Black Shark 3?

QuiGon

• 2 months later...
So, we will get serial production model?

No. The serial production model had far more advanced glass cockpit and all kind other systems.

What we get is a slight buff with some disabled systems enabled and some backported systems as ED sees to fit.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Word on the street is 2020

My guess is Q2 2020, and the Mi24 after that in Q3/Q4.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

My guess is Q2 2020, and the Mi24 after that in Q3/Q4.

Q1-Q2 for KA-50. Depends that have they managed already redo its flight modeling.

Boizzz, i spotted L140 switch and L370E50 President S switch nice !!! :D

So president S is the MAWS,

What is the L140 switch (Iglas?)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

bring it on!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

So president S is the MAWS,

What is the L140 switch (Iglas?)

Basically VITEBSK L370E50 system E50 means for Ka-50 include few subsystems,

I don't know how many systems we will get, but L140 Otlik is laser warning system it is already in Ka50, L370-5 President S Is directional infrared counter measure system, it will try to blind ir seeker of the missile I think it will try blind every missile coz it's not capable to recognize type of missile, L136 Mak-UFM is missile approach warning system it will detect missile by its rocket engine coz it's hot and after burnout it will see hot nose of the missile coz of friction we can see the sensors on the Ka50 they are not working , Mak-UFM and L370-5 DIRCM are integrated to display, in Ka50 I saw only one which is KABRIS, I saw one switch L140 left of Kabris, and 3 switches called L370 , so one probably for dircm, one for maws, and one for ? I don't know maybe there is SPO32 radar warning receiver but it's only my thinking top right corner of the cockpit there is new thing may its SPO32 RWR or it's new flare dispenser panel where we can set auto semi auto or manual mode for flare dispensing ? I saw only shape of this not letters, also SPO32 is capable of programming anti radiation missiles like KH25MP, correct me if I'm wrong ..., Vitebsk system include radar warning receiver so it should be implemented ... but I think we will again get not full upgrade ....maybe someone else know more than me and can say something I just love the helo ..., even without iglas I can a2a fight with vichrs in AA mode with proximity fuze it's just killin mchine

Edited by Bolec

As there is no photo of KA-50 with IGLA like KA-52 has, as well no photo of KA-50 with third pylon like KA-50-2 and later KA-52.

There are all the parts, all the systems but none is in the one exact KA-50.

So what ED does is that they take functional systems and makes educated guess how to implement them in manner how KA-50 was planned to be.

8d6349613464ed918c8fdfabb01b95f2.gif

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

Sorry Fri13 I was absent, look iglas on ground iglas under pylon

2039932998_98032107(1).jpeg.65e77d3ca8751f93182e2bcd20930016.jpeg

44ka50_5.jpg.b6ec596dc7f9ff9f1e6992f3cf73627f.jpg

Edited by Bolec

Basically VITEBSK L370E50 system E50 means for Ka-50 include few subsystems,

I don't know how many systems we will get, but L140 Otlik is laser warning system it is already in Ka50, L370-5 President S Is directional infrared counter measure system, it will try to blind ir seeker of the missile I think it will try blind every missile coz it's not capable to recognize type of missile, L136 Mak-UFM is missile approach warning system it will detect missile by its rocket engine coz it's hot and after burnout it will see hot nose of the missile coz of friction we can see the sensors on the Ka50 they are not working , Mak-UFM and L370-5 DIRCM are integrated to display, in Ka50 I saw only one which is KABRIS, I saw one switch L140 left of Kabris, and 3 switches called L370 , so one probably for dircm, one for maws, and one for ? I don't know maybe there is SPO32 radar warning receiver but it's only my thinking top right corner of the cockpit there is new thing may its SPO32 RWR or it's new flare dispenser panel where we can set auto semi auto or manual mode for flare dispensing ? I saw only shape of this not letters, also SPO32 is capable of programming anti radiation missiles like KH25MP, correct me if I'm wrong ..., Vitebsk system include radar warning receiver so it should be implemented ... but I think we will again get not full upgrade ....maybe someone else know more than me and can say something I just love the helo ..., even without iglas I can a2a fight with vichrs in AA mode with proximity fuze it's just killin mchine

Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to the upgraded KA50.

• 3 weeks later...

Wishlist for the Ka-50 Update: Being able to put 2 or 3-way ingame switches on a 2 or 3-way switch on the HOTAS. The current controls are really a mess like in FC3 planes: switch up -> gear up -> switch down -> nothing -> switch up again -> gear down.

Gone for good.

Wishlist for the Ka-50 Update: Being able to put 2 or 3-way ingame switches on a 2 or 3-way switch on the HOTAS. The current controls are really a mess like in FC3 planes: switch up -> gear up -> switch down -> nothing -> switch up again -> gear down.

Yes! :thumbup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

+1

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

+1 as the Ka-50 is the worst in this regard, but IMHO, this should be a mandatory requirement for all the modules. Not sure why ED is ignoring this.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Vitebsk system include radar warning receiver so it should be implemented ...

Yes, the system includes RWR and all the other functions. But the manufacturer provides a "kits" of the system for different platforms (like KA-50, KA-52, Mi-8, Su-25 etc) that each includes different sensors to the system.

So while all would use the Vitebsk system, not all are equal.

But something that I do not accept in ED for BS3 is the modification of the KABRIS to work as screen to it, if they do not know how KABRIS would have it. As what I know is that the President-S system has own dedicated display, that would be ED job to put inside the cockpit if they have no better information how it would be implemented to KABRIS.

But problem seems to be, that ED does not make the glass cockpit version of the KA-50 that has the President-S, so they are holding to 2001 KA-50 version, instead 2008 version that would have proper displays.

+1 as the Ka-50 is the worst in this regard, but IMHO, this should be a mandatory requirement for all the modules. Not sure why ED is ignoring this.

ED implemented the standard for the switches just middle of 2019.

Left mouse click pushes switch that is horizontal always to left. Right click to the right. If it is vertical, then left mouse button switch to up, right click to down.

The same thing is with the mouse wheel and now the many other different small things. Even the Oculus Touch Controllers got the mini-sticks work as left/right click by pushing forward/backward and scrolling with left/right etc.

But these configs should be changed as well sot that there would be means to bind settings multiple ways without any modding or tweaking.

Like your mentioned FC3 switch "Gear Up" and "Gear Up/Down" but why no "Gear Down"?

From what I know, there is no RWR on new Ka-50 DLC. R-73 coupled together with helmet mounted sight would be great, but probably not realistic ;)

That would be complete lack of improvisation from the Kamov engineers, considering that they already have the HUD with HMS, helmet with the sight and the whole weapons system is designed around pilot designating targets with the monocle and even aiming cannon with monocle while flying toward target.

And then the weapons system engineers who are given R-73, wouldn't integrate the missile capability to have its seeker sleeved to HMS in all other platforms, in KA-50. But would instead be like "Naeh, we just turn this extremely agile A-A missile work like a boresighted IGLA so pilot needs to turn this whole big helicopter upwards the air threat..."?

No... Not logical.

Sorry Fri13 I was absent, look iglas on ground iglas under pylon

The funny thing is, I might have never looked on the right side of the photo where the IGLA is on the ground, as it is symmetric otherwise.

Memory is doing now its tricks questioning have I noticed that before or not. But I have not seen that another photo previously where IGLA is hanged to the KA-50, only that one where they are on ground.

But I still hold my opinion that I am not going to exchange Vikhrs to IGLA's and use only cannon and rockets. If I could exchange rockets to IGLA, and keep Vikhrs too, that would be another special case sometimes. Unless ED can dramatically fix the rockets performance and actually implement the S-8Kor so we can get guided rockets....

I haven't heard of any need or desire to touch the FMs right now.

But there was mention of the FM changes for all helicopters just 2018-2019 period, what was one of the reasons said to be pushing KA-50 further to future?