F/A-18C Hornet

BIGNEWY

I flew this mission this morning, and Im still smiling. Thank you for your work. I had a really great time flying fast and low level. Hit the target and then figuring out the best way to exit the danger zone. Many contrails in the air for Blue and Red forces engaging. Ground stuff too.

I played conservative regarding fuel, and landed with about 5000 pounds left. Not bad considering I hit the push time, was doing +420 knots for the low level flying and didn´t refuel.

Oddly enough, one of the Hornet which took off before myseld, simply crashed into the mountains circa WP2, I think the aircraft didn´t even enter Sally Corridor. It was turning right after FLEX point, if Im not mistaken.

Loved it, thank for this amazing effort.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Awesome, I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

Sometimes I find the AI wingmen just fly into the hills... I think it's being worked on.

I flew this mission this morning, and Im still smiling. Thank you for your work. I had a really great time flying fast and low level. Hit the target and then figuring out the best way to exit the danger zone. Many contrails in the air for Blue and Red forces engaging. Ground stuff too.

I played conservative regarding fuel, and landed with about 5000 pounds left. Not bad considering I hit the push time, was doing +420 knots for the low level flying and didn´t refuel.

Oddly enough, one of the Hornet which took off before myseld, simply crashed into the mountains circa WP2, I think the aircraft didn´t even enter Sally Corridor. It was turning right after FLEX point, if Im not mistaken.

Loved it, thank for this amazing effort.

Awesome, I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

Sometimes I find the AI wingmen just fly into the hills... I think it's being worked on.

Great mission Sedlo:thumbup: nice blend of IRL and acted comms, really puts you in there. I have been playing around with IRL comms myself to see what works.

Did you originally have it setup for the afternoon at 16:45? In mission it's 8:45 in the morning.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! It's set to go at 1645 Zulu, 0845 local.

Great mission Sedlo:thumbup: nice blend of IRL and acted comms, really puts you in there. I have been playing around with IRL comms myself to see what works.

Did you originally have it setup for the afternoon at 16:45? In mission it's 8:45 in the morning.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! It's set to go at 1645 Zulu, 0845 local.

Of course, silly me, military time....:D

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• 2 weeks later...

My first Hornet Mission (Persian Golf)

Please find in attachment my first SP mission with added voice to animate the scenario.

Main goal is to destroy a SAM site near Khasab Airport (Oman) and destroy an Insurgent HQ.

PS : This a fictional scenario where Khasab is been occupied by insurgents backed with a Pro Iranian Army brigade.

I have some few other scenarios I'm working on so any feedback is most welcome.

Enjoy your flight :pilotfly:

Op_Oman_1_1.miz

Please find in attachment my first SP mission with added voice to animate the scenario.

Main goal is to destroy a SAM site near Khasab Airport (Oman) and destroy an Insurgent HQ.

PS : This a fictional scenario where Khasab is been occupied by insurgents backed with a Pro Iranian Army brigade.

I have some few other scenarios I'm working on so any feedback is most welcome.

Enjoy your flight :pilotfly:

Good mission, I enjoyed it.

Only issue I had was when I was lined up in the groove after the pattern break and configure, the carrier and support vessels did a hard 90 degree right turn! haha

Looks like they were avoiding a tanker ship sitting in their path.

I had to do a go around and wait for the carrier to settle on a straight course.

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

HAVE LEVER - F/A-18 vs MiG-29 Evaluation by SEDLO

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301632/

Welcome to HAVE LEVER, a special project undertaken by the US Air Force Foreign Technology Division. The scope of this project is to evaluate the MiG-29 aircraft’s performance against today’s front line US combat aircraft.

Our goal is to learn the capabilities and characteristics of the MiG-29 in order to develop effective tactics to counter it. In today’s mission you will be flying the F/A-18 against the MiG-29 in three simulated engagements.

Today’s hop will be a series of three, 1v1 engagements between the F-18 and MiG-29 northwest of HOMEPLATE. These will be close in engagements, using simulated heat seeking missiles only.

The mission starts holding short of runway 32 with the engines on. Colt 11 (MiG-29) will lead the section and depart runway 32, turning northwest towards IP BRAVO (Wheelbarrow Peak, 302/19 off HOMEPLATE TACAN 18x) and drop off Colt 12 (F-18) to orbit there. Colt 11 (MiG-29) will continue East towards IP Alpha (south of Quartzite Mountain).

When both aircraft are overhead their respective REGENERATE points, the fight will be on.

The REGENERATE points for today’s engagements will be marked with RED SMOKE (IP ALPHA) and BLUE SMOKE (IP BRAVO). THE OPPOSING AICRAFT WILL ONLY SPAWN WHEN YOU ARE OVERHEAD IP BRAVO!

After the three engagements, join up and return to HOMEPLATE in formation.

BINGO fuel is 2400lbs.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

1. This is a simulated training mission. As such, your weapons will be set to unlimited to effectively simulate carrying captive AIM-9s. If you destroy the bandit, head to the regenerate point at BRAVO (blue smoke) to spawn the next engagement.

2. It is important to join up in formation with the other aircraft immediately after take-off and if/when called upon by your flight lead. This will increase the level of immersion and is important to the scripting of the mission. BE AWARE THAT THE FLIGHT LEAD WILL TAXI ABOUT 40 SECONDS AFTER MISSION START. BE READY TO FOLLOW RIGHT AWAY, AS THE AI IS VERY QUICK AT THE TAXI/TAKEOFF!

3. As you are the #2 in the formation, you will not have to make air traffic control calls. This is simulated with the mission scripting. But also do not just follow blindly, pay attention to your surroundings and be situationally aware.

4. If required, you are cleared to jettison the fuel tank anywhere west of IP BRAVO.

A successful mission will require you to:

1. Survive the 3 engagments.

2. Fly formation within 500ft of your flight lead.

3. Be situationally aware and make sound descisions.

4. Land safely back at HOMEPLATE (at least slow it below 40 kts).

And lastly have fun! If you enjoyed the mission, or found something that can be improved, please let me now through the DCS Forums!

HAVELEVER.thumb.jpg.4a5b784cef5c35ac3e39eee0c662eb72.jpg

small_flightplan.thumb.jpg.aec5c4b89179a4c2de90b297cf61a671.jpg

Edited by Sedlo

Today’s hop will be a series of three, 1v1 engagements between the F-15 and MiG-29 northwest of HOMEPLATE. These will be close in engagements, using simulated heat seeking missiles only.

Can't wait to give this a fly tonight.

Just a small heads up, the above has small typo, F-15.

Once again, thanks for all your hard work. Do you ever have time to fly or are you in the ME all time making fun things for the rest of us. :thumbup:

Thanks! I corrected the mistake!

This mission was originally written for the F-5E vs MiG-21, but I've updated the flyable aircraft with various modules. The voice overs were all text-speech (just about), so it's not my most creative work, but it is pretty fun (I think).

Hope you like it!

Can't wait to give this a fly tonight.

Just a small heads up, the above has small typo, F-15.

Once again, thanks for all your hard work. Do you ever have time to fly or are you in the ME all time making fun things for the rest of us. :thumbup:

Thanks! I corrected the mistake!

This mission was originally written for the F-5E vs MiG-21, but I've updated the flyable aircraft with various modules. The voice overs were all text-speech (just about), so it's not my most creative work, but it is pretty fun (I think).

Hope you like it!

After I orbit IP BRAVO as lead told me.Nothing happened.I'm orbiting and orbiting.Did i do something wrong?

Stennis Combat CAP

New F/A-18C mission:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301677/

You will fly a 30 minute protective CAP for Stennis Carrier Strike Group off the coast of Georgia. RAR file includes fair weather and foul weather versions. Russian adversaries may threaten at any time from any direction. F-14A alert 5 group will be available by F10 menu item IF multiple bandit groups threaten. Numerous random factors should make reflying the mission an enjoyable experience. Developed as single player, but easily converted to 2-4 clients. Enjoy

SnakeyeValley1.jpg

Short multi-role mission where you can practice carrier operations, low level bombing, valley flying and short range Air to Air combat.

Download: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301671/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2800 MHz overclocked @ 3400 MHz

A-DATA Extreme DDR2 800 MHz 6 GB

GIGABYTE nVidia GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB, overclocked 650/1600/950 MHz

Windows 7 x64

F18 ACM Training missions NTTR

Inspired by the F5 ACM campaign training missions I've made several of them to improve my ACM skills.

Same rules:

- Call when ready ( F10 menu )

- Hard deck limit ( 100 ft AGL )

- No fly over Groom Lake AFB air space ( Container )

Radio:

- Colt 1 and AWACS 251 AM ( COMM 1 Channel 1 )

- Guard ( COMM 2 Channel 1 )

Guard is fictional with 30 min real Red Flag chat just for immersion.

Please contact me if you find bugs.

Download: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301819/

• 3 weeks later...
SnakeyeValley1.jpg

Short multi-role mission where you can practice carrier operations, low level bombing, valley flying and short range Air to Air combat.

Download: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301671/

This one is tricky, I love it :thumbup:

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 2 weeks later...

F/A-18C CAS Arrow

I converted a pretty cool multiplayer mission originally published by fpullanojr to single player and added some stuff. Scenario:

US army forces are defending a small island outpost guarding a critical bridge-head near the FLOT. They are in contact with hostile groups of light armored units west of their position, across the river. The grunts have taken casualties and require immediate extraction. Two UH-1 helos are inbound from the east (call signs Waldo and Pigpen) and will land to extract the besieged troops after LZ is safe. Hueys will transport troops to a FARP located northeast at Burning Lake.

Download from User Files:https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301977/

Now the original posting has a bug in the helo extraction. Fixed .miz and revised data card available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3wtj4cu5xiqqq36/AABR2j5YNNDNbnNtNPEulB47a?dl=0

Edited by Habu_69

I converted a pretty cool multiplayer mission originally published by fpullanojr to single player and added some stuff. Scenario:

US army forces are defending a small island outpost guarding a critical bridge-head near the FLOT. They are in contact with hostile groups of light armored units west of their position, across the river. The grunts have taken casualties and require immediate extraction. Two UH-1 helos are inbound from the east (call signs Waldo and Pigpen) and will land to extract the besieged troops after LZ is safe. Hueys will transport troops to a FARP located northeast at Burning Lake.

Download from User Files:https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301977/

Now the original posting has a bug in the helo extraction. Fixed .miz and revised data card available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3wtj4cu5xiqqq36/AABR2j5YNNDNbnNtNPEulB47a?dl=0

It said I need USS spruance MOD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Operation Neighbourhood Watch

A four-mission "story" for the F/A-18C in the Caucasus

Just place the .miz files in your mission folder and play them in order ONW_M1 to ONW_M4.

These four missions might be nice for the "beginner" Hornet-driver (just like myself). You can expect limited enemy SAM activity, enemy aircraft that more or less match the F/A-18C's current A/A capability (limited range), loadouts can be changed as desired and no addons required.

I do however advise using the open beta version of DCS World, as I used JTAC - MAV combination for one of the missions. It will also work for non-beta users, but you might want to change loadout on that particular mission. Also the campaign facilitates trying out the new FPAS page and the use of JHMCS and aim-9x.

The missions contain: close formation flying, regular ground attack, JTAC ground attack, aerial refueling if required/desired and A/A combat.

I highly recommend not using external views (F2), to increase immersion and avoid "spoilers". Also there are lots of friendlies in the sky so be careful what you engage. IFF is still very much WIP so there's a good reason to first visually identify your target (which is a neat opportunity to play with JHMCS! :) )

feel free to edit and/or redistribute it

(edit: changed from campaign into single missions)

ONW_M1.miz

ONW_M2.miz

ONW_M3.miz

ONW_M4.miz

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Operation Neighbourhood Watch

A four-mission mini campaign for the F/A-18C in the Caucasus

This campaign might be nice for the "beginner" Hornet-driver (just like myself). You can expect limited enemy SAM activity, enemy aircraft that more or less match the F/A-18C's current A/A capability (limited range), loadouts can be changed as desired and no addons required.

I do however advise using the open beta version of DCS World, as I used JTAC - MAV combination for one of the missions. It will also work for non-beta users, but you might want to change loadout on that particular mission. Also the campaign facilitates trying out the new FPAS page and the use of JHMCS and aim-9x.

The missions contain: close formation flying, regular ground attack, JTAC ground attack, aerial refueling if required/desired and A/A combat.

I tested it myself (in VR) and it all seems to be working fine, but please inform me if you encounter any problems or horrible typing errors

Thank you! I will try it today.