Cockpit textures seem like the old ones for BF109/190 used to...

Wolf8312

I'm mainly talking about VR, but the cockpit textures dont seem as nice as say the BF109 in VR. Are they going to be improved? Don't know if its just me but they seem a little dated. Love the module though!

Anyone else in VR feel the same?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Non VR user here but I think on the contrary, the cockpit textures are more than fine. No fake shadowing and baked in textures like before pbr...every part of the cockpit material reacts correspondingly to the surroundings. And it looks used but not abused which is fine by me.

I've seen them in videos and they do look great in 2D I will admit, especially due to the shadows which I don't use in VR. I guess another problem is we cant toggle on the pilot yet as with other modules which for me helps enromously in VR, as without the pilot things look a little empty and strange.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

A8 textures look the best to me in vr as well as the improved details. I use shadows and cockpit illumination or whatever it’s called. The pits look horrible without shadows :thumbup:

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Some baked-in shadows would be nice here and there. For example the lower instrument panel (the one with the temperature instruments ) is partially hidden behind the upper instrument panel and normally it should get some diffuse shading at least in the top area. Right now there is no shading and the color on the 2 panels is so uniform you can almost confuse them with a single panel in some situations.

Something like this:

FW190D-Cockpit-Fullf-s.jpg.1d9e78aeac22cdccec6b31f92e235565.jpg

After a bit more experimentation I've noticed a few things. Firstly IMO BF109 textures are much crisper. Man that module really looks good these days in VR!

But I have also found that the Anton actually looks really nice as long as it is not too exposed in sunlight or whatever you want to call it. Full exposure looks really really bad. It's actually I think a question of the colors or shading being used which look really washed out and unrealistic.

------------