Carrier Script Test

For completeness sake, the C-130 worked very well. Spawned fine. Flew it's waypoint and went back to base to land.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Yes, what the script does when it's time to rtb is create a waypoint at the carrier and set it to the landing type. The AI will then find the nearest airbase it can land at that meets 2 criteria. 1) support the aircraft 2)friendly/nuetral coalition.

So you're c130 won't attempt to land on a carrier, but you can't control where it will land.

Edited by Wrench

Thank you much, Wrench. Trying it out now. I was planning on trying to incorporate Alerax's LSO script eventually. I'm not sure if there were any plans for collaboration by you two in the near future.

I think I'm messing something up with the spawns. There was an S-3 on the LHA, so I moved that back to the Stennis. The fighters kept respawning after I toggled the option to destroy them. So they'd spawn, fly 5 seconds, then explode.

I think I see how the triggers are doing everything with regards to the spawns, so I'm going to try and move some of those functions to MOOSE scripting; however, I don't know what the functionality of the tankers is. Are they supposed to adjust their routes based on the carrier route (e.g., if carrier steams 30 nmi to the north, they will fly with it 30 nmi to the north)? I think there's a good way to do the helicopters with MOOSE as well - was going to take a crack at that this week.

Edited by Dino Might

Due to the nature of this script and it's ever-updating status, and how often I get questions on it, I've decided to pull the trigger on something I've had in mind for a while.

I've created a Discord channel called "Wrench' Nuts & Bolts" to help guys out who post those "any experienced pilots" type of posts, as I'm always happy to help.

To the point of this script, I've added a channel there for carrier script related conversation/questions.

See you there!

https://discord.gg/czgYQa2

Uploaded script is only 1.0.1
You can unpack the newest script from the mission

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Wrench, I've searched and can't find any mention of this so I will ask it here even though I know you must have been asked a dozen times already -

Any chance we could incorporate an LSO script with this?

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

So i put this into a test missions and I am having issues.

I followed the latest video instructions and set everything up the same way. The tanker works fine but the Carrier just comes to a complete stop and does nothing.

I used Dynamic Weather initially then made a weather profile with wind from a random direction. The CV still does nothing.

What am I missing?

EDIT: I got the CV to turn toward the wind, then it comes to a complete stop. After changing the wind speed and direction and loading back in the CV does nothing again.

EDIT 2: I had other scripts that were interfering. This has been Solved.

EDIT 3: I am now running into a problem where the CV will return to its starting location and then stop in its tracks and no longer move.

Edited by Strikeeagle345

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Wrench, I've been using your excellent script in a very simple test mission with a carrier group and one SB-3. Once in the air, it's supposed to orbit close to the CVN at 6K feet but for the life of me, I just can't make fly higher than 1500 feet. Could you please have a look at my attached mission file and tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks a lot

Judy

Rabbit test carrier wind.miz

Edited by Judy1301
Mission file attached

Different problem here, can't get TACAN to turn on.

trying to mash this script into through the Infero which is working fine barr two issues.

*Solved*

Firstly the TACAN, I changed it to be a trigger as described but simply can't get it to turn on.

*Solved*

Secondly, probably nothing to do with this script but thought I'd try my luck anyhow, the F10 menu loses everything except for JTAC target reports for everyone except the host. I think this is TTI related as it does that whenever I add a new ship so no worries about this but if anyone might be able to help it would be appreciated.

edit: Fixed the first problem, I hadn't set up the waypoint and trigger zone properly

Edited by Sadist_Cain