Mover DCS F-5E FAM Flight

Bananimal

Wow, he was right at home in that thing from the start. Really shows how similar the T-38 and F-5 are, and how well BST did to model the jet in the sim.

I realize now I've been flying my patterns all wrong. On touch-and-goes, I'd turn crosswind almost exactly like in the F/A-18, pulling the power to maintain on-speed AOA with a manageable rate of climb at 30 degrees angle of bank, except climbing to 1500' instead of 600'. I'm gonna really have to practice that part where you accelerate to 240, then pull up and whip it to the left.

Very, very, much appreciated! Off to learn new tricks in one of my favorite rides (after I get back from this business trip, of course. Then again, I started my Habu collection this week).

<edit>

I tried to replicate the lessons in this video, and my aircraft did not perform to the same level of skill at Mover's. This leads to only two conclusions:

1. Mover is a professional with years of training and does instinctively what I can only imagine. Much like the difference between a professional athlete and a weekend warrior.

2. He cheats.

I'm sticking with 2. :music_whistling:

Edited by Raisuli

• 5 weeks later...