JUST DOGFIGHT server thread

Flighter

Anyone else getting ridiculously bad FPS only on this server? (previously to todays patch at least)? Specifically on a merge in the 1v1 area, it will freeze for a split second right when the other guy passes me, and then also randomly would go down to like unplayably bad 15-25fps. Never seen such bad performance in DCS.
I found it a bit laggy from time to time Today and a couple of times I got disconnected back to the role choosing screen but in general it was fine.

Too much friendly fire going on this evening. I got splashed several times by people on my own side and saw a number of pilots getting warnings for splashing people the same colour as them.

Dont know if there were a lot of newbies on Tonight or what?!

Self-destruct mode?

Anyone know why some jets on the server explode when the pilot ejects? I have seen this several times. The planes flying along, no one shooting at it, no damage or smoke, pilot ejects, and BOOM!

Makes me think I'm missing something.

Too much friendly fire going on this evening. I got splashed several times by people on my own side and saw a number of pilots getting warnings for splashing people the same colour as them.

Dont know if there were a lot of newbies on Tonight or what?!

I think there's also some bug with DCS/the server/scripting that shows a lot of bad info, like team killing, for example.

There are lots of times when I'm credited with kills....but I'm a spectator.

There are times when I have "shot down" friendlies....but I'm a spectator.

There are times when I have "shot down" a friendly in the missile area....but I'm in 1v1.

Happens a lot. I also see others listed as the one who just shot down the guy that I did. What really sucks is getting kicked by the guy who got shot down. All he sees is that "so-and-so shot you down," but he don't look (shouldn't have to, stupid glitch) at what area the guy is in. I've been kicked for a team kill when I wasn't even in the same area, let alone didn't even shoot the guy.

Hope that mess gets sorted out. :doh:

Edit: You are right though that there are times when I've had friendlies gun me down. Must be blind, or just don't have labels on (a must for this server). But 90% of the time I see the above problems and suspect that may be what you're seeing as well.

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The WW2 section is seeing some serious bashing for the first time in ages. Im very thankful the dev put that in.

On the negative side, I really wish jets would stop gatecrashing the party. Unless they promise not to use afterburner so I can go all The Final Countdown on them.

Hi guys, I really love the instant ACM action on your server. I had recently upgraded from stable to open beta so I'm now connecting to the OB server.

I used to be able to watch back my flights on Tacview with the stable version server. However on the OB version server, all I get is a 1kb file that tacview can't open. Is that deliberate, or a bug?

Cheers

Hi,

I received a couple of team kill warnings, but I am 100% sure that I did not!

One team kill was even before I even shot anybody down! In all other cases I checked and double-checked and am certain that I got my "blues" and "reds" straight, have labels on, etc. etc.

What gives?

Hi guys, I really love the instant ACM action on your server. I had recently upgraded from stable to open beta so I'm now connecting to the OB server.

I used to be able to watch back my flights on Tacview with the stable version server. However on the OB version server, all I get is a 1kb file that tacview can't open. Is that deliberate, or a bug?

Cheers

Dave,

Have U tried uninstalling TACview and then reinstalling it?

Blue Skies always!

Rattler21

Hi,

I received a couple of team kill warnings, but I am 100% sure that I did not!

One team kill was even before I even shot anybody down! In all other cases I checked and double-checked and am certain that I got my "blues" and "reds" straight, have labels on, etc. etc.

What gives?

Read my last post (few posts back).

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Right, guys

Having a great time on the jdf multi the last few days!

Due to Corona situation, we see a lot of players constantly logged in, quite a blast!

I m fully proficient with the hornet and enjoy every aspect of it's ACM abilities and I have no issue with IFF and target I'd...

But,

2 weeks ago, I got myself the Tomcat as a present.

It's an amazing machine, really BUT a loooot harder to get your SA right. And Jester is sometimes creating more confusion in the great furballs we see there.

If I lock a friendelly, he usually tels me when we are a bit further but in close, iff is good to nothing...

I m still learning it..

SO, to make it short,

MY APOLOGIES FOR THE FRIENDLY KILLS!

Got me kicked out of the room all right but still, sorry. Hope to come back soon

BR

Vixe

Haaa it was you, I received some of your aim9s, got me angry but quickly understood it was an iff problem..

Its fine :thumbup:

R5 5600x @ 4.6Ghz | B550 Gigabyte Aorus Pro | beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | 64GB Team DARK Zα @3600Mhz |  Samsung nmve 1TB | RTX 4070ti MSI | DELANCLiP HT | Oculus Quest 2

Get my skins & missions >>   Check my DCS Awesome List >>

Is the server currently down? It's not reachable from Germany. It seems to happen everytime an update rolls out. Or does it have something to do that I instantly do the update on my PC but should not , or wait until the server does?
It wasn't listed in the server list this afternoon either.

Is the server currently down? It's not reachable from Germany. It seems to happen everytime an update rolls out. Or does it have something to do that I instantly do the update on my PC but should not , or wait until the server does?

It seems to happen after every update.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I make a suggestion to the JDGF Admin, or mission creator. Why can't we get rid of the red AI Mig 29 spawning in the North East? It is pretty unfair, when there is just few people in missile area, and especially unfair if there is just one blue and one red. When you're blue and fightig at the ridge of the mountains close to red base against a red fighter, all of a sudden the AI Mig appears and shoots you down. Is there reason why we have that Mig threre? Apart from that. Thanks for the great server. I spend 90 % of my DCS time on it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=235115

Hi all !

Having some free time at hand, we started shaping up our web site :

justdogfight.com

The intention is to have more functionality than content. As of now we have an operational Connected players page.

We also have some streaming activity on twitch (also available through our site).

There is a lot of potential and as many ideas; time permitting, we will implement some :)

Stay tuned, keep smiling !

Flighter

JDF-Banner-1k.thumb.png.cd85d8beb3907fb0e588380498f30f9e.png

Edited by Flighter

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

attachment.php?attachmentid=235115

Hi all !

Having some free time at hand, we started shaping up our web site :

justdogfight.com

The intention is to have more functionality than content. As of now we have an operational Connected players page.

We also have some streaming activity on twitch (also available through our site).

There is a lot of potential and as many ideas; time permitting, we will implement some :)

Stay tuned, keep smiling !

Flighter

Cool, and congrats!

I clicked the "Register" tab, put in all my info, and then as I was clicking "submit" my eyes left the data fields and saw the "Not operational yet" message, lol. I was a little too quick there. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey there CL !

Thanks for your immediate interest.

There is a "not operational yet" message because we are preparing a special treat for our members. This will take a few days to develop.

Keep an eye on the site and this thread :)

Always nice to see you around !

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hey there CL !

Thanks for your immediate interest.

There is a "not operational yet" message because we are preparing a special treat for our members. This will take a few days to develop.

Keep an eye on the site and this thread :)

Always nice to see you around !

No worries, thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello folks,

any reason why padlocking isn't allowed on this server? Without TrackIR and just a damn coolie hat... how are dudes without a tracker suppose to dogfight and maintain SA?

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

Hello folks,

any reason why padlocking isn't allowed on this server? Without TrackIR and just a damn coolie hat... how are dudes without a tracker suppose to dogfight and maintain SA?

Even with VR, sometimes I lose sight. Lose sight, lose the fight for sure.

Padlocking would be, in my humble opinion, more of a cheat as you'll never lose sight. I don't think some of the off-brand "TrackIR-like" devices are that expensive. Definitely worth getting something!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello folks,

I'm using DIY Track clip 3d printed, wired with 3 leds. Buy PS3 Eye Camera, download OpenTrack then you should be good. It would only cost you around USD 30.

On topic, if you insist to use coolie hat, I know someone used to use coolie hat and still managed to became an ace in A2A combat. Its just a matter of practice and getting used to.

Good luck

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I have one as well now (DIY) but wondered why this is deactivated.

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

Hello folks,

I played like this for years, using a hat switch for view, but given a delanclip or trackhat is available for €40-50 or less DIY it really is a worthwhile upgrade. Padlock makes things a bit easy.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Hello folks,

Hey Cabal.

I think padlock is giving away too much. Half of the fun is trying to keep a mental picture of what is going on.

OTOH using the hat switch is a real pain.

There are great DIY projects if you do not want a ready made kit. But honestly for current pricing, it's not really worth making your own. Still, almost any webcam will do once you remove the IR filter and replace it with a bit of developed film that is dark. Tested and working with opentrack, see mine below.

For LEDs look for old remote controls, or even better an old "night vision" camera. They illuminate the area with IR LEDs. Or just fish some from e-bay.

attachment.php?attachmentid=235812&stc=1&d=1589548089

opentrackCam.thumb.jpg.d431340f587d1dbe80e30621df1753cf.jpg

Edited by Flighter

🙂 Smile 🙂