Yet another freeze -

Quickly reading through, sorry about your troubles Swany.

Very strange seeing you have decent PC...

I would try disabling OpenTrack first and give that ago, to see if it's messing with DCS.

"32GB Fixed size swap file" Let windows handle this swap file for now and make sure the swap file is using the SSD drive and not the mechanical hdd.

I've see over 20 GB used, plus other background running windows apps.

Have you got MSI afterburner installed? and know how to set it up? it's OK if you don't.

Just check one thing, I helped someone recently with a similar problem here, launch DCS then pause the sim as seen below in the pic.

Bring up the windows task manager then switch to the details tab.

Right click on DCS and select "Set Affinity" they should be set like the pic below.

That's what MSI afterburner can show you on screen, see the large pagefile 20GB.

Here is a video testing this, could be worth a try.

-

I haven't shut it off, but I minimized my head movement. That's when the game ran at one of it's best points, until I spun the Huey around and it was forced to load a lot of visuals. then it locked up

So, I'm on a fixed swap now because of this problem, it was one of the things I tried. It's on the SSD

Yeah, all cores run by default. I even tried running every other one as suggested in an old thread. I also tried changing the priority around. None of it helped.

I'll give that thread a read!

Thanks for the additional ideas!

Edited by Swany

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)

So, they pushed an update that's not in the "news" section. I THINK they turned the Deferred Shading down or off. Things are a little "washed out" looking..Colors aren't as bright, etc. But, it doesn't look as bad as the release does when you turn DS off there -

HOWEVER - With all that said...She's studdered a lot for me but DID NOT FREEZE as of yet, so, yay team!

Now I'll try and run my campaign and get to the point where it locks up and see what happens! Fingers crossed!

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)

Right click on DCS and select "Set Affinity" they should be set like the pic below....

-

I think this was solved from 2.5.0, my settings without any touch:

Nowy-2JPG_qnqwwrh.jpg

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I'm on a older notebook that's getting a bit creaky for DCS, but I'm getting a few minutes of really nice gameplay followed by crashes of varying severity.

Haven't had time to do trouble shooting other than setting the GPU settings on my machine from application aware (which tends to default to integrated graphics no matter what the program is), to forced use of the discrete video card.

First crash ended with DCS sending in an automated crash report, second involved End Task via task manager, third neutralized task manager enough so that a CTRL-ALT-DEL restart was required.

I'll monkey around a bit more and post further info if any of the standard remedies produce visible changes.

This is with DCS 2.5.0.15365

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.