Great to see a Bonus system overhaul.

Cowboy10uk

Hi guys, I have to say I’m very happy to read in today’s newsletter that the bonus system is being overhauled. Sadly the current one is rather difficult to use with many of us having large amount of bonus points sat on our account that we cannot use as we already have all the products.

I myself have $68 valid until 2020, although I was able to use $15 on the new mig last week which was a nice surprise.

Am I right in my understanding of this, that when the new program goes live however, any remaining bonus points WILL NOT be transferred over to this new system and we will all start with a clean slate, regardless of the current expiration date on our account?

Or will you show loyalty to your customers and transfer whatever amount of bonus points they currently have across to the new miles system, so the fact that people were loyal before the new system do not miss out on the changeover?

I’m not complaining either way, but figured I would ask the question now, as it isn’t completly clear on the newsletter, and I’m guessing many may wonder about the same thing.

Eagle Dynamics Loyalty Program

Following a lengthy client satisfaction review of our existing Bonus Program, we are delighted to announce the new DCS World Loyalty Program. This will replace the Bonus Program and will provide a simpler way to earn rewards and more freedom to use them!

ED Miles are similar in many ways to airline miles and can be earned/awarded and used as follows:

Regardless if a product has just been released, is already on sale or in pre-purchase, you will always earn ED Miles on the price you paid for the purchase. For each purchase, you will earn 10% of the Purchase Price in ED Miles. As an example: if you purchase something for USD 29.99 you will be awarded 2990 ED Miles worth USD 2.99 on the DCS World e-Shop.

You can use ED Miles to purchase any product participating in the program, regardless if they are just released, already on sale, or as a pre-purchase!

There is no limit on the number of ED Miles you can use for a purchase. If you have enough ED Miles, you can even pay for an entire product just using ED Miles.

ED Miles earned are valid for three calendar years from the time of your last DCS World e-Shop purchase.

Existing Bonus points will expire in 2019 on a date to be confirmed.

Note that ED Miles cannot be redeemed for cash or any other conversion, and a list of 3rd parties participating in the program will be provided at launch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I am wondering this myself...If the current bonus point system is so unsatisfactory, then its a natural assumption that the monetary value that we have now is transferred over. Or else its just the same thing isn't??? If I have 30 dollars worth of bonus...then I should now be able to spend 30 dollars of bonus...period.

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

i'm also curious, but the fact that ed didn't mention it makes me think, that they will just expire on a specific date....

Unfortunately they did mention it. Where it says current bonus $ will expire on a certain date in 2019. That seems to imply they won’t transfer over.

I for one am happy they are changing the system. I have been collecting bonus points since they started it and have used exactly 0 so far as everything I buy is either new, or on sale. If only they would transfer over old purchases to the new system. So 10% of what I’ve spent during the bonus program minus any bonus I’ve already spent (which like I said is exactly 0)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I3570K @ 4.5Ghz, 16Gb DDR3 @ 1600, GTX770 @1080p

Bye bye to me 110$ bonus, thank ED.

Edited by ivo

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

they need to clarify exactly where we stand with our current bonus

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

ED we need a conversion of our current bonus. Given that comes from past patronage it is only fair.

I hate to bring it up but I already took it in the pants on the Hawk, lets see you provide me with proof you want me to continue to support your products.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I have to agree with above comments that current points should carry over. Some of us have supported ED for quite some time, and have racked up quite a few bonus points. I used $15 just last week with the purchase of the MiG-19, and I still have plenty more. To just wipe the slate clean of those who have supported ED for so long is highly unfair.

If you're not going to carry the points over, what incentive do I have to purchase anything between now and when this new loyalty program goes into effect (since it doesn't clearly state when this new program starts).

I have to agree. We need to see our current points carried over to the new system.

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

The overhawl of the bonus system is outstanding news! Especially because it addresses the very problems I and many others of the most loyal DCS customers had with the current system:

Yes, the bonus point system is indeed pretty bad, especially for true fans that always buy modules as soon as they are available in pre-sale. I have collected 65$ of bonus points over time and I've almost never been given the opportunity to spend them. To do so I would have to wait until modules are out of pre-sale which would keep me from playing them during Early Access sad.gif

I'm glad ED recognized this and addressed this now! Thanks a lot! :thumbup:

Now the cherry on the cake would be if we could transfer our bonus points into ED Miles, pretty please :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The old system gave you 20% of each purchase that qualified, the new gives 10% but has less restrictions, so I think it would make most sense to have a 1:2 conversion ratio (10$ of old bonus become 5$ in the new system, or 500 ED miles).

But the newsletter is quite clear that the old bonus points will simply expire. Well, maybe there will be a sale before that.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

i really want to chime in here too.. i love seeing the new program, but i feel very... unhappy ... that i will loose my $60 or so in bonus points (as i already own pretty much every module)

My support in purchasing all of these modules, most of which i rarely use but like to support the development team when i can...

i could be a lot more colorful on how i feel, but i will keep that to myself and keep this thread polite...

i reallly want to support the request for SOME sort of conversion

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

When I first read the news, I thought: "Who the hell is Ed Miles? New programmer?"

:D

Ha! (Me too). ;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Exacrly. I was thinking this too. The new bonus system is not consumerfriendly in relation to the old. The losses for consumer is in my calculations the half of the old one. So more thinking in the future then pre-purchase it right away in history. In my opinion not a good move for the ones who pays, especially with the growing prizes for modules. The future will tell.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Yes points should carry over. Think about it, people who purchase your products are the bread and butter of your whole operation and are also why you guys get paid for your products so why pull the rug out from under your customers? (your most valuable asset) only to shy future purchaser's away from your products as in breaking a sort of trust between your company and your customer? This is not good business. I mean i myself just looked at my purchases in my history and I have over $500 in purchased software but about 1/3rd of that was just in the last 7 to 10 days.

Edited by deepdiver8055

Repaints I've created (screens only)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums

I like the new program, it's rules are clear and will work nicely. Fortunately I have spend all my bonus on gifts for others.

I do agree that for loyal customers like the previous posters a conversion should be considered. 50% of the current bonus value seems fair and will do justice to their past (and future) support. Until I gave away some of my bonus I was in the same position. By always buying modules as soon as they were available you basically never get the chance to redeem the bonus you are acquiring.

When I first read the news, I thought: "Who the hell is Ed Miles? New programmer?"

:D

:megalol:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I just assumed that the really loyal customers who had purchased every EA release to date and could never spend their bonus were going to be let down by the new system. I'm not really complaining, because the new system addresses this problem, but the irony is, the original system's accrued points from ten years of spending now just "disappears" without ever being used.

The issue with it of course was that you could only spend it on non reduced modules, and if you bought everything EA you don't get to spend it.

Still, bit stupid to complain about the fix for this, and to ask for more at the same time seems selfish, but it would be nice to have all the loyalty at least rewarded, rather than wiping the slate clean.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Why is everybody moaning that they are losing something? You gain Bonus Points (or ED Miles, if you will) for free after you purchase something. You get a reward. For free. For being a customer. For a discount on your next purchase. For free. See what I am trying to say?

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

On the basis of this, please accept the entire current total of my FREE bonus points to use.

Let me know what you want me to gift you.

Why is everybody moaning that they are losing something? You gain Bonus Points (or ED Miles, if you will) for free after you purchase something. You get a reward. For free. For being a customer. For a discount on your next purchase. For free. See what I am trying to say?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I'm not sure what you don't understand.

A lot of us have been buying ED products for many years and have various amounts in bonus bucks at this point. ED suggest that will simply dissapear meaning our loyalty bounus will simply be gone. Sure go forward we would gain the same as anyone but it seems disingenuous to people here that we simply loose those bonus dollars.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Dear ED,

I like the direction of the new bonus system being less restrictive as I did not have many opportunities to spend my previous points. It would be disappointing to lose those though and I think a conversion of $1 in the new system for every $2 we have in the old would be fair and a nice gesture. Otherwise it will be unlikely I have the chance to spend my current 12 dollars.