[NEED TRACK REPLAY]Uncommanded roll away from wingman in formation

Nealius

I haven't ruled out if this is a Hornet issue or a Wake Turbulence issue, but I can say 100% it's not a hardware or control binding issue, nor is it a wind issue:

1. No axis binding conflicts

2. No ghost inputs

3. Wake Turbulence is on, but my position relative to lead should be waaaaay outside his wake (essentially echelon formation)

4. Direction of roll unaffected by wind direction

Symptoms:

1. When flying in echelon left, within a certain distance more right stick is needed to keep wings level and maintain position. If I let go of the stick, the plane will roll, uncommanded, to the left. Ctrl+Enter indicator shows zero roll input. FCS page shows no roll commands.

2. Cross under to lead's right side. Within this same certain distance, more left stick is needed to keep wings level and maintain position. If I let go of the stick, the plane will roll, uncommanded, to the right. Ctrl+Enter indicator shows zero roll input. FCS page shows no roll commands.

3. Further away from this zone, uncommanded roll does not occur.

4. Closer than this zone, uncommanded roll does not occur.

Now, I'm really bad at visually judging distance, so here's a screenshot of the "zone" where this happens:

S3fQtZt.png

I'll work on getting a replay track but it will take some time.

Easiest way to test is disable WT and see if it still does it. I'd say 99% likely it's WT off the wingtips considering it mirrors from one side to the other. I've had multiple.people describe trying to fly wingtip on landing and accidentally getting flipped into the ground by the lead aircraft, so it's entirely possible.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

That's my next test. If it is WT, then something's not right. I shouldn't be experiencing wake turbulence that far forward and to the side, should I?

I don't think either. From my point of view, it seems ED's implementation of wake turbulence is - at the moment - greatly exaggerated when it comes to the total area of effect. Jump into an F-14 on the other hand, and you can easily tell the difference.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset