H-60 Variant?

WHOGX5

H-60 Variant?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. H-60 Variant?

• The HH-60G sounds like a great idea!
    • I'd rather have the UH-60M.
    • There are other helicopters I'd prefer over the H-60 family.
    • I only fly things with afterburners.

In light of the recent poll on facebook, I'd like to make the case for THE medium utility helicopter, the H-60. This is a bit lengthy so please bear with me. :D

*drool* :joystick:

pix032513twoshipWP.jpg

The HH-60G 'Pave Hawk' has been in service for a long time, and saw combat during, among others, Operation Desert Storm, Operation Allied Force, Operation Iraqi Freedom, and Operation Enduring Freedom, mainly flying combat search and rescue and medevac, but also insertion and extraction for ground troops. When not in combat, it has been very active flying humanitarian relief missions all over the world. Because of its age, it doesn't have too many classified systems, and it would be a blast to fly!

Another HH-60G:

hh-60g-pave-hawk_011-ts600.jpg

If I had to choose one H-60 variant it would have to be the HH-60G. If you're going to do a UH-60M (which is arguably more complex), you might as well model a HH-60G instead. She is able to perform a whole slew of tasks that no other helicopter in DCS can do at the moment, and probably for a long time ahead. The HH-60G is sort of an older, less capable MH-60M. It is a very flexible multi-mission platform, performing everything from troop transport to recon, CSAR, long range missions with refueling, night missions, etc. It also has this beautiful blend of an old school cockpit and a glass cockpit. ATM, there are both attack, recon and transport choppers from all kinds of different era's in DCS. The one category that's vacant is the modern utility helicopters. That's why I believe the HH-60G would fit like a glove. Here is a list I stole right off of Wikipedia of the HH-60G's equipment:

INS/GPS/Doppler navigation

SATCOM satellite communications

Secure/anti-jam communications

LARS (Lightweight Airborne Recovery System) range/steering radio to compatible survivor radios

Automatic flight control

NVG night vision goggle lighting

FLIR forward looking infra-red radar

Color weather radar

Engine/rotor blade anti-ice system

Retractable In-flight refueling probe

Integral rescue hoist

RWR combat enhancement

IR infra-red jamming unit

Flare/chaff countermeasure dispensing system

It even has skids and a refueling boom for Yule-Ops!

176th_Wing_-_MC-130_HH-60G.jpg

Now, I'm not an H-60 expert, nor am I a simulator module developer, but I don't think it would be too daring of a task to develop multiple H-60 variants. I know for a fact that the UH-60A and the SH-60B share 83% part commonality, and the HH-60G's are upgraded UH-60A's. This leads me to believe that developing the UH-60A, SH-60B, and HH-60G wouldn't be too much work, compared to just developing one of them. They all have the same airframe, and all three of them share the same General Electric T700 engines (or T701's if later upgraded variants). So developing stuff like engine performance or flight models would only have to be done once. It's not like developing a F/A-18C and F/A-18E which have completely different engines and airframes, not to mention avionics. Once you have developed the UH-60A, all that's left (and I don't mean to imply this isn't a lot of work) is the specialized equipment for the remaining variants: FLIR, MAD/SAD, etc. for the SH-60B, and refueling probe, weather radar, etc. for the HH-60G. Both the SH-60B and the HH-60G have folding rotors, so both are able to perform shipboard operations. With all of these different abilities in the same airframe, this would allow us to fly all sorts of missions in all sorts of environments. I can't speak for everyone, but I'd be perfectly happy if all these modules were released separately at full price, even though it's less work per module, and then we, the users, buy the ones we want. Win-win in my book. It will be less time and money spent for greater revenue.

Here are the cockpits side by side. As you can see the cyclics, consoles, panels, etc. are pretty similar apart from a few of the avionics, especially between the SH-60B and HH-60G.

UH-60A:

5423bd23eec7df73ee04561d67100828.jpg

SH-60B:

0636188.jpg?v=v40

HH-60G:

4626952697_18b0846b98_b.jpg

I'm done rambling now. Thanks for your patience! :thumbup:

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

I voted against the Hawk family because theyre are more important gaps in the inventory.... That being said I would love to get a Hawk and if we ever due we should get a slick, a dap, and then maybe at a 20 dollar premium because of the extra work a seahawk. But first we need a western attack helicopter (AH-1) and a western heavy lift. I'd take a CH-53 over 47 but I was a marine so I'm biased. But with all the naval ops dcs is moving towards I think a 53 would be a better fit. Anyway I digress... I'd rather see efforts focused elsewhere, but I'd still be thrilled to get a hawk :)

Ok, i would say : if there are transport helis in future, something should be done ref. gameplay

As a first western attack heli i would take the Cobra too... Ch 47 had the gunship variant, don t know bout the CH 53... of course the 53 is a beauty... but focus of DCS is SHOT EM :-)

but i would take a H60 gunship too :-)

Edited by BlueMax

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Guilty as charged... :lol:

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

No more UH family, How about any variant or variety of this bird??

attachment.php?attachmentid=171051&stc=1&d=1508697255

+1

But I don't believe it's possible due to legal reasons.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

he following will not be possible the be simulated at any cause

SATCOM satellite communications

Secure/anti-jam communications

These areas, even if DCS would bring the Satelite communication in as soon there might be a globe to fly on, these systems are highly classified.

To hot to touch

Is that for the lynx?

I'm not voting because there are no choices for me. There are more than two versions of the Sikorski S-70 family. With the current fleshing out of the naval aspect of DCS, I'd rather see the MH-60S or HH-60H both of which have some interesting weapons options. Of course what I really want most of all is a CH-53E.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

MH-60K/M please, glass cockpit, in flight refueling, terrain following radar, handsome ...

Blackhawk has to be at least glass cockpit to bring something really new to DCS, HH-60G is a little bit too old.

Edited by cypc

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

I agree with Vampyre an MH-60S or HH-60H, even an MH-60R would be a cool addition and fit well into the WIP naval arm of the game.

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz l 32 GB DDR3 l MSI 1080ti l Gigabyte 97ZX l TrackIR + DelanClip l TM Warthog HOTAS l CH Pedals

AV-8B l AJS-37 l A-10A l A-10C l F-15C l F-16C l F-5E l F-14A/B l F-86F l F/A-18C l Hawk l M2000 l MiG 29 l NTTR l Persian Gulf l Su-27 l Su-33 l Su-25 l Supercarrier l L-39 l UH-1 l

MH-60K/M please, glass cockpit, in flight refueling, terrain following radar, handsome ...

Blackhawk has to be at least glass cockpit to bring something really new to DCS, HH-60G is a little bit too old.

I'd love to have a MH-60M WAYYYY more than I'd like to have the HH-60G. The thing is that the MH-60M is a lot more modern and, hence, harder to get a hold of documentation and more complex to model. The pro of the HH-60G is that it has a lot of fairly simple systems which are still way beyond those of any other utility helicopter in DCS at the moment. Also it's pretty much just a beefed up UH-60A so you'd get two models in one sweep, much like HeatBlur's F-14A/B stint. But yeah, MH-60M would be a dream come true! :D

DCS Wishlist:

I'd rather see an Army variant since those have been the work horses and mainstay in the current GWOT theaters, majority of dustoff operations have been carried out by Army Blackhawk crews... Either way I would love to see any variant of that bird.

Ex Alto Vincimus

I'd much rather have an Apache or Cobra.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet