• Panavia Tornado GR.4
    • Panavia Tornado F.3
    • MiG-29SM "Fulcrum-C"
    • MiG-29K "Fulcrum-D"
    • MiG-35 "Fulcrum-F"
    • Other-Post In Comment

F-22 Raptor

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flaming Cliffs 4 Discussion / wishlist / thoughts - post HERE!

now that wags pulled the hat out of the bag about FC4,

LETS DISCUSS!

what are you guys wishes for a future potential flaming cliffs update?

which aircraft and why? what roles have been lacking?

Ill kick this discussion off ;)

I HOPE FLAMING CLIFFS 4 WILL INCLUDE:

a) modern aircraft : since most players will be on caucausus map

b) multiseat aircraft : since it is so hard to sync network states between players, client/server.. maybe multiseat aircraft in FC4 is more possible, maybe even to include 3+ player slots in one aircraft in a multiplayer session since Flaming Cliff aircraft is less detailed than DCS aircraft. Think A6 intruder, Su34 fullback

c) give us Helicopters!!! hoping that classified system info would be less of an issue, maybe the AH-64 apache can be possible! along wit kiowa warrior, Mi28 havok, etc

d) cater to VR virtual reality, include pilot body! since Flaming cliffs aircraft dont require as much of a complex control set, i always was able to handle FC3 planes in virtual reality through a HOTAS set like warthor or x52 since i am able to map most necessary commants to the HOTAS better than i would in DCS planes.

e) 5th gen planes? dont really care for JSF, but maybe someone here does.

i like to hear what you think, i hope wags and yo-yo and ED team can comment as well

https://imgur.com/eXZxiws

eXZxiws.jpg

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

I love Flaming Cliffs.

I used to hate Simple FC quality Aircraft.. but recently I've became a fond of AA combat with FC planes.

Can't wait for FC4! Will buy it whatever it is.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

meh, another FC 4 thread ? I am happy with what FC3 gave to me and unless it features a lot of game mechanics it hasn't until now I don't see a reason behind it.

Full fidelity aircraft is what it is *^^*. Besides if you get an aircraft in FC format, the chances of seeing a full simulation of it go even lower, right ?

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I wouldn't say a FC 4 format will lower the chance of an aircraft to go full fidelity. It probably never could have been a full fidelity in first place. But a FC version is ALOT better than no aircraft at all! And I would believe many flies FC cause its simply easier and gets more people to play DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro - Asus Z370 Prime A - i7-8700K @ 3.70GHz - 32 GB DDR4 - Nvidia GTX 1080 - Oculus Rift CV1 - HOTAS Warthog - CH Pro Pedals

Puukko - Kossu - HK Sininen Lenkki

Full fidelity aircraft is what it is *^^*. Besides if you get an aircraft in FC format, the chances of seeing a full simulation of it go even lower, right ?

Maybe true and I see your point. On the other hand. I would buy a full simulated SU 25 right away. Perhaps they would be made in other variations.

Intel I7 4770K, Evga 1080 FE, win10 64Pro, 32GB ram, TracIR 5, Hotas Warthog, MFD Cougar x2, MFG Crosswind

I completely support suggestion 2, I was thinking the same when reading the thread title.

Su-34 and an Intruder!

A tad more functionality would be appreciated like terrain following for the -34... :-)

If we are getting FC4 I really wish the aircraft included for a complete package eg. Vietnam era aircraft, Korean War aircraft, Israeli six day war aircraft or a splattering of modern 4th gen aircraft only (say Tornado, F16, SU30, Mig25, etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

If we are getting FC4 I really wish the aircraft included for a complete package eg. Vietnam era aircraft, Korean War aircraft, Israeli six day war aircraft or a splattering of modern 4th gen aircraft only (say Tornado, F16, SU30, Mig25, etc).

^

This!

I am not much interested in aircraft with SSM but it would totally make sense if it was giving us a "starter pack" for a famous conflict - to be eventually complemented by full fidelity modules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U are suggest dcs vietnam or dcs middle east.. NOT flaming cliffs 4

More maps separate player base. FC4 should cater to caucausus since not everyone will buy new maps

Edited by hannibal

No No No , ED No. If your going anywhere with this Take the F-15 (which was the most popular) and bring that module up to date with todays tech .Clickable cockpits and FM . The F-15's like the adopted child that never got let into the family.

It needs some lovin.........

or...Or ....OR..... Get keen and bring out a ......"General Dynamics F-111 Aardvark

Now there's an old girl that no ones had a shot at.

Edited by "Jimbo"

Totally missed the news that there will be an FC4. How cool is that. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

May be a stupid question, but what defines the FC series? I guess I ask this to know what the value is in going down this road again. I am totally fine with the path of full fidelity we have right now.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

If its Flaming Cliffs level of simulation, I hope ED to add newer types of modern aircraft which are fairly classified and can't be represented in high fidelity. Such as Rafale, Eurofighter, Gripen, Super Hornet, Su-35, J-10 etc.

Anything older than that should be represented in its full glory with full clickable cockpits and avionics systems.

I really hope they also bring all the current Flaming Cliffs aircraft to DCS standard - that will bring new life to the sim. One great way to do that is to offer this as a ASM upgrade. The newbie players will still have the easy learning curve and lower price and the experienced players will have the options to go full fidelity for a fee (which should be lower than the price of a new aircraft).

Edited by Airbuster

No No No , ED No. If your going anywhere with this Take the F-15 (which was the most popular) and bring that module up to date with todays tech .Clickable cockpits and FM . The F-15's like the adopted child that never got let into the family.

Now there's an old girl that no ones had a shot at.

F15E multi seat!!!!!!

May be a stupid question, but what defines the FC series? I guess I ask this to know what the value is in going down this road again. I am totally fine with the path of full fidelity we have right now.

My take of anything FC is medium fidelity non clickable aircraft..

Modern aircraft..like Typhon,f22,f35, su35 etc due to the fact that will be impossible to have high fidelity modules for them...at least in the near future....

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Would like to see:

-Eurofighter

-Tornado

-F-15 Silent Eagle (Maybe the proposed one with 16 missiles) As the "reduced" CSA would be easier to model than F-22 or F-35

-F-16A (The Guys who want a full fidelity F-16 deserve the upgraded ones in my opinion)

-A4 Skyhawk (Because why not)

(I know I'm a bit of a NATO fan boy but I can't help it, just not into the whole "eastern" thing)

I think FC4 should be some combination of stuff that is impossible to get in the game otherwise (especially RedFor planes like, say, the Su-34), or sub-versions of other things that are being developed and do not necessarily warrant their own module, like naval Phantoms. Iconic aircraft like Vietnam-era or WW2 planes deserve a full fidelity module imo.