2018 New Year’s Update

Hiromachi

Well, I for one, will get them both. But I am immensely interested in the Christen Eagle. Please, please, keep up the work on this one. I hope the FM will be true to the spirit of this aircraft (and aircraft like her.)

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

In context of the Corsair, what happened to the Iwo Jima map? Did this project survive the split or is it dead?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Lovely F4U. Glad to see its coming to DCS. I wish we can get at least one Japanese plane to flesh out some Pacific theatre. :) Best wishes for 2018.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

thanks for the update and Happy New Year!!

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

Dear pilots...

At last, we’d also like to briefly return to the beloved Fishbed.

We also would like to remind you of the ongoing DCS sale which includes MiG-21bis. Do not hesitate and get it before the sale ends on January 3rd!

Briefly return to mig21 but continuous selling these days is not really fashionable. The expected fixes and improvements I suppose are scrapped and the module will just drag along in EDs store?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I think the message is clear and in line with Zaelu's interpretation rather than Buzzles' one. It's still just a message, what the extent of "polishing" is, remains to be seen.

@Repth - there's a community mod with that carrier, you must've seen that one.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I think the message is clear and in line with Zaelu's interpretation rather than Buzzles' one. It's still just a message, what the extent of "polishing" is, remains to be seen

I thought message was clear but this appears not to be the case. Zealu's interpretation is wrong, we do not wish to merely briefly support MiG-21bis but to maintain support for this module for the years to come. Brief is only the reference to the part of text which was not the primary section of update, but still it was important to mention that there is work being done to fix issues existing or appearing for MiG-21bis.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Hiomachi, thanks for your reply. Some words can be more powerful than others sometimes.

Maybe at some point you could provide on what is the work on list on Mig21?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 3 weeks later...

At first, we would like to say that development of Christen Eagle II is going on schedule

we present to you first pictures of F4U-1d Corsair, a legendary warbird

I have your MiG-21 and can say just this: until it's equipment starts working as it should and it starts flying as it should, or until ED takes your rights to develop FMs and equipment for aircraft in it's simulator and starts doing it itself (or delegates it to Belsimtek), your brand will be a definitive mark for "not touching" it -- be "it" a civilian plane or a WW-2 era aircraft. You make nice 3D moldes and paint nice-looking textures, but this sim isn't about "looks".

Happy New Year.

• Like 2

They are not vulching... they are STRAFING!!! :smartass::thumbup:

^ He doesn't need to be. There are still quite a few very well documented simplifications and innacuracies about the modelling of this plane, discussed on forum ad nauseam since its release, if you bother to search.

These do make the plane lag behind ED/BST developments as far as systems & FM fidelity is concerned. Good 3rd party module for anyone not that much knowledgeable about RU hardware, falling to "OK-ish" if you get more into details.

I know they can't tweak & polish it forever, but I'm looking forward to advertised post-2.5 overhaul.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Ditto the above, there are an absolute shed load of information regarding the quantitative and qualitative aspects of operating the systems and flight model and it's very clear the LN implementation is doing a very very poor job of simulating them.