What about a C160 Transall ?

morse

I'd pay 40$ max for a welldone transport plane. But probably would only get one.

I do not agree "don't do x when you can do y instead" mentality towards DCS modules. I may not buy everything but they all add to DCS in a way and they all have their fans.

If a developer decides doing any particular aircraft is a good idea, let them do it, whether it'll sell well or not is their risk to take, and while I may have many other aircraft I would prefer before, my prference shouln't be to detriment of diversity.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

That's right, but you forgat the most important consideration: What are the devs able to do. Meaning, is there enough documentation available to develop a certain aircraft to the standards of DCS (classification) and can they get the rights to do so (license)?

I didn't forget, I simply ignored it since there are literally thousands of possibilities even if you ignore every single transport ever made. Many of those thousands will be possible, though not all.

I'd pay 40$ max for a welldone transport plane. But probably would only get one.

I do not agree "don't do x when you can do y instead" mentality towards DCS modules. I may not buy everything but they all add to DCS in a way and they all have their fans.

If a developer decides doing any particular aircraft is a good idea, let them do it, whether it'll sell well or not is their risk to take, and while I may have many other aircraft I would prefer before, my prference shouln't be to detriment of diversity.

I agree variety is important. I have absolutely no interest in buying every single 4th generation fighter ever made. I have the Mirage, will add the F-18C and would like to add an eastern equivalent if ever made, but that's it. I have no interest in an F-14/15/16 in addition to those aircraft. The thing is, there is a staggeringly huge list of aircraft not in DCS that aren't transports that fill roles that DCS doesn't represent well or at all. We do not have a single production attack helicopter (Ka-50 is prototype), we do not have a single scout helicopter (Gazelle will fix this, but still missing eastern equivalent), we do not have a single eastern 4th gen fighter, we do not have a single 3rd gen fighter of any nationality, we do not have a single super sonic attacker, we do not have... get the idea? Transports are on that list of do not haves, but I don't think many people would place them as a higher priority than all the other things we don't have.

• 2 weeks later...

FSX, X-Plane & Prepar3D here.

IMO DCS does choppers really well. I'm hoping that eventually it will expand to include civilian aircraft and I would ditch all my other flightsims in favour of DCS if it had an expanded *real* world environment AND civilian aircraft (transports will be a good start).

Keep in mind that over the the years I have spent a LOT of money on my civilian flying fix. My expenditure on DCS has been a splash in the bucket by comparison .. and I know that I'm not unique in this.

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

• 3 weeks later...
FSX, X-Plane & Prepar3D here.

IMO DCS does choppers really well. I'm hoping that eventually it will expand to include civilian aircraft and I would ditch all my other flightsims in favour of DCS if it had an expanded *real* world environment AND civilian aircraft (transports will be a good start).

Keep in mind that over the the years I have spent a LOT of money on my civilian flying fix. My expenditure on DCS has been a splash in the bucket by comparison .. and I know that I'm not unique in this.

Agreed. And personally, many people are forgetting one of, if not the most important, part of any sustained combat is logistics. If you can't get your assets on station to project whatever fast fighters/choppers or ground units in a meaningful way then you can't fight a war, period.

I'd buy it as long as those facets are integrated as well.

Edited by adonai

Ah ok, didn't know that because I'm not up to date with all WWII fighters and other modules relesead after :music_whistling:

@Lima : yeah I forgot that ! It's true that the C160 can refuel other aircraft with it's own fuel.

However, even with that I don't believe that polychop will make only a refueling campaign :lol:

So as we said fixed wing like C160 could :

- land on grass/road/airfield

- refuel if fonction integrated

We just haven't the "more" important : paratroopers :cry:

So the C160 will stay a "DCS dream" until we have paratroopers I think..

-------------------------------

So if the C160 is a dream, what about an EC725 Caracal ? It's a bit like the french combination of a huey and an mi8 :D

It may be less dificult to introduce in game and built a campaign around it.

It can make sling load, insertion, SAR, CSAR, CAS, Spec Ops, air-refueling ... And the Gazelle need a friend !

Some pics of the "beast" :music_whistling:

EC-725.jpg

20141022224237_ec.jpg

ec725-air-to-air1-2x.jpg

EC725_caracal.jpg

It looks so sweety. I wanne touch it :joystick:

• 6 months later...
While I think a transport airplane would be cool....I see that more in the realm of FSX and X-plane. I think what you would need it at least some method to fire at something to qualify as "Combat" in Digital Combat Simulator. So I would recommend the AC-130.....lots of firepower.

Yeah ! Every mission with the Spooky will be accomplished in 2 minutes ...:)

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

Yeah ! Every mission with the Spooky will be accomplished in 2 minutes ...:)

Unless the enemy is something else than poor insurgents without decent AA and fighter jets ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

any cargo plane is instant buy for me

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5