[NO BUG]AOA Indexer brightness

Swift.

The AOA indexer brightness knob appears to have no intermediate levels between on and off. And if you position between these two values the AOA indexer will flash.

Track and video attached

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbJZRkZHic0

AOAindexbug.trk

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

• 2 weeks later...

hey there...

cannot tell form your vid whether you are in night mode on ddis and hud. That could be an issue. Here, while I am flying on a nightmission (both stable & beta), AoA brightness works.

Second, the AoA indexer will flash when the hook is not down (couldn't glance at the hook position in your vid), compared to AoA indexer won't appear at all, when the gear is not down.

not sure if this helped...

cannot tell form your vid whether you are in night mode on ddis and hud. That could be an issue.

Doesn't look like that is the issue. I watched the youtube vid and at that time of day the displays would have been blindingly bright if in day mode.

Here, while I am flying on a nightmission (both stable & beta), AoA brightness works.

It mostly works for me but the AoA indexer is still an issue as the red tends to show too brightly using nvis and turning it down low enough to not be an issue makes the center O basically invisible using nvis.

Second, the AoA indexer will flash when the hook is not down (couldn't glance at the hook position in your vid), compared to AoA indexer won't appear at all, when the gear is not down.

That was definitely not a hook bypass not set to field issue. He first had the red arrow and it was solid so the switch was properly set to field. I've never seen the AoA indexer flash like that before. That is very strange indeed.

• ED Team

Hi

I can not reproduce AOA indexer control works as intended for me it seems.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

To answer some questions:

IFEI was in Nite mode, as seen by the green colour of it.

DDIs were in Night mode

HUD was in Night mode

It isn't the hook bypass warning, because A. its too fast, and B. the hook bypass was in field.

I'm curious why this wasn't reproduceable, as it happens without fail every time I do it.

Edit: Settings uploaded, and before anyone asks; no reshade isnt installed.

settings.thumb.PNG.786570603946d403a73d2536383659fc.PNG

Edited by Swiftwin9s

I'm curious why this wasn't reproduceable, as it happens without fail every time I do it.

Edit: Settings uploaded, and before anyone asks; no reshade isnt installed.

That's some strange happenings there Swift. It doesn't blink on me when I replayed the track and taking control it doesn't blink either. I know it's probably a stupid question but did you try a repair? I had an issue where I couldn't dim the indexer at night and it was washing out my NVGs. I ran a repair and for whatever reason it fixed it. I wonder if there is some sort of log file that says what file was changed or fixed during a repair? Anyways, just my .02

I've got several hundred hours in on the 18 and atm I fly the 18 pretty exclusively. I've never seen this condition you've demonstrated Swift. Can't say what the difference is but I've never seen this before your video. Obviously not all of my MP time is at night but there have been a few fairly recently that were night so I had to set up the aircraft for it. Definitely on the current OB version.

• ED Team

Remove all unofficial mods and try a cleanup and repair.

For me the AOA Indexer brightness works as intended.

Let me know if you still have problems after I will have another tester check

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Just had another team member check and all is ok.

can you attach your dcs log after trying again, might see some clues.

Just had another team member check and all is ok.

can you attach your dcs log after trying again, might see some clues.

An excellent suggestion, I had a look in the log myself and saw that it was a deprecated mod in saved games that was causing the issues.

My apologies for the drawn out process, this can now be closed as [NOT A BUG] or similar.

As as side note, I didn't know saved games mods could cause issues like that. I guess you learn something new everyday.

• ED Team

Thank you for letting us know, glad you have it resolved.