MiG-15bis control problems

zerO_crash

It really only interferes with a preflight control surface check. I don't remember if it's affected by wind, that might cause it to be present one time and not another.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

This bug has been present from the beginning, but as Zhukov said, it only affects the preflight control surface check and can thus be ignored. Looks daft though, so maybe we'll see a fix later, who knows.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Later? It's been 4 years, they don't seem in a hurry to fix it ;)

I'd be surprised if they even saw the bug report though. If that's annoying someone, I'd suggest to create a new one in a fresh thread (or even better, to post it in the Russian part of the forums).

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 6 months later...

Broken controls when static

The control input is broken when being static on the ground.

Example: If you move your stick fully forward, the stick in DCS goes forward. If you move your stick fully back, the stick in DCS will move forward again.

This happens only when being static though. As soon as you start moving, everything is fine again.

Same goes for ailerons. Also, it can happen in any direction. This makes checking the flight controls on the ground impossible and unless you know it, it will really confuse you when you notice this before takeoff.

For the track: All I've done was moving the stick forwards and backwards.

brokencontrols.trk

• ED Team

Threads merged, I will try and chase this report.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

This issue was fixed a long time ago looking at the report.

If you are still having issues please delete your mig-15 folder in your controls and start fresh see it it helps.

The track replays seem to work correctly for me.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 months later...

On 9/21/2020 at 10:48 AM, BIGNEWY said:

If you are still having issues please delete your mig-15 folder in your controls and start fresh see it it helps.

thank you

Just did as suggested -->  Naah, does not work :(

Still embarassing !!!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 9:48 AM, BIGNEWY said:

thank you

@NineLineSame here. Running a fresh install on a brand new PC and I still have this issue. Can confirm it's definitely not fixed.  It's quite the immersion killer.

• Like 3

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • NineLine changed the title to MiG-15bis control problems
9 hours ago, NineLine said:

I am not seeing an issue, if you are still seeing it, please load a track for me to take a look at.

Thanks.

It's still an issue. The track below is still showcasing it.

I'd attach a newer track if I could, but I can't...

I had it again 1 week ago, but because MP track, it's now 80Mb big.

On 9/20/2020 at 9:10 PM, razo+r said:

Broken controls when static

The control input is broken when being static on the ground.

Example: If you move your stick fully forward, the stick in DCS goes forward. If you move your stick fully back, the stick in DCS will move forward again.

This happens only when being static though. As soon as you start moving, everything is fine again.

Same goes for ailerons. Also, it can happen in any direction. This makes checking the flight controls on the ground impossible and unless you know it, it will really confuse you when you notice this before takeoff.

For the track: All I've done was moving the stick forwards and backwards.

brokencontrols.trk 670.07 kB · 48 downloads

Edited by razo+r
  • Like 1

@NineLineI've just tried razo+r's very short track and I clicked 'take control': I was then able to reproduce the issue. Moving the stick forward would move the cockpit stick backward.

Although it looks like a very rare event (I cannot replicate it when starting a mission), there must be something in the track data explaining what's happening.

• Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• ED Team

Thanks guys, I will report and see if the team can get anything from it, like Flappie I could never reproduce the issue.

Normally I lock these when reported, but as we cant 100% reproduce it I will leave it open in case more information comes. 

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 3 weeks later...

Myself and a friend have had the same issue. 

In single player it seems to be fine, but in multiplayer, I get control reversal in both pitch and roll. 
To me it appears this applies to certain servers. (Like aerobatics europe and aerobatics online)

Engine off and on had the control reversal, but as soon as I taxied it came back to normal... 

Wasn't it a wind-related issue? I have a vague recollection of something like that being mentioned by one of BST devs back years ago when this bug was first reported (and deemed low priority issue thus no fix). I might be wrong though. 

Can't play razo+r's track (probably recorded on the map I don't own) - what's the wind direction in this one (relative to a stationary airplane)?

Edited by Art-J
  • Thanks 2

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

4 hours ago, Art-J said:

Wasn't it a wind-related issue? I have a vague recollection of something like that being mentioned by one of BST devs back years ago when this bug was first reported (and deemed low priority issue thus no fix). I might be wrong though. 

Can't play razo+r's track (probably recorded on the map I don't own) - what's the wind direction in this one (relative to a stationary airplane)?

Track was on Persian Gulf with wind 6 kts coming from ~30 degrees front right

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This bug still exists, and also the elevator trim seems to be reversed! I am using a Brunner FFB stick base and my trim hat is NOT connected to the FFB stick, it is purely DirectX and DCS is telling the stick which way to move with trim. I had to bind the trim backwards.

• 4 weeks later...

Can confirm the bug still exists. I recently installed DCS after 7 years away. Was a bit confused at first as I didn't know about this bug. It is disappointing that it hasn't been fixed after all this time. I noticed it when doing a control surface check on a free flight mission I created with 2m/s wind speed at ground level.

• Like 1

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

It definitely still happens and seems dependent on which slot you spawn into. Some will do it, some will behave normally. Some variable is stomping on some other variable, I'd suspect.

• 1 month later...

Wind has been a problem for a long time with many modules and weapons, so I don't bother with wind.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."