Demistifying Eagle damage model - Page 7 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2018, 03:36 PM   #61
GGTharos
Veteran
 
GGTharos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 29,508
Default

Ok, so, serious questions:

A) Regarding the actual flight of the DCS and IAF aircraft, what is your claim?

1) that the IAF pilot, facing 100nm trip would have chosen to eject instead?
2) that the IAF aircraft would have disintegrated?
3) that the IAF aircraft would have ran out of fuel?


B) Regarding SATAL itself:

1) Should a win be granted to such an aircraft making a landing?
2) Would such an aircraft be considered to have gained air superiority?
3) Should SATAL rules affect simulation FM/DM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100KIAP_Falcon View Post
Maybe...

DCS F15C showtime:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/255399978?t=01h11m26s

EDIT: ..and that famous IAF pilot was about 10miles from base. This dcs hero and his Eagle surpassed him for over 100+ miles.
__________________

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:41 PM   #62
GGTharos
Veteran
 
GGTharos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 29,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmckay View Post
nightwolf.. he had wingman.. he didn't saw missing wing too.
tharos.. nobody seen missing wing until settled down on runway.. like it was a paperclip. cmon'
I have not found a SINGLE OFFICIAL account where they say that the missing wing was not noticed throughout the entire flight.

Quote:
i'm rock solid about my claims. im using rule ot the thumb and magnitude level comparison to profile the case.
Rule of thumb? Case closed, burn

Quote:
if i had a slight doubt i wouldn't step out with this. the only link between current eagle damage model and RL story is this one from IAF guy.
Actually it is based on the real F-15 aerodynamics, but carry on - tell us how you KNOW that BST simply adjusted the FM to make this one story happen instead of correctly modeling the flight model.
Please include quotes from BST admitting that they have done so, or other actual proof, not your rule of thumb conjecture.

Quote:
As also is one case of torn of portion of wing from su27 test flight that made all dcs flankers loose wings with fcs on. that was fixed, eagle is on dm steroids rampage.
I don't care about the flanker, we're not discussing flankers.
If you want to discuss differences between DMs that's great, it belongs in its own thread and is an interesting topic I'm sure.
But this thread you started is about landing an F-15 with one wing ripped off: It's not about the damage model, it's not about the flanker either, and it isn't even about the simulation.
__________________

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:46 PM   #63
100KIAP_Falcon
Senior Member
 
100KIAP_Falcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Република Српска
Posts: 1,119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
Ok, so, serious questions:...?
It's a demagogy.

Did you see F15c in video?
Can you confirm to this auditorium here that all is fine with F15C in video?
__________________



100☭ Discord: https://discord.gg/EGrVBHt
Teamspeak: ts.100kiap.org
Forum: http://forum.100kiap.org
www: https://100kiap.hopto.org

If you are a dedicated Flanker pilot, a team player ... join us !!!

100-й Корабельный Истребительный Авиационный Полк

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!
100KIAP_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:55 PM   #64
GGTharos
Veteran
 
GGTharos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 29,508
Default

Quote:
Did you see F15c in video?
Can you confirm to this auditorium here that all is fine with F15C in video?
I watched the video. I see missiles hitting the F-15, and it takes damage. I see a bunch of F-15's taking hits and being damaged or shot down in fact, so which F-15 do you want to talk about exactly?

I saw an F-15 take massive damage, the pilot experiencing great difficulty to control it and finally crashing on landing, which is the likely outcome.

Again, what do you see wrong here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100KIAP_Falcon View Post
It's a demagogy.
No, that is just you. You are attempting to manipulate this conversation based on emotions, not based on reason. You're literally complaining about a simulated aircraft taking a lot of damage and limping home with great difficulty. Again, what exactly is the problem with that here?

If you wanted to mention the game engine considering it dead like Rage pointed out (Was is that particular aircraft? I think it was), that is something I would agree with.

Or is there something else that you're meaning to say but you're not saying?
__________________

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Last edited by GGTharos; 04-30-2018 at 03:59 PM.
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:28 PM   #65
100KIAP_Falcon
Senior Member
 
100KIAP_Falcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Република Српска
Posts: 1,119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
I watched the video. I see missiles hitting the F-15, and it takes damage. I see a bunch of F-15's taking hits and being damaged or shot down in fact, so which F-15 do you want to talk about exactly?
All of them. They are same - DCS F15C marked as PFM/AFM (whatever).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
I saw an F-15 take massive damage, the pilot experiencing great difficulty to control it and finally crashing on landing, which is the likely outcome.

Again, what do you see wrong here?
That "massive damage" that you see it is only only cosmetics because all that "massive damaged" Egles have:
- no problem to continue the fight
- no problem to fire missiles
- no problem to kill
- no problem to maneuvering in close combat even "massive damaged"
- need 2-3 more missiles to be destroyed and finally harmless
- to be dead/destroyed if engine see it as dead and not to limping home, shoting missiles or go in dogfight...


Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
No, that is just you. You are attempting to manipulate this conversation based on emotions, not based on reason. ..
The only thing I'm trying to do in this conversation and every other about DCS F15c for years is to point out listed above. And instead of solving the problem, you're telling us here everything's okay.
__________________



100☭ Discord: https://discord.gg/EGrVBHt
Teamspeak: ts.100kiap.org
Forum: http://forum.100kiap.org
www: https://100kiap.hopto.org

If you are a dedicated Flanker pilot, a team player ... join us !!!

100-й Корабельный Истребительный Авиационный Полк

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!
100KIAP_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:44 PM   #66
Jabbers_
Member
 
Jabbers_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 598
Default

SecureTeam10 called, they want to talk to you about this story.
__________________
Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.
SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord
Jabbers_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:53 PM   #67
Jabbers_
Member
 
Jabbers_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 598
Default

You guys take this shit to seriously. Maybe the DM is broken... but this is FC3, the fidelity is no where near as good as some of the other modules, and to be quite honest i would never expect it to be. Maybe when we get the F-15E it will be better, but c'mon now... FC3, I doubt that will ever happen. If you want to raise a point about the DM being messed up, do that with DCS proof, not IRL. Setup a mission with a friend, fire missiles of different types at them, do some statistical analysis, and then try on other air frames that are similar... SU-27, J-11, Mig-29... Try and show that the F-15 IS in-fact OP rather than just stating that it is your belief based on incidents that happened in MP. You need to also realize net latency can play a role in what you see vs what really happened, so do it in a MP setup with low latency, and high, see if there is a difference.
__________________
Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.
SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord
Jabbers_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:06 PM   #68
esb77
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NH
Posts: 314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmckay View Post

-jet fuel is highly flammable liquid that is specially designed to maintain stable combustion process in combustion chamber inside jet engine. It is selected for a reason and most important one is rapid flame propagation, or high burn speed that is around 20m/s. By using special technique of slowing down the airstream in combustion chamber, stable combustion is maintained inside chamber but outside of that zone, fuel disperses fast and slows down enough to ignite and burn.

Out of curiosity, what's your engineering plan for how the flame front that's traveling at 20 m/s is going to catch up to the aircraft that was going at least 153 m/s?

One notes that in the F-111 videos, the flame front trails behind the aircraft and never catches up, and never damages the aircraft.


I understand that in an argument it's good form to provide supporting evidence, but aren't you supposed to provide supporting evidence for your argument?




Or is this humor that just doesn't translate well into English in a text forum format? If it is, it's pretty clear that the Americans and Brits don't understand the joke. You may have to explain.



Edit: I'll note that while your 20 m/s figure is reasonably good, well within the range cited by journals, the mist under certain conditions might act like a vapor explosion, in which case catching up to the aircraft is no problem. Still, if that's your argument, bring evidence and figures relavant to that, not figures from a flame stagnation experiment.
__________________
Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

Last edited by esb77; 04-30-2018 at 09:16 PM.
esb77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:13 PM   #69
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran
 
Esac_mirmidon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ferrol, Spain
Posts: 5,233
Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon
Default

7 pages of nonsense... and counting.
__________________
" You must think in russian.."


Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:50 PM   #70
100KIAP_Falcon
Senior Member
 
100KIAP_Falcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Република Српска
Posts: 1,119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esac_mirmidon View Post
7 pages of nonsense... and counting.
It's really nonsensical to think that you're in a simulation with all this nonsense in it.
__________________



100☭ Discord: https://discord.gg/EGrVBHt
Teamspeak: ts.100kiap.org
Forum: http://forum.100kiap.org
www: https://100kiap.hopto.org

If you are a dedicated Flanker pilot, a team player ... join us !!!

100-й Корабельный Истребительный Авиационный Полк

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!
100KIAP_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:47 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.