L-39C tutorial series

xxJohnxx

Hi John excellent video I got it all immediately well done:thumbup:

I have just done a little testing since watching and confirm no signal from 129 Senaki inner but 156 senaki outer works. Gali NDB on 525 works and inner and outer |Sukhumi 995 and 489 all work as should.

I have a theory which may or may not be correct, Neither radio channels or NDB's work properly in the quick missions but starting with a mission generated by the user stops this problem?

Did you make the tutorial with the quick mission?

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have just done a little testing since watching and confirm no signal from 129 Senaki inner but 156 senaki outer works. Gali NDB on 525 works and inner and outer |Sukhumi 995 and 489 all work as should.

I have a theory which may or may not be correct, Neither radio channels or NDB's work properly in the quick missions but starting with a mission generated by the user stops this problem?

Did you make the tutorial with the quick mission?

Thanks for the testing! Strange, the Gali NDB didn't work for me either. And yes, I created a mission from scratch. Not sure what the problem was. As far as I know I did everything like mentioned in the manual.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Yeah Johns DCS tutorials are really good.

Simple and easy to understand explanations.

Indeed. John's tutorial videos and Chuck's guides are one of the best resources for new players! I often recommend them to my friends who are starting with DCS. I try to convert people to the sim religion whenever I get the chance :lol:

Good job John! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

Right on! People that take the time and effort to do this type of stuff for the community deserve all the accolades coming their way.

Huge :thumbup:

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Thanks for the posetive feedback! Really appricated!

Always good to keep the motivation up for more videos :thumbup:

What would you guys actually like to see? Kinda holding off with the RSBN for a bit, as there have been some problems. So not to sure what to do next... :joystick:

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

As there are some problems with navigation I would vote for a gunsight or bombing tutorial :music_whistling:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Was flying along merely today, then all of a sudden engine flamed out, generator warning light etc. Systems were powered by what looked like a ram air turbine (RAT)

Managed to restart with a few feet between me and mother earth to spare and got going, but engine was a under-powered. Then had a J.R.T 730 deg C warning on.

Managed to limp back and land though.

I flicked a switch or did something wrong, or a random failure?

Edited by Vlerkies

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

As there are some problems with navigation I would vote for a gunsight or bombing tutorial :music_whistling:

Okay, I will have a look into that! No promises though, as it turned out that I can't hit a ground target with bombs even if it is the size of a football field :music_whistling:

I flicked a switch or did something wrong, or a random failure?

Hmm, could have been a bird strike possibly? Do you have random failures and birds turned on?

I'm not able to fire ub-16 :(

you have to check that the firing trigger is unlocked on the stick. The keyboard combination is LCtrl +Space.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I7 7700K@5.2GHZ+ NZXT X62 AIO Water cooling MSI Z270 Gaming M7 + CORSAIRE VENGEANCE PRO 16GB @3200MHZ DDR4 + MSI GTX1080ti gaming edition+ SSD SAMSUNG 850EVO PRO 128 Go + SSD SAMSUNG 850EVO PRO 240 Go + HDD SAMSUNG 1 To+ HDD SEAGATE 3 To

Asus ROG Swift PG348Q / Oculus rift

Case Coolermaster Mastercase 6 + CORSAIRE RM750W

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog +Logitech G rudder pedals

I cannot fire ONLY if my plane is empty in mission editor and I call a rearm.

If I setup it before entering mission the ub-16 fires.

Probably a bug.

Can someone confirm it?

I'm flying since 1988 (Flight Simulator 3.0) :pilotfly:

Hmm, could have been a bird strike possibly? Do you have random failures and birds turned on?

Bird Strikes is off.

It was a main generator failure at low alt high speed, managed to climb and get it started again just before being forced to ditch. Just got enough power to continue flight and miss the earth :)

Poor engine performance on the way to the field, followed by engine surge failure, then some icing light while i was pretty low on short finals.

Anyway got down safe and sound.

Had the main gen failure again last night.

Restarted and landed.

Not sure why its happening guess random failure tab is on, need to print out the Chapter 5 in the manual and keep it close by.

:joystick::pilotfly:

It was all quite exciting and took me by complete surprise. I will be better prepared next time round though!

Edited by Vlerkies

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just got another video uploaded for you guys!

This time I will show you how to use the RSBN for navigating as well as the PRMG for landing.

The PRMG bit at the end is to show the principle. Might do a more in-depth tutorial on that at a later point.

Best regards,

John