Start-Up Problem

WilloUK

hi guys

Hope some 1 can help.

Since the latest Beta Update I can no longer get the Harrier to start up. Had no problems before. It will start up if I do a auto start , even done the training mission for cold and dark start-up but still wont start-up nothing, its when I go to flick the battery switch nothing happens

Had no problems before,

Any ideas

Thanks

I'm not having a problem either. I fly the Harrier almost every day and always start from cold.

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

I only have openbeta installed. Was in the Harrier just yesterday and did a couple of startups as I always do and without issue.

I would suggest using one of the know methods -- eg Chuck's Guide -- and seeing if that works for you, because it apparently works for everyone else.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Dumb question, but the battery switch itself doesn’t do anything except power a few systems to start the apu. You won’t notice anything really change in the cockpit. Click the engine start switch immediately after battery and once the engine is up and running everything in the cockpit will come alive.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. There was no question.

B. The battery switch powers all the systems required to start the engine. No panel lighting nor spot lamps (although honestly, I've never tested those as I rarely use them), but at least also the intercom to the ground crew. If you close the canopy and do not turn on the battery and turn up AUX the ground crew will ignore (not hear) your requests.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

8<

when I go to flick the battery switch nothing happens

8<

So the switch doesn't flip?

If it does flip:

When you flip the switch the DC Voltmeter doesn't move and shows 0?

When you flip the switch and you turn the EDP (Engine Display Panel) brightness control knob, the EDP doesn't light up?

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Battery switch on volts read correct, when I flip the eng start swich the engine does not spool up

Check the following :-

• Throttle in cut off position (Throttle Back/Cut off stop raised [RWin+T])

• Battery Switch - ON

• DECS Switch - ON (up)

• Fuel Shut Off Lever - Dn

• LH+RH Fuel Pump Switches - Normal (Forward)

• Engine Start to ENG ST

(engine spools to 9.2%)

• Move throttle i.e. forward to idle position

(engine spools to 28.5%, FF, JPT increases ~391°C)

Continue startup as normal, see Chuck's Guide (page 65) for more detail.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AxKvVeNgc1ddXa_xH9W8tEdAblI_Mc5i

If you still have problems, please post a track of your startup attempt.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080