CombatWombat's Airfield Diagrams: Persian Gulf

shu77

Full Release now attached, Iran references work done by Munny for taxiway letters. This should now cover all airfields on PG.

EDIT: FILE NOW on ED user files HERE

Version 1.0 ERC Now available HERE

LIWA.png

Edited by shu77
  • Thanks 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

MAIN.png

LIWA.png

As a bonus here the updated version of Khasab Khasab.png

Edited by shu77

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

Very useful and appreciated... thanks a lot for sharing :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

One more Al Maktoum

al-maktoum.png

Edited by shu77

cw1.png

AlBateen and Sas Al Nakeel along with a new title slide

ALBATEEN.png

MAIN.png

SASALNAKEEL.png

Edited by shu77

cw1.png

Al Dhafra Air Base, significantly more detailed than any other field I've seen so far

aldhafra.png

cw1.png

Rubbish day so just RAS AL

RAS-AL.png

cw1.png

Interested if anyone actually finds these useful beyond me.

Hell yeah!! :thumbup:

I'm putting together a coop campaign on the Persian Gulf theatre, and this is EXACTLY what I needed for my briefings.

Outstanding work, keep it up and you'll make at least one happy dude (and squadron) :)

Edited by Moos_tachu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mud, wind and fire.

Abu Dhabi. Diagram suffers slightly for quality, I need a better way of exporting the airfields.

abudhabi.png

cw1.png

Sir Abu Nyuar and Al Ain

al-ain.png

sir-abu.png

cw1.png

Sharjah

sharjah.png

cw1.png

DUBAI

DUBAI.png

cw1.png

FUJAIRAH

FUJAIRAH.png

cw1.png

AL MINHAD

ALMINHAD.png

Edited by shu77

cw1.png

OK and that is the first 14 airfields covering Oman and UAE. I will have a think about starting Iran next, however I think there is a reasonable set for them already.

cw1.png

OK, I will have a look at Iran as time permits, I am eyeing off another project which will be a little more fun. Please do call out any bugs you spot, a lot of the taxiway detail is be a physical 'walk' of the field in CTRL+F11.

cw1.png

I realised I left most of the Lat/Lon markings off AL MINHAD, I have fixed that but havent republished yet. I'd be interested though I have published all with North Up at present however for a field like Al minhad it makes the diagram much smaller. ICAO standard seems to be to rotate the map in this situation 90 degrees so the diagram is bigger but the only obvious identifier in this instance is the North indicator arrow. With the Iranian fields there are some more, so would people prefer all diagrams North up, or East/west fields to be rotated 90 degrees.

cw1.png

Easing into Iran with the islands: presenting OITK, Lesser Tunb

tunbkochak.png

Edited by shu77

cw1.png

Also trying to get some ocean back into it, I know its not strictly ICAO standard but it looks a lot better, so Greater TUNB

tunb.png

cw1.png

I realised I left most of the Lat/Lon markings off AL MINHAD, I have fixed that but havent republished yet. I'd be interested though I have published all with North Up at present however for a field like Al minhad it makes the diagram much smaller. ICAO standard seems to be to rotate the map in this situation 90 degrees so the diagram is bigger but the only obvious identifier in this instance is the North indicator arrow. With the Iranian fields there are some more, so would people prefer all diagrams North up, or East/west fields to be rotated 90 degrees.

Personally, I would stand with the ICAO standard on this point, for optimal readability.

Al Minhad AB is a good example: not too complex, but it has quite a number of taxiways and parkings already, and these are stuff you would need to get right without the size of their representation being an obstacle.

Indeed there is the North indicator, and I agree with you, people might easily miss it.

Yet there are also the runway indications (e.g. 09/27 for Al Minhad), and this is something people would definitely want to check out while using these charts.

Maybe a compromise would be to rotate 90 degrees not only the North indicator but also all the writings on the chart, so people would read it horizontally, and thus would know that North is up?

Don't know if this would be realistic though...

Edited by Moos_tachu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mud, wind and fire.

By the way, I've been told by my squad mates that I should share my PG campaign with the community... So when it's all finalized, I'll be doing that.

Do I have your permission to include some of your charts with the briefing? (i.e. the 4 airfields that will be used as primary and secondary bases)

Of course I will not alter the originals, and I will make sure to credit you in the campaign notes.

Thanks again for your great work :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mud, wind and fire.

Sirri

sirri.png

cw1.png

By the way, I've been told by my squad mates that I should share my PG campaign with the community... So when it's all finalized, I'll be doing that.

Do I have your permission to include some of your charts with the briefing? (i.e. the 4 airfields that will be used as primary and secondary bases)

Of course I will not alter the originals, and I will make sure to credit you in the campaign notes.

Thanks again for your great work :thumbup:

Yes of course, my earlier works on Caucus ended up in a number of products. The new version of the slides includes a not on this Id just like to hear where it ends up being used. beyond that I dont mind

cw1.png