M6: What are the goals to succeed in this mission?

Cornflex

Hi guys,

as the title says, I just wanted to know what the goals are to complete this mission.

Is it essential to destroy at least one target with those Mk82s? I always reach waypoint 3 (test range) and then get the new coordinates to support the allied ground troops. When arriving there I drop all the Mk82s on the mortars but I always miss. :doh:

After that I do not receive any further instructions. So I return to base and finish the mission with a 50% success rate which results in repeating the whole thing. :(

Thanks in advance.

i9 13900K, Asus ROG Z690-E Wifi, 32GB DDR5 6400RAM, Asus RTX 4090 TUF, TM Warthog with F-16 Stick, Trackir 5, Windows 11

Well, on the third run I managed to destroy a few ground targets. After I ran out of bombs and gun ammo I did not receive any more messages how to go on with the mission. So I returned to base and landed but in the end I did not succeed and have to fly the whole mission again.

It gets a bit frustrating if you don't know what the trigger is to get on with the mission...

i9 13900K, Asus ROG Z690-E Wifi, 32GB DDR5 6400RAM, Asus RTX 4090 TUF, TM Warthog with F-16 Stick, Trackir 5, Windows 11

Well, on the third run I managed to destroy a few ground targets. After I ran out of bombs and gun ammo I did not receive any more messages how to go on with the mission. So I returned to base and landed but in the end I did not succeed and have to fly the whole mission again.

You've correctly identified your task.

I'm not sure what the trigger condition is but when I flew the mission (in 1.5.7) - the AI M2K (Com. P-K Lambert) dropped 6x Mk-82 and took out 7 mortars, 5 trucks and bunch of infantry.

My first 2x drop was wide as Com. P-K Lambert hadn't dropped his load yet (so I missed the target area). Once I had correctly ID'd the target area, I made 2 further passes dropping a pair of Mk-82 each pass - although TACVIEW shows no kills, it shows target hits/splash damage from both passes.

As I was out of bombs, I returned to Vaziani and taxied to the parking bay before shutting down/exiting the mission.

TACVIEW shows I flew the mission twice but I don't remember if that was by choice or because I failed in my first attempt (for my 2nd attempt, all bombs were on target/caused splash damage).

Which DCS version are you running, as it sounds like the AI (Com. P-K Lambert) may be failing in his task.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thank you for your answer. I used to play with the open beta.

I will try with the stable version now and hope the AI gets their job done. :doh:

You were right. Com. P-K Lambert did not drop his bombs on the target. He just flies in circles and does nothing. :music_whistling:

Seems to be a bug because he tells me that he will go in first and drop his load on the mortars.

Same result in OB and stable version.

Thank you for investigating the issue. I don't remember if I changed to the correct frequency. I will try again later and report back.

I tried the mission again and this time I had no problems at all. Seems I missed something in my first attempts. Thank you.