A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification DLC - Page 16 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-25-2017, 08:10 PM   #151
Bersagliere81

On my 7th attempt I finally made it. It seems QFE is key for this mission.

I set QFE as ATC says, and I must say I have never heard FE complaining for my altitude. He always did in my other attempts.

Thanks for the support, frustration comes when you have no idea what's wrong, but this level of realism is what we really want
Intel i7-5820k
msi GTX 970
msi X99s SLI plus
16gb RAM
Hotas Warthog
Bersagliere81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:07 AM   #152
Axelerator

I'm happy you finally made it as I can definitely understand your frustration. Be aware though that it wasn't your fault. The mission designers are here to blame because the A-10 does not use QFE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederf View Post
USAF is the only operator of the A-10 and only uses QNH-type altimeter settings. The hardware of the airplane is based on QNH use. Taking off with a different setting miscalibrates the systems.

In airliner civil space (say long transits) the A-10 would reference pressure flight levels like any other airplane. When in the combat arena the altimeter would once again be set QNH to reference altitude at any height.

The tower can tell you QFE info if it wants but in most airplanes/operators in DCS it should be ignored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
Don't set QFE in the A-10C, doing so is not realistic (setting QNH is required in reality to calibrate the IFFCC on takeoff) and will cause issues like you're seeing will weapon delivery in areas with terrain elevations significantly above MSL, especially where there are major elevation changes such as mountains.0

QFE works well when flying VFR in very localised areas and with terrain elevations close to MSL (such as most of Europe) it doesn't work well in other situations.

Last edited by Axelerator; 10-27-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Axelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:01 AM   #153
mverahegen

Hi everyone,

Sure I am not the only one but I am working really hard on BTF #10. I am told I am too late on the 4th waypoint (Bullseye 030 @ 033) but my Navaids tell me I am right on time. I followed Recon Stewart video to the letter and still it is telling me I am too late
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZViVF4prKw).

I do not undertand why I am failling. Has someone got a clue?
Thank you!
mverahegen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:04 PM   #154
Sabre-TLA
3rd Party Campaign Creator

You have 5 mins from when the FE gives you the coordinates so the best method is to set your DTOT to current time + 5 mins and then try and fly as close to the waypoint as possible at the stated DTOT time.

The timer trigger starts at 10 seconds after the FE instructions (to account for the time for the FE instructions).

You can check your location on the F10 map as there is a ground unit placed at the waypoint location. You should be right over that unit by the DTOT time.
Sabre-TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:19 PM   #155
mverahegen

Thanks Sabre-TLA,

Great job on these missions by the way!

MV
mverahegen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:56 AM   #156
Locutos

Hi all, hope someone can help , as I have been stuck for weeks on advanced tactical trg mission 14. I have successfully destroyed target 1 the fixed radar and SAM site, I then move to IP Adder and contact Moonbeam and, after much messing with the gain on my TGP in AG mode, can successfully take out the 2 targets he calls with mavericks, I then try to contact Uzi but get no response, I have tried calling in FM 13 0 13 1 and 13 2 and I am on 124 on the AM radio but Uzi never responds, I take out the mobiles coming down the road and get a shack call then RTB when told. Instructor gives me a shut down and I will give you your results call but once my shut down is complete nothing happens to finish the mission. I know this has to be because I never got in contact with Uzi 1 1 but what do I have to do to get him up on the radio, so frustrating cuz I am loving these missions.
Locutos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:13 AM   #157
sterny70

BFT 05 practice mission mot working
In Version 1.5.8.12667 BFT05 Practice Mission is not working.
Heading towards Waypoint 3 it is advised to maintain Angels 6 and reduce
the speed to 160 Knots or less.
Exactly at Angels 6 with QFE set the lovely Announcement 'Terminate Terminate Terminate' triggers because of not holding the right altitude.

In spite of this is a training mission i am f***** upset cause i cannot finish the BFT. Weekend ruined!

Fix that please

Edit: Found a work around. Instead of maintaning 6000 ft climb to 5500 feet. Same in the Qualification Mission. Always climb 500 feet lower than instructed.

Last edited by sterny70; 12-16-2017 at 09:51 AM.
sterny70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 02:50 PM   #158
Sabre-TLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutos View Post
Hi all, hope someone can help , as I have been stuck for weeks on advanced tactical trg mission 14. I have successfully destroyed target 1 the fixed radar and SAM site, I then move to IP Adder and contact Moonbeam and, after much messing with the gain on my TGP in AG mode, can successfully take out the 2 targets he calls with mavericks, I then try to contact Uzi but get no response, I have tried calling in FM 13 0 13 1 and 13 2 and I am on 124 on the AM radio but Uzi never responds, I take out the mobiles coming down the road and get a shack call then RTB when told. Instructor gives me a shut down and I will give you your results call but once my shut down is complete nothing happens to finish the mission. I know this has to be because I never got in contact with Uzi 1 1 but what do I have to do to get him up on the radio, so frustrating cuz I am loving these missions.
Sounds like you got all the targets. Make sure you shut down your battery switch as that's the trigger to indicate shutdown. Not sure why it didn't work in your case. UZI should have responded on 124Mhz AM unless he already RTB'd since you went with Moonbeam first. You don't need to contact both, either one can identify the targets.

You can compare your flight to this video:
Old 12-16-2017, 02:56 PM   #159
Sabre-TLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterny70 View Post
BFT 05 practice mission mot working
In Version 1.5.8.12667 BFT05 Practice Mission is not working.
Heading towards Waypoint 3 it is advised to maintain Angels 6 and reduce
the speed to 160 Knots or less.
Exactly at Angels 6 with QFE set the lovely Announcement 'Terminate Terminate Terminate' triggers because of not holding the right altitude.

In spite of this is a training mission i am f***** upset cause i cannot finish the BFT. Weekend ruined!

Fix that please

Edit: Found a work around. Instead of maintaning 6000 ft climb to 5500 feet. Same in the Qualification Mission. Always climb 500 feet lower than instructed.
Not sure why the altitude trigger wasn't working for you. I know ED is changing the altitude triggers for the 2.5 release and we are updating all the values to work with the new trigger logic. Maybe some of the changes leaked into this release - we will retest. If an update is required we will get the files fixed and sent to ED so they can release it in advance of the 2.5 release.

You can compare your flight to this video (as it was originally designed):

Old 12-16-2017, 06:05 PM   #160
Locutos

Cheers Sabre, Im sure I did the battery switch, Ill give it another go. Ive used all your utube vids a guidance, great help so thanks man.
Locutos is offline   Reply With Quote