Hook to Eye distance

IceFire

Anyone asked you for your oh so important opinion? That's right, no one.

I believe everyone has moved on but whatever....

Have a great day!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Anyone asked you for your oh so important opinion? That's right, no one.

Public forum. Posting here is by definition inviting commentary. Bit obvious point to make, but you're not the first to miss it. Thankfully, I keep my cape handy.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Anyways... Thanks OP and others for explaining why I tend to grab a wire further back than intended in the F-14.

I vaguely remember better IFLOLS being mentioned in one of the status emails or one of Wags’ posts so I assume this is a known issue for ED but let’s hope it gets addressed sooner than later in EA.

I am astounded both at the accuracy with which you can fly the Tomcat, OP, and the incredible rudeness of Mr. Big. I know we've all moved on, but reading through this thread was difficult without vomiting. Some people were not beaten enough as children... or maybe too much?

That aside, I hope they get this fixed. I, too have 100's (not 1000's) of traps in the Tomcat, and plan on many more with a real LSO.

Echoing r7y30n, thank you for this explanation!

I am astounded both at the accuracy with which you can fly the Tomcat, OP, and the incredible rudeness of Mr. Big. I know we've all moved on, but reading through this thread was difficult without vomiting. Some people were not beaten enough as children... or maybe too much?

That aside, I hope they get this fixed. I, too have 100's (not 1000's) of traps in the Tomcat, and plan on many more with a real LSO.

Echoing r7y30n, thank you for this explanation!

Hmm, lets see. Poorly worded post that was misinterpreted(with reason). Apologies posted none the less. Called out after the fact anyway by a dude that says “it was so rude I almost vomited”. Then same dude asks if I was abused as a child?

Nice virtue signaling, Liberal much??

Biggs off the air.

Y’all be safe out there! Regards

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

There's no need to slate people immersing themselves in their chosen hobby mate. If you are so unhappy in life that your only pastime is to come on the ED Forums and make fun of people for asking questions then i suggest you find a quiet spot to sit down and reflect on what is really troubling you.

+1

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

+1

Alright, done apologizing. If y’all can’t accept it y’all can step off, I’m done but for an apology to the OP for the distraction.

Any other issues with this, pm me

And we can spar all day long.

Regards

Edited by Mr. Big.”Biggs”

Hmm, lets see. Poorly worded post that was misinterpreted(with reason). Apologies posted none the less. Called out after the fact anyway by a dude that says “it was so rude I almost vomited”. Then same dude asks if I was abused as a child?

Nice virtue signaling, Liberal much??

Biggs off the air.

Y’all be safe out there! Regards

Poorly worded post?

Good evening fellas.

I noticed that in the Super Carrier trailer that the Hook-Eye distance for the F/A-18C was modeled on the PLAT cam view. Will this distance be set for the F-14 as well? Either manually or automatically?

The main reason I ask is that you have to hold about half a ball higher in the Tomcat to trap a 3, simply because the H.E. is shorter for the Hornet than the Tomcat.

Thanks!

That is pretty straight forward and did not warrant your original comments.

Edited by Strikeeagle345

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Ain't the HTE adjusted to the incoming aircraft type at the same time when the landing officer informs the sailors below the deck to adjust the cable tension based the aircraft weight that is called by the pilot?

I had that understanding that was part of the process when preparing the deck for the different kind aircrafts.

As it would be stupid that F-14, A-6, E-2, C-2 etc are required to learn to land using wrong visual signals from landing guidance, only because F/A-18C is some kind special?

So shouldn't it be part of the radio call before landing to call out the type and weight etc? Does that even get modeled in the SuperCarrier module etc?

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

So shouldn't it be part of the radio call before landing to call out the type and weight etc? Does that even get modeled in the SuperCarrier module etc?

it IS part of the radio call (real one anyway. hopefully the new dcs ones too). specifically during the ball call if nowhere else. "101, Tomcat, Bal, 8.0." weather or not that gets modelled for the carrier to set hook-eye is unknown. we just dont have a lot of info