking on this in the first place.

Thanks for the answer!

I use the Vanilla Version of the Mission, changed not a dot.

I Run DCS with DAWS Package and Tacview and an edited missionscripting.lua for the DCE stuff, no other Mods.

Version 1.08 worked just fine btw

But thanks for checking, If I know its I problem on my part, I will dig further into my setup, I come again if find a solution.

Edited by KewlerMouh

Just want to say thank you so much for these (all terrains). They really create the environment I hope for in DCS, shame they dont have this standard option to begin with.

Cant wait to see further updates!

I added stationary aircraft/objects the the carrier and also a few destroyers patrolling alongside it to add to atmosphere.

I'm In love

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys! A GREAT NEW UPDATE HAS ARRIVED! -- Find the download link on the first page of this forum post, it's the link to the ED User files page.

UPDATE 12/16/2018:

- Added "Zeus" spawning/destroying feature.

- Added "ALIVE" versions which act similarly to the multiplayer version of TTI.

- Added more objects to Stennis Carrier.

- Added Random Air Traffic for "ALIVE" versions.

WHAT'S NEW?

Several variations of the mission is included:

ALIVE VERSION:

• All missions will start automatically. --Just like the multiplayer version!

• Enemy A2A AI will spawn automatically, but can still be spawned manually if you'd like using the F10 - Other radio menu
  • Random SAM sites will generate in a random unknown location every 30+ minutes.
  • Random air traffic is active. You will see friendly civillian non-combat planes randomly flying their own routes.

STANDARD VERSION:

• All missions must be triggered MANUALLY via the F10 Other - Radio Menu. -No random air traffic.

Both versions include a "Non-smoked targets" variation where the JTAC will not smoke designated targets.

Additionally, all versions of TTI include:

"ZEUS" MAP MARKER SPAWNS AND COMMANDS:

You can CREATE and DESTROY units out of thin air at ANY location you choose on the F10 map, like in "Zeus" mode from ArmA 3. (Details in the briefing and forum post on how to use these commands)

-Spawn in enemy aircraft of your choosing and at the location you desire for practice. (Spawning list is in the briefing/readme)

-Spawn in a JTAC for your friend to control (via combined arms)

-Spawn in an Abrams tank for your friend or for your self to control (via combined arms)

zeus_example.gif

Edited by deadlyfishes

"Through The Inferno"

Is the carrier group not supposed to shoot at incoming fighters?

Hey there, check this post, and the updates

New update everyone! I've added way more units to the spawnable list, which should make things more interesting now.

You can find the full list in the first post as well as in the game briefing and readme files.

Also, the mini gif tutorial has been updated:

zeus_example.gif

UPDATE 12/16/2018 B:

- Added many more spawnable units to zeus spawnable list, including armor groups as well as allied bluefor units.

- Stennis Carrier will now shoot at enemy planes.

- Changed smoke colors. Smoke colors specified in briefing/readme.

"Through The Inferno"

Hi deadlyfish zues does not work on (Standard) (Georgian Coast) v1.26 (No Smoked Targets).miz and Through The Inferno (Standard) (Georgian Coast) v1.26.miz is auto starting missions.

Thanks, fixed the issue:

UPDATE 12/16/2018 C:

- Hotfix (v1.26a) for issues where STANDARD version was auto-spawning missions and ZEUS triggers/commands were not working in some of the STANDARD versions.

"Through The Inferno"

Hey there, check this post, and the updates

New update everyone! I've added way more units to the spawnable list, which should make things more interesting now.

You can find the full list in the first post as well as in the game briefing and readme files.

Also, the mini gif tutorial has been updated:

zeus_example.gif

UPDATE 12/16/2018 B:

- Added many more spawnable units to zeus spawnable list, including armor groups as well as allied bluefor units.

- Stennis Carrier will now shoot at enemy planes.

- Changed smoke colors. Smoke colors specified in briefing/readme.

Oh that‘s great! Guess I downloaded the old version. Thank you.

@deadlyfishes

I wonder if there is a possibility to get the 1.5 version, if you still have it?

I still consider DCS 1.5.7 my main install even if I have 2.5.3 OB. I run all campaigns and serious missions on 1.5.7 and would like to do it with this one too. Since DCS 1.5 isn't supported any longer, I don't expect the 1.5 version of this mission to be either.

In the old 1.5 tread it is also mentioned the version "Northern Region". Is that another one or just another name for the same thing?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

OK, noob question. So to update it do I reinstall it all or just overwrite some files, OR does it just update itself?

sorry, still learning the update process, seems to be different on everything.

Hello there!

You can keep the old versions of this mission if you want, there really is no reason to though.

You can keep your DCS updated by following this thread here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

@deadlyfishes

I wonder if there is a possibility to get the 1.5 version, if you still have it?

I still consider DCS 1.5.7 my main install even if I have 2.5.3 OB. I run all campaigns and serious missions on 1.5.7 and would like to do it with this one too. Since DCS 1.5 isn't supported any longer, I don't expect the 1.5 version of this mission to be either.

In the old 1.5 tread it is also mentioned the version "Northern Region". Is that another one or just another name for the same thing?

The older versions are obsolete, and very taxing on cpu resources. However, I may still have them on my machine if you're interested, just know I'm not actively supporting them. They may be riddled with bugs and not so well optimized as this latest version. PM me on discord if you'd like to get in better touch with me.

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 12/17/2018: v1.18

- Added option in F10 Other Menu to request backup friendly AI CAP Reinforcements; F-15C, F-16A, F/A-18C (Takes off from carrier on maps with sea/ocean where applicable)

aicap_sp_example.gif

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 12/17/2018: v1.18

- Added option in F10 Other Menu to request backup friendly AI CAP Reinforcements; F-15C, F-16A, F/A-18C (Takes off from carrier on maps with sea/ocean where applicable)

aicap_sp_example.gif

Now that is cool! thanks man! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

The older versions are obsolete, and very taxing on cpu resources. However, I may still have them on my machine if you're interested, just know I'm not actively supporting them. They may be riddled with bugs and not so well optimized as this latest version.

Perfectly understand, I'm not going to bug you about bugs, just take them as they are, hopefully my machine can handle them.

PM me on discord if you'd like to get in better touch with me.

Well, I've heard about discord before, newer understood what it is. Created an account a few minutes ago. It was freaking me out! No idé what I was doing or how things work! But finally realized it's some kind of chatting environment. No thanks, not for me. Deleted my account. Call me old-fashioned...

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Quick question:

I'd like to edit player aircraft modex numbers (I don't like 010 for every single jet) and liveries, as well as static objects on carriers. Would these edits cause any problems with scripting?

There shouldn't be.

Let me know if there is. Use the unlocked liveries mod from my site here to use any livery you want with any aircraft:

https://throughtheinferno.com/mods/

"Through The Inferno"

I'm sorry if this is already explained somewhere.

I want to make a private co-op server to fly the huey with my buddy,

but the new huey spawn i've inserted in the mission cannot use CTLD.

Anyway to fix this or is this intended?

edit: never mind it suddenly started working :)

Edited by kurtz667
Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

There shouldn't be.

Let me know if there is. Use the unlocked liveries mod from my site here to use any livery you want with any aircraft:

https://throughtheinferno.com/mods/

Switching the liveries and modex numbers worked a treat :)

I did notice, however, the debrief doesn't appear to score any hits/kills. It only shows my aircraft's actions. Is this normal?

Switching the liveries and modex numbers worked a treat :)

I did notice, however, the debrief doesn't appear to score any hits/kills. It only shows my aircraft's actions. Is this normal?

I noticed that too, thats unfortunate as logbook of pilots dont update kills..is there a workaround/fix?

anyway let me thx you for all the great work relating this mod!!!