[RESOLVED]Game screen freezing but sounds are live

LTRMcrew

I've been having an issue with DCS where the screen freezes but the sound remains live. Generally this is happening when entering a slot or after dying and pressing ESC to select slot again. I haven't been able to pin point where exactly this is happening, but it's happening fairly often and requires Task manger to close DCS and restart. Log attached. I only fly the hornet so i'm not sure if it's specific to that or not.

dcs - Copy.zip

Game screen freezing but sounds are live

I've been having an issue with DCS where the screen freezes but the sound remains live. Generally this is happening when entering a slot or after dying and pressing ESC to select slot again. I haven't been able to pin point where exactly this is happening, but it's happening fairly often and requires Task manger to close DCS and restart. Log attached. I only fly the hornet so i'm not sure if it's specific to that or not.

• ED Team

Hi

please see my guide below for crash it may help.

If it does not please attach your dcs log we may see some clues inside.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Thanks I have merged the post here.

First thing is to make sure windows and your display driver are up to date.

Then run a cleanup and repair ( or verify is steam version )

I would also increase your pagefile size it may help

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=230471

let us know it is helps, if not please attach your fresh dcs log and we will take another look.

Thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

In regards to pagefile, I have the drive that DCS is on set with 32768-32768, but the main OS drive is set lower. The "overall" pagefile says "9,350" (ish, it was 9k something) available. Even though the DCS drive is higher. I'm not sure how exactly it's calculating or if the OS drive overrides everything else?

• ED Team

Windows will use which ever dive you have selected to be the pagefile, my advice would be to use the fastest one and use the suggest size in the link.

Hmmm further researching this: Windows 10 will likely use the "least active drive". I have three drives OS on SSD (small older one which is almost full), and 2 HDD. I had all three with pagefiles but system info was showing only 9GB ish of pagefile which is all I could afford on the SSD… so I removed the pagefile on the SSD and left it on the two other HDD with 16384-16384 on each. Voila the pagefile jumped up.

Further testing to follow but hopefully this did solve the issue.

• ED Team
Hmmm further researching this: Windows 10 will likely use the "least active drive". I have three drives OS on SSD (small older one which is almost full), and 2 HDD. I had all three with pagefiles but system info was showing only 9GB ish of pagefile which is all I could afford on the SSD… so I removed the pagefile on the SSD and left it on the two other HDD with 16384-16384 on each. Voila the pagefile jumped up.

Further testing to follow but hopefully this did solve the issue.

Great to hear, I will mark this resolved.

thanks!