Status of Damage Model?

Nealius

I understand that the new damage model is still baking in the oven, but what's the current status of the A8's damage model as we have it now?

Reason I ask is that I get chewed up by bombers with multiple man-sized holes in my wings with no affect on flight characteristics and no damage to flaps or gear, or fuel tanks. I've had my cowling and prop peppered with no engine damage or other flight characteristic changes. I've had ailerons and rudders absolutely shredded down to the bare framing yet still provide full aerodynamic effectiveness.

Has anyone actually gotten shot down in their A8 yet? I feel a bit invincible in it.

The DCS A-8 is indeed a stunningly sturdy bird :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

iirc, the Anton was historically a sturdy bird. Though the lack of change to aerodynamics is odd. I imagine ED didn't put too much effort into the Anton, because within a matter of months it wouldn't matter anyway, with the new DM coming.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]