Switching to MPRF after target lock

Ironhand

Notch works better against the ground obviously but against the sky it depends on cloud cover. Most doppler filters nowaday are somewhat automatic in terms of the filtering range.

As we are without MP synced clouds atm I guess the notch against the sky is just a very very simplified way to represent that.

Running PRFs which are lower then "high" is kinda tricky in STT. Its mostly about duty cycle there to my knowledge. Basically with a multibar scan pattern one has multiple weakish returns to figure out if its a contact or just something else. In STT one basically needs the duty cycle ramped up as much as possible to get some usable SNR.

Thats also just an aspect which is completely missing, search pattern influence on detection range.

I really hope le AWG9 implementation will bring some real radar mechanics to the table, having a competent RIO will be paramount.

STT in pulse and pulse doppler varieties, pulse doppler search, just plain RWS, pulse search, TWS in automatic and in manual mode, manual doppler filter tuning with multiple inputs, analog signal readout so even if stuff doesnt get detected as contact you can still spot it, oh and _then_ only it is that PRFs kick in. ;D

Gonna be glorious or RIO is going to be pointless lol. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Notch works better against the ground obviously but against the sky it depends on cloud cover. Most doppler filters nowaday are somewhat automatic in terms of the filtering range.

As we are without MP synced clouds atm I guess the notch against the sky is just a very very simplified way to represent that.

Running PRFs which are lower then "high" is kinda tricky in STT. Its mostly about duty cycle there to my knowledge. Basically with a multibar scan pattern one has multiple weakish returns to figure out if its a contact or just something else. In STT one basically needs the duty cycle ramped up as much as possible to get some usable SNR.

Thats also just an aspect which is completely missing, search pattern influence on detection range.

I really hope le AWG9 implementation will bring some real radar mechanics to the table, having a competent RIO will be paramount.

STT in pulse and pulse doppler varieties, pulse doppler search, just plain RWS, pulse search, TWS in automatic and in manual mode, manual doppler filter tuning with multiple inputs, analog signal readout so even if stuff doesnt get detected as contact you can still spot it, oh and _then_ only it is that PRFs kick in. ;D

Gonna be glorious or RIO is going to be pointless lol. :D

I'm gonna have to start interviewing for a RIO soon. Gonna be damn impossible to find one that I can trust and also knows all this. I bet they'll be expecting to be paid by the hour.

:megalol:

I've seen so many ERs hit me after the platform has been blown to hell that I'm starting to believe this is all magic. :D

Come to think of it I've seen this too.

Maybe it works like this: shooter blown to pieces-> lock is lost -> 8 sec memory timer start? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Nope. Almost never use jammer since it's mostly useless and if I do I switch it off around 25NM before merge.

Only advantage is that russian radars can't use TWS in jamming environment.

In my example I was the shooter and AIM-7 guided perfectly to a MiG-29A, which was not jamming, even though it had entered the notch, memory timer had kicked in and TD box in HUD had wandered off the target.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.