Spamraams - Hornet - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-14-2018, 02:34 PM   #1
Guppy

Default Spamraams - Hornet

Correct me if I am wrong but the Hornet can technically hold 12 AMRAAMS. I believe the wing pylons can hold two each via the dual rails.

I ask because I was messing around in the mission editor and noticed the current implementation of the Hornet does not feature these. Curious if that will change when the module releases.

I want to launch all 12 at a single target.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:48 PM   #2
probad

reality has a tendency to get in the way of theory
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post
Charlie Hornets Cannot Carry AIM-120 on the Wingtip due to weight and the Wing Folding Mechanism Gear.
hahaha hey look at me i surely know more about aviation and coding than actual industry professionals hired for their competency because i have read jalopnik and wikipedia i bet theyve never even heard of google LOL
probad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #3
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by probad View Post
reality has a tendency to get in the way of theory
Interesting... I've seen a lot of pics of Charlies' sporting AMRAAMs on their wingtip, though. I assume they can be mounted but then cannot operate the wingtip mechanism?

I am correct though on the dual launcher rails from the under-wing pylons? Even if AMRAAMs are not supported on the wingtip that would still provide 10x.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:09 PM   #4
antagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudellj View Post
Interesting... I've seen a lot of pics of Charlies' sporting AMRAAMs on their wingtip, though. I assume they can be mounted but then cannot operate the wingtip mechanism?

I am correct though on the dual launcher rails from the under-wing pylons? Even if AMRAAMs are not supported on the wingtip that would still provide 10x.
I did a quick search for photos regarding this and came up with exactly nothing. You have a link to a picture corroborating that?
antagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:14 PM   #5
Wags
ED Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudellj View Post
Really? I very much doubt that. Links please.

i7 6700K, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10, 1TB SSD, TM Hornet stick and Warthog throttle, and Track IR 5 with default settings.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:18 PM   #6
Fri13

Mistaking to f-16?
Fri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:19 PM   #7
antagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
Mistaking to f-16?
That would be my guess as well.

E: Did some more digging, and according to posts on another forum, the Hornet has a LAU-7 launcher on the wingtip that only accomodates AIM-9 derivatives. The Rhino does have a LAU-127 rail on its wingtips which is capable of holding the AIM-120, but there doesn't exist a flight clearance for that configuration.

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/4...rnet-wingtips/

Last edited by antagonist; 01-14-2018 at 03:28 PM.
antagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:52 PM   #8
Guppy

It was my mistake... in my hungover state I mistook the falcon for the charlie. How I don't know, but it is what it is haha. They were all zoomed in photos of the wingtip. /shrug

Here is a pic, though of the dual AMRAAM rails on a Charlie.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._10_AMRAAM.jpg

Edit: Wags are you aware that you can outfit the Charlie in-game with AMRAAMs on the wingtips?

Last edited by Guppy; 01-14-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:01 PM   #9
probad

what does it matter when the incoming fa-18 module is a completely new implementation?
hahaha hey look at me i surely know more about aviation and coding than actual industry professionals hired for their competency because i have read jalopnik and wikipedia i bet theyve never even heard of google LOL
probad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:28 PM   #10
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by probad View Post
what does it matter when the incoming fa-18 module is a completely new implementation?
Who knows what code ED might be pulling/reusing, if at all. I imagine there likely is some re-usability in the load-out code. Though I could be completely wrong. Sorry if you think it is unimportant.