Mission 2 (search and rescue, Mi-8)

Hello guys,

what am I supposed to do after finding the ghost ship (all I found was smoke on the water surface) ?

I got very frustrated today after actually properly doing the first 2 legs tracking NDB outbound from gelendzik (not sure if magnetic variation or coastal refraction exists in dcs) and using the Doppler to correct for wind.

I first started picking up random emergency vhf signals on 121.5 on the arc-ud which got me off the course 2 times and then after actually seeing the red flare and picking up the proper signal the voices of my copilot and the SAR operation organizer girl overlapped and I didn't know what to do from there.

there was no boat and no raft, the only thing I found was red smoke on top of the sea surface.

thanks for the help :thumbup:

• Like 1

Something must be wrong.

When i found the red flare, it turned out a broken cargo ship. I made a hover over it, after some radio chatters i turned back. Actually radio message told me to turn back to the ship but i didin't because i got bored i was flying more than an hour and it was my second attempt.

even though i didin't turn back to the ship, It said mission success

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Ok so after some trial by error I finally managed to properly finish the mission, and I have to say the plot itself is very nice but the trigger to get the ship to show up is a bit stupid!

so I stayed on the course and after crossing waypoint 5 I truned the arc-ud on and turned towards the ship which appeared this time.

so I hovered over it and dropped the radio, then got into contact with the captain which requested me to vacate some of his injured sailors, I wasnt allowed to do so as it was a cargo ship but then a random radio transmission comes in a says that it will arrive in 3 min, which was weird because there was no aircraft in the area according to the SAR unit.

and suddenly out of nowhere a russian Submarine surface the sea about 100m away from the ship and they tell me they will take charge and I can RTB.

• 1 year later...

Got the exact same issues as you NASA6, I don't understand why this hasn't been fixed yet. It's a cool mission but flying over an hour with not much happening only to have the mission being broken in the end is extremely frustrating. 

Edited by notproplayer3

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

23 часа назад, notproplayer3 сказал:

Got the exact same issues as you NASA6, I don't understand why this hasn't been fixed yet. It's a cool mission but flying over an hour with not much happening only to have the mission being broken in the end is extremely frustrating. 

The purpose of the mission is a long flight and search. That is why triggers are built in this order. You need to go up to 5 waypoints to activate the ship and the search radio signal. Sorry, this was my first campaign and my first experience. I am currently working on creating a remaster for this campaign

Edited by STONE SKY
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, STONE SKY said:

The purpose of the mission is a long flight and search. That is why triggers are built in this order. You need to go up to 5 waypoints to activate the ship and the search radio signal. Sorry, this was my first campaign and my first experience. I am currently working on creating a remaster for this campaign

No problem it's all good now. Though I would recommend linking the spawning of the ship and the activation of the signal (if I understand the issue correctly), I've got no problem with having things not spawn if not following the flight plan, but it just seems weird to have the signal and not the ship.

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

• 1 year later...

Same problem. Tried 3 times, somes hours wasted searching for a ghost. Passed through the 5th point and even the 6th and when I captured the signal, then the invisible ship was there...

No way to finish it.

I think is bad designed also because when you make the route first the tell me to go to the south East because the West one was done by other helicopter, but my first waypoints are in the west side. Then, there are some spikes of 121.500 that once I purchased them before ending any waypoint... and third there is a comment of one of the crew members that says more or less that we are in the search area of other helicopter so what we are doing there....

if we have to find the ship and you want us to fly some time before you want to spawn the ship, then I would make the spawn of the ship about time once we enter the search area. But Spawn things are sometimes bad idea because maybe we are flying near the ship and suddently it appears. I would make it appear since the beggining of the mission, so if we are lucky to find it before you wanted, then ok. It is with very bad visibility and with VR is not confortable to be 2 hours flying in those conditions.

Would be nice to be fixed this mission to let us have a good experience. It has been a year since the last comment here....

Thanks.

30.12.2021 в 04:47, Japo32 сказал:

Same problem. Tried 3 times, somes hours wasted searching for a ghost. Passed through the 5th point and even the 6th and when I captured the signal, then the invisible ship was there...

No way to finish it.

I think is bad designed also because when you make the route first the tell me to go to the south East because the West one was done by other helicopter, but my first waypoints are in the west side. Then, there are some spikes of 121.500 that once I purchased them before ending any waypoint... and third there is a comment of one of the crew members that says more or less that we are in the search area of other helicopter so what we are doing there....

if we have to find the ship and you want us to fly some time before you want to spawn the ship, then I would make the spawn of the ship about time once we enter the search area. But Spawn things are sometimes bad idea because maybe we are flying near the ship and suddently it appears. I would make it appear since the beggining of the mission, so if we are lucky to find it before you wanted, then ok. It is with very bad visibility and with VR is not confortable to be 2 hours flying in those conditions.

Would be nice to be fixed this mission to let us have a good experience. It has been a year since the last comment here....

Thanks.

Yes, I agree. Forgive my persistence. I just wanted you to follow the route.
I'll fix it soon!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
20.06.2022 в 21:23, cw4ogden сказал:

Still Broken.  Tried two times same result.  Finally find signal but doesn't lead to a ship near as I can tell.  Followed until scripts said they popped red smoke but no smoke or ship to be seen.

Busy with new projects. I sincerely apologize! I'll fix it.
It's just that the Hero's Memory campaign needs a complete remastering, a new level of immersion and realism. That's why I'm so slow on this mission. I really don't like her and I want to do it all completely differently. Like all other missions

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, STONE SKY said:

Busy with new projects. I sincerely apologize! I'll fix it.
It's just that the Hero's Memory campaign needs a complete remastering, a new level of immersion and realism. That's why I'm so slow on this mission. I really don't like her and I want to do it all completely differently. Like all other missions

Sorry, wasn't intending to make you feel bad.  I really enjoyed the first mission.  After the third landing at the oil platform you take off into the night with no horizon.  Not exceedingly difficult but, if you aren't ready to use instruments, you're gonna have a bad time.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't ball it up big time my first try. 

• Like 1