Homeworld remastered

Cyb0rg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know - I probably have a thing about Homeworld's music, however I find the soundtrack to the posted above trailer incredibly nonhomeworldish! It sounds like the kind of music you would expect to be in Battlefield or GTA - quick action paced games. But Homeworld is about SPACE! It (space) is enormous and mind staggering in it's colossal beauty. And it is deadly.

Homeworld is not just another click or die action based strategy. It is about a civilization that has lost it's homeworld and has a choice of traversing the tremendous abyss of space to find a new one... or perish trying. It is a tale of hope and desperation, a sole wrong decision can drive your species to extinction. It is about humanity and the world turned against it.

As a true fan of Homeworld and an amature astronomer I am very disappointed. Hopefully, the ingame soundtrack will be from the original game.

Edited by Gloom Demon

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

As a true fan of Homeworld and an amature astronomer I am very disappointed.

Don't.

I kinda like the trailer music :)

Anyway, they will keep the same soundtrack in game. They've managed to get the original recordings and it will have a better quality because it will not be compressed as 15 years ago.

Couldn't agree more with you. In fact i also like this RTS mainly because of the music,voices and storyline, (i am even reading the story again). Still,in the end it's a very nice 3D RTS and there's a lot of homeworld fans enjoying mostly the tactical side. The online aspect is all about strategic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asteroids

Update this

:D

They are testing me I see. All the positive signs and for trailer - the single song I hate to the bone. Well, maybe along with the MGMT piece, the one with vocal samples taken from violated baboons :D Both as overused as it gets.

But yeah, it's only for the trailer. Game of thrones guys often use rock songs for their trailers.

Edited by Bucic

Gonna play the S*&T out of this! Bought this morning before work, hopefuly it will ease the wait for EDGE ;)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• 9 months later...

Heads-up

1. The remastered version has some issues, i.e. critical bugs. You may start googling them using the "formations not working" querry.

2. Steam Community :: Guide :: Homeworld: Historical and Technical Briefing

This is a direct word-for-word transcription of the 115 page manual that

came with both Vanilla and the special "Game of the Year Edition" box

set of the original Homeworld. It is perhaps one of the most brilliant

and well thought out pieces of literature every devised in the realm of

Video Games! I've had this manual for well on sixteen years, and I've

still found it to be an enjoyable read.

This Lexicon contains the following portions:

Part I: Historical + Technical Briefing

Part II: Clan Histories

Part III: Game Controls

Part IV: Ship Data

Part V: Technologies

http://i.imgur.com/K0EyBsP.jpg

• 3 years later...

Another heads-up.

Do you remember that Cataclysm was not included in the remastered collection? Cataclysm is considered by many as the best in the Homeworld series. Well...

Homeworld: Emergence was originally released as "Homeworld: Cataclysm". "Cataclysm" is now a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., and the game has been renamed to avoid confusion. Other than the subtitle change, the game is identical to the game released in 2000.

https://www.gog.com/game/homeworld_emergence

Edited by Bucic