3rd unanounced helicopter speculation

QuiGon

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is a Airbus helicopter than i guess it will be one of the following:

H125, H135 or H145M militarised versions

Armament: Rockets, gunpods and A2G missiles (Not on all)

Eurocopter Panther AS565

Armament: A2A missiles, A2G missiles and anti submarine.

H215 or H225 transport (cougar, super puma)

Armament: Rockets, 20mm cannons.

NH-90

Armament: Rockets, anti submarine.

Tiger UHT, HAD, HAP or ARH

Armament: Everything your heart desires.

Edited by fixen

For the third helicopter developpement, what about the AS330 Puma ? Would fit perfectly with the gazelle, it's still flying nowadays all around the globe in every climates, and I don't think there would a lot of be "defense security sensitive" systems...And of course, there is plenty of documentation available for this chopper

Will love to see a Puma, thats for sure. As you say it is flying almost everywhere.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

A Tiger, Panther (armed) or H135 (armed) would be interesting to me, I'd probably pass on a Puma or NH-90 though. I can't say I understand the appeal of them, they strike me as the chopper equivalent of a school bus. Even a basic UH-60A would be more fun than that imho.

Well, an even bigger school bus is the Mi-8. That's what I thought first then I started to fly with it and I love it so much!:P

If we got the gazelle, the puma and the tiger, then everything is ready for a French ALAT virtual squadron! Just need a syria and mali map. OK, that's a lot of 'if's.:megalol:

I've only spoken to one pilot about them but the words "that piece of shit" were used.

Yeah, you can hear similar stuff here as well. The NH90 is full of problems. Some samples:

- They are very susceptible to corrosion, which is a big problem especially for the navy variants

- The seats and the rear ramp can't hold the weight of fully equiped soldiers

- The planned CSAR variant had to be canceled, because it became clear that the NH90 isn't capable of that role

- We almost lost one helicopter on deployment when one of its engines blew up. That alone is bad enough but the automatically triggered fire extinguishing system caused the avionics to go crazy which caused a series of malfunctions including overspeed protection failure, MFDs went off, flashing cabin light, unconctrolled movement of the ramp and the windshield wipers, ....

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, an even bigger school bus is the Mi-8. That's what I thought first then I started to fly with it and I love it so much!:P

If we got the gazelle, the puma and the tiger, then everything is ready for a French ALAT virtual squadron! Just need a syria and mali map. OK, that's a lot of 'if's.:megalol:

True, but the Mi-8 also represents around 99.999999% of the eastern block + third world utility helicopter force. Ubiquity certainly counts for something, it's the main reason I bought it.

True, but the Mi-8 also represents around 99.999999% of the eastern block + third world utility helicopter force. Ubiquity certainly counts for something, it's the main reason I bought it.

And, looking at map of operators, it's extremely popular in "first world" as well! Plenty of users in Europe and North American, both civilian and military.

So, sales don't go just to "third world", but also countries with their own production. Heck, US military has bought a large bunch of them directly from Russia (which made the Congress mad-badger angry). Granted, most of them were bought to equip the Afghani aviation, but US Army still operates it's own Mi's. Even if only for the purpose of training it's troops for a war with that chopper's originating country.

EDIT: I'm probably one of the few ones who doesn't really have a long wish list. :D My desires were met with the Mi-8 (and to a much lower degree with Ka-50) and the only other chopper that I really wish for is the Hind and maybe some Soviet heavy lifter like the Mi-10/6/26 IF it is capable of recovering a downed chopper to return it to base for repair - and thus keeping the player from having to respawn. I know we'll never get a Mi-28 or Mi-35 or Ka-52 because they're classified. Oh, one of the Navy Ka's would be fun perhaps, but not much useful what with the really limited Naval aspect of the game.

And I don't have any interest in any of the European birds, much less about things like Apache or Cobra.

Thus, I'm pleased already. :)

Edited by tovivan

Why do people always think that projects are not entirely possible cause there is some part or some avionic classified do to some code or frequenze ?

I figured that much more is possible then we assume it could be.

;-)

Maybe that gives a little push to the speculatons ?

Tiger it is.

My most hoped for chopper, don't forget APKWS, we (Australian Army) have just tested them (not IOC, but all working well apparently) and France has just ordered some more so they must be working out alright.

Syntax error, please excuse my inebriated English.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Well, i expect that any military airframe has some avionic, code or frequenze classified. So i would say that narrows it down to, all of them?

Sorry, i am more of a logistics guy. I like to think there's still hope for an NH-90 or the like in the not so distant future.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurocopter Tigre HAD confirmed? :pilotfly:

What about Tiger UHT? ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Why later?

I think the SA342M fits to any other combination, even to ah64 and others, so I am not really sure why anything cool should be pushed further down the road, which is not a statement to anything on our production line, but imagine you can fly in an sr71 tomorrow but would also like to fly an t38 before but the offer for the t38 is next week, would you wait for the talon and let the sr71 flight pass by? I would not

As i want the most accurate system, i guess it's more easy to have information from a 70's system than something from 2000.

You don't have database for RWR's Gazelle so the Tiger...

Some years ago, i worked on Gazelle and Puma, that's why i'm waiting for it.

Just my point of view, don't worry.

People fly planes, pilots fly helicopters

But we do have a RWR in our Gazelle and we already stated what we had to change to give you guys an RWR in the gazelle cause it is classified.

So there are ways to handel certain things and not violate any laws or restrictions.

Sure fact is, you will not get the permission to model a F22 raptor with all systems to 100%, but maybe to 80%.

I've only spoken to one pilot about them but the words "that piece of shit" were used.

Heard the same - hoping to crawl over one in Jan.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Why do people always think that projects are not entirely possible cause there is some part or some avionic classified do to some code or frequenze ?

I figured that much more is possible then we assume it could be.

Because that's the most frequent excuse we get.

And because of that we try to console ourselves/fool ourselves that this excuse really holds so it makes us feel better. And becaues we don't want to be Don Kihots.

Honestly I call BS on many of these excuses, for example when it comes to the Su-30 - the plane has been sold around the globe for the last 20 years and I'm positive Russia's enemies have gotten their hands on it, so there's nothing really secret about it anymore; it should therefore be no problem to model it accurately enough for FC3. But we still keep hearing classified.

And, in the end when it comes to this, what do we stand to win fighting against wind-mills or hitting with our heads against a brick wall?

That's why we just, resignedly, accept this "it's classified".