MiG-19P cockpit update... radar hood

OverStratos

It will be radar hood in DCS really full functional?

Support DCS engine that sun light on this type radar screen cause unreadible screen?

If yes, please add possibility in:

Settings/Special/Mig-19P

- radar hood ON (gum extension removed)

- radar hood ON original (with gum extension)

- radar hood OFF (main tube and gum extension removed)

for me is this hood tube really annoing thing in cockpit when engine do not support reduce visibility with sun light on radar screen.

I like possibility it have complete without radar hood.

In real was hood tube long as was need for most possible angles for keep shadow on screen.

original (broken gum extension)

24.-MiG-19-3.jpg

removed gum extension

13982a99ba6a82c7849ac4b34dca357e--abandoned.jpg

Edited by Magot

Jesus that is not a cover they Installed a Part of a Gas pipeline in that Cockpit...

Original would Pain even with Track IR I am pretty sure to hold your Head that steady you can watch trough, and reach the Switches on the Right Side...

I am really ok with the Balanced type of Hood...

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Thanks guys!

I have been testing with some variants of the hood, and believe me, it will be a real hassle even with track IR and VR if we put the original large one. A simple action in real life (leaning a bit forward and looking right) becomes a problem when under the restrictions of a sim.

Personally, i'm good with it. But is having the original hood as an option in the Mission Editor a possiblity? For those who would prefer to have the historical hood it could be nice.

NO! Not in mission editor!

That should be solely a player own choice!

So many things should be choice of the user, but be possible be overridden by the mission designer like a weapon loadout, skin or fuel amount.

But we should be able to get the clean cockpits, clean huds etc just so we can play at different eras as be able to fly with more realistic manner if we so want and override "artistic decisions".

Like with the case of Mig-29 radar hood, I would like to try to peak in as I fly in VR, but I can understand that artistic decision but at least I would like to set it so if others don't want to.

As it is same thing as with they mouse vs touch controllers vs HOTAS shortcuts vs voice inputs in VR. As people who use mouse or HOTAS bindings don't get the same limitations as the touch controller users, and neither do they want the real pilot has when pulling G forces etc. Moving hands off the HOTAS just to operate some dials or switches or buttons is not so often possible or even preferred.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Support DCS engine that sun light on this type radar screen cause unreadible screen?

Settings/Special/Mig-19P

for me is this hood tube really annoing thing in cockpit when engine do not support reduce visibility with sun light on radar screen.

In real was hood tube long as was need for most possible angles for keep shadow on screen.

And add a option to the radio/rearming so one can swap it middle of the flight depending conditions (or mission designer).

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Are snap views an option in DCS? I could see doing that with a larger sized hood, being a workable option for folks who aren't flying VR.

+1 this. They used a similar approach to the divebomber sights in IL2 for the Val and SBD, you just mapped it to you stick as the "gunsight view" command and for those two planes it took you to where you were looking in the sight. Kept it realistic looking, I mean as far as IL2 was realistic, but it might be a good approach for the gum tube affair?

Settings/Special/Mig-19P

original (broken gum extension)

24.-MiG-19-3.jpg

removed gum extension

13982a99ba6a82c7849ac4b34dca357e--abandoned.jpg

Great idea! I would love this added to the aircraft.

NO! Not in mission editor!

That should be solely a player own choice!

So many things should be choice of the user, but be possible be overridden by the mission designer like a weapon loadout, skin or fuel amount.

But we should be able to get the clean cockpits, clean huds etc just so we can play at different eras as be able to fly with more realistic manner if we so want and override "artistic decisions".

Like with the case of Mig-29 radar hood, I would like to try to peak in as I fly in VR, but I can understand that artistic decision but at least I would like to set it so if others don't want to.

As it is same thing as with they mouse vs touch controllers vs HOTAS shortcuts vs voice inputs in VR. As people who use mouse or HOTAS bindings don't get the same limitations as the touch controller users, and neither do they want the real pilot has when pulling G forces etc. Moving hands off the HOTAS just to operate some dials or switches or buttons is not so often possible or even preferred.

Maybe not in the ME but in the "Special" tab in options then.

Couldn't you have a dedicated Change View key that toggles the player's PoV so it's in line and zoomed in with the radar hood? The flight sim equivalent of raising a rifle scope.

Would like to see:

Panavia Tornado

Panther AS565

English Electric Lightning.

I like the look of the radar hood, but Perhaps a cockpit option where you click on the radar hood and can cycle between full, medium, and no hood?

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3