A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification DLC - Page 14 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-23-2017, 09:09 PM   #131
Sabre-TLA
3rd Party Campaign Creator

You should ensure you QFE is set properly as you don't want to have less altitude than you think.

I believe we had the pattern trigger coded to be removed after you are cleared for landing.

Leaving the pattern early to follow the glideslope could put you in a mid-air with departing aircraft.

You should still have sufficient distance to get down to the glideslope to make the landing once you are cleared.

If the triggers are not acting as expected do a DCS Repair or upgrade your video card drivers. Some folks have reported that the triggers at times get messed up and those actions fixed them.

We will check the triggers again and retest to see if any improvements can be made.
Sabre-TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:10 AM   #132
pierre chassang

Hi,
I am trying basic handling check rides #6, but even if I successfully landed the aircraft with engines out, (1000ft after the runway end) there is no rating message.
I am in the cockpit in the grass and nothing happens.
What can I do?
Thanks for help.
Pierre
pierre chassang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 01:51 PM   #133
Sabre-TLA

Did you hear this message before making your attempt:
"Good. Both engines are off.

Now steer towards the Emergency Divert Airfield identified in the briefing and attempt to land on the runway.

I have cleared your landing attempt with the local authorities.

The Hard Deck Restriction is terminated.

If you can't manage a safe landing, you are authorized to eject.

Good luck!"

There is a trigger that will indicate if you are outside the landing zone (beyond the runway) that fires if the above message is heard.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:08 AM   #134
pierre chassang

Hi,
Thanks for reply.
I missunderstood the message, I did,'t land on the right airport.
Now everything looks good. Qualified.

Cheers
Pierre
pierre chassang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:21 PM   #136
lasvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre-TLA View Post
You can play the missions individually by going to the Missions menu tab and then changing the directory to point at the /Mods/campaigns folder.

Alternatively you can manually edit your logbook and pick a different stage. Here are some instructions to do that:

Spoiler:
You can manually set the campaign stage in your logbook file. If you don't have it, download and install Notepad++. This editor allows for proper editing of lua files. Make a backup copy before you do any manual editing just in case.

To change the campaign stage look for a file called: <Drive>:\Users\<your userid>\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\logbook.lua

You can change the stage here:

["games"] =
{
[1] = <--- This is the campaign number in your set
{
["created"] = "01/03/16 21:50:09",
["player"] = "Player Name",
["campaign"] = ".\\Mods\\aircraft\\A-10C\\Missions\\en\\Campaigns/A-10C - Basic Flight Training Qualification.cmp", <--- This is the campaign name
["status"] = "Active",
["history"] =
{
[1] = <--- This is the number of the first mission in the campaign and below is it's result
{
["datetime"] = "01/03/16 21:52:16",
["agKills"] = 0,
["aaKills"] = 0,
["stage"] = 1,
["deathsCount"] = 0,
["result"] = 100,
["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT Arrival.miz",
}, -- end of [1]
[2] = <--- Look for the highest number in the set - this will be the next mission to launch
{
["stage"] = 13, <--- Change the stage to 1 more than the BFT mission number
["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT12 Low Level Flight Plan.miz", <--- Change the name of the mission
}, -- end of [2]
}, -- end of ["history"]
}, -- end of [1]
}, -- end of ["games"]

Reply if you continue to have problems.
I checked. There is NOTHING in the /Mods/campaigns folder. Due to the insane short time frame for shut down I would like to move on to the next mission. And prefer not to screw around with any .lua files. What do you suggest?

FOUND THEM. I was looking in the USER files and not in the ED file on the C: drive. Never mind

Last edited by lasvideo; 10-15-2017 at 05:28 PM.
lasvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:24 PM   #137
Axelerator

If you have trouble with short shutdown time feel free to use the pause key.
Axelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:34 PM   #138
Bersagliere81

I am at mission 08, the one about ILS landing.

It is my 5th attempt and "smart" instructor keeps saying to terminate. And I am not new with ILS landings.

Most of the fails are due (I guess) to the crosswind making me drift from the trigger zone. I can only guess because following heading 300 I find myself lost on the sea and the supreme instructor doesn't like a change of course.

Is there a way to force the system to make it complete? Really after 2hrs I can't take it anymore and I am scared to hear that terminate again
Intel i7-5820k
msi GTX 970
msi X99s SLI plus
16gb RAM
Hotas Warthog

Last edited by Bersagliere81; 10-23-2017 at 09:48 PM.
Bersagliere81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:08 PM   #139
Sabre-TLA

This post has instructions on how you can bypass the mission if desired.

What is the termination message given? It could be speed, heading or altitude depending on how you fly the mission.

You can compare your flight to Recon Stewarts attempt to see where you are deviating:
Old 10-24-2017, 06:45 AM   #140
Bersagliere81

Thank you I'll give it a try later.

The message is somehow "terminate, terminate" and something. I can't remember the words but they are related to the fact my heading was off course on the downwind leg.
As I said my heading was correct, it was the crosswind making me drift far above the sea without nothing happening. I can only suppose this because looking at the flight plan on TAD, My position is sensibly off the line. But my course is always 300 as required.
The terminate message appears when I head back to the vector provided by Batumi.
Just for reference, I can't remember values, but using tacan once I was 30nm from batumi, and inbound vector was 170 from me.

Failures are nothing related to the ILS landing itself.

One of the times it made me fail was also speed. I was going 280 instead of 260 ("only" 20 of difference). No warnings were given

If I feel brave enough, I'll make a video
Intel i7-5820k
msi GTX 970
msi X99s SLI plus
16gb RAM
Hotas Warthog

Last edited by Bersagliere81; 10-24-2017 at 07:10 AM.
Bersagliere81 is offline   Reply With Quote