DMT SLAVE TO WAYPOINT - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-14-2018, 09:24 AM   #1
CHRISXTR3M3

Default DMT SLAVE TO WAYPOINT

Razbam, thank you so much for implementing this feature while you guys are still hard at work on the full INS systems.

Great job!

***EDIT***: ADDED SUBTITLES TO ASSIST IN FOLLOWING THE STEPS!

here's a little video to demonstrate how I got it to work on 2.5.1

Last edited by CHRISXTR3M3; 05-14-2018 at 03:52 PM.
CHRISXTR3M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 04:40 PM   #2
clanitho

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISXTR3M3 View Post
Razbam, thank you so much for implementing this feature while you guys are still hard at work on the full INS systems.

Great job!

***EDIT***: ADDED SUBTITLES TO ASSIST IN FOLLOWING THE STEPS!

here's a little video to demonstrate how I got it to work on 2.5.1

Yes but tpod is slaved to nothing
MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 16 GO - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits
clanitho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 05:12 PM   #3
CHRISXTR3M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanitho View Post
Yes but tpod is slaved to nothing

The DMT is slaved to where the Waypoint is. That doesn't mean that there will be a target right at the Waypoint location. If that is what you are referring to that is. It's the same as when the A-10C TPOD is slaved to waypoint, you don't get an automatic target at your slaved sight...you have to then look for targets.

The TPOD DOES have a SLAVE function...but at the time of this video it is not fully functional. But by having the DMT slaved to waypoint, you can then Make TV your sensor of interest, assign the ground, and then switch to TPOD and use the HUD reticles in conjunction with each other to get the TPOD to look where your DMT is looking.

RAZBAM is still hard at work in implementing full INS and TPOD functions along with many others. I am sure we will be seeing some of these functions come to life soon
Old 05-14-2018, 08:41 PM   #4
clanitho

Quote:
you can then Make TV your sensor of interest, assign the ground...,
How are tout doing that ?
MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 16 GO - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits
Old 05-14-2018, 09:11 PM   #5
CHRISXTR3M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanitho View Post
How are tout doing that ?

To change which sensor is activated it the key binding for Sensor Select FWD/AFT. It will be displayed in top left corner of MFCD DMT/MAV screen which sensor is currently selected.

To assign/target the ground, you use the key binding for Sensor Select Down. That is similar to the A-10Cs TMS Up "Short" to create SPI. Or like the Mirage 2000C A/G designate for CCRP bombing.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:49 PM   #6
sideshow

Quote:
To change which sensor is activated it the key binding for Sensor Select FWD/AFT. It will be displayed in top left corner of MFCD DMT/MAV screen which sensor is currently selected.

To assign/target the ground, you use the key binding for Sensor Select Down. That is similar to the A-10Cs TMS Up "Short" to create SPI. Or like the Mirage 2000C A/G designate for CCRP bombing.
Maybe make a straight step-by-step tutorial video on this? Getting rid of the chatter with the wingmanwould make it easier to follow along. Good stuff though, wish they would update the manual to include things like this.
sideshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 04:40 PM   #7
clanitho

Quote:

Thanks for your explanation, will try that.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:36 PM   #8
CHRISXTR3M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshow View Post
Maybe make a straight step-by-step tutorial video on this? Getting rid of the chatter with the wingmanwould make it easier to follow along. Good stuff though, wish they would update the manual to include things like this.

Will make a step-by-step tutorial on how to do this tonight. I will update this thread with the video.

I had issues with the audio tracks and that is why the wingman chatter is overwhelming. I did script out the instructions coming from my mic to the closed captions to make it understandable. Either way new tutorial with step-by-step function will be uploaded tonight.

Last edited by CHRISXTR3M3; 05-15-2018 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:36 AM   #9
SUNTSAG

Hi All,

I created a little video showing how this works in the following thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...0&postcount=12

Cheers
Old 05-16-2018, 03:52 PM   #10
clanitho

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNTSAG View Post
Hi All,

I created a little video showing how this works in the following thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...0&postcount=12

Cheers
The question was about Tpod not Maverick.
After having designated waypoint , Dmt is positionned on this spi but if you activate Tpod , it is not possible to put it automaticaly on this spi.