Gazelle cockpit mouse pan/zoom not working 2.5.0.12843?

crcr7

After later corrupting DCS 2.5 completely (?? trying to load old .miz file from 2.2???) I did a repair install and recreated ..\Saved Games\DSC World OpenBeta from scratch. That has fixed it. No idea how I broke it in the first place.

Did you try to update with your JSGME mods active?
No. Not really sure exactly when I broke it so hard to say. I did the 2.2 to 2.5 merge install and somehow broke it in the process of setting everything up. Had not put any mods in yet. Works fine now.

What I can't get to work right now in the latest build (2.5.0.14304) is the video box controller vertical pan and heading sync in auto hover. If I press "E" to sync the helicopter heading with the video system the helicopter just keeps turning right through the correct heading and the video view turns with it (doesn't stay stabilized and sync up like it used to). Also the video view and cross hairs just keeps drifting slowly downward requiring constant tapping of the ; key to hold on target. Can't seem to get the pan functions (vertical or horizontal) to successfully map to any joystick axes either(?).

Is there something new that has to be done to get it to stabilize like it would in earlier versions or is this a bug?

[Edit - I think this is a bug as I just discovered that if I stay in the pilot's seat the video control box and HOT3 aiming system works normally - As soon as I go the the gunner's seat with the "2" key the sight starts drifting and the heading sync no longer works correctly]

Edited by crcr7
new info

• 3 months later...

I just discovered the same issue as far as using the Joystick to manipulate the Video Box Controller.

I was always able to use a Hat Switch to pan the cross hairs (up, down, left, right) and then use the Cyclic to FINE TUNE the panning (at least in Single Player ... Offline).

Without the ability to Fine Tune the cross hairs, it is a pain trying to zero in on any small or moving targets, especially if the chopper is moving as opposed to hovering. Even in a hover it's very difficult.

Please Bring Back the option to use our Joystick/Cyclic to manipulate the Video Box Controller. ASAP.

SnowTiger:joystick: