BFT03 cannot pass - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-22-2018, 10:18 PM   #1
tom_vn

Default BFT03 cannot pass

I am at the BTF 03 flying pattern and cannot pass it.
1st time: After completing the first full round the FE asked me to fly 300 which is to the sea and then give no other instruction
2nd time: Same as first time, he asks me to fly 220. Whenever I try to deviate, he warns me that I am flying off course. I fly like that so far away from the airport that I believe it is a bug
3rd time (see video): He ask me to fly 120 on the downwind legs at pattern attitude and gives no further instruction (he is supposed to tell me to go around like the first two times). Then I failed when trying to avoid colliding with the coming mountain.

Can someone tell me if it is a bug or am I doing it wrongly
https://youtu.be/xC6q4NXjyJQ
tom_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 10:25 AM   #2
Tenebrae666

In the same boat. I believe it's got to do with trigger conditions not working under the latest versions. They are working on it I believe.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Tenebrae666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:15 PM   #3
tom_vn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenebrae666 View Post
In the same boat. I believe it's got to do with trigger conditions not working under the latest versions. They are working on it I believe.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I finally passed it. What I did differently is to turn sharply whenever I hear the instruction, don't know if it made any different. Anyway, the campaign is not perfect. When I play the next mission (which is touch-down and take off), I receive the instruction to climb back to angle 7 after touch down and then suddenly the FE ask me to maintain pattern attitude (2500ft) and keep heading 120. It means that either I will hit the mountain or fail the test.
I passed it after the third try anyway.
What to say now. I am quite frustrated with these bugs.
tom_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:06 PM   #4
jaxx_za

Just experienced the same - flying out to sea at 300... Will try the quick turns as you suggest, but also a little dissapointed as it is turning out of be a really good training tool.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
jaxx_za is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:23 AM   #5
Emuyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx_za View Post
Just experienced the same - flying out to sea at 300... Will try the quick turns as you suggest, but also a little dissapointed as it is turning out of be a really good training tool.

As soon as you hear the instruction you should bank 60° and pull the stick to maintain level flight. Well, pattern work is exact work. Pattern are established to create a controlable environment above an airfield. So it does matter where you fly and at what speed.

Keep practicing and it will be even more rewarding when you qualify. After all 3 campaigns don't miss to pass Red Flag, Airman!
Emuyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:27 PM   #6
jaxx_za

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emuyen View Post
As soon as you hear the instruction you should bank 60° and pull the stick to maintain level flight. Well, pattern work is exact work. Pattern are established to create a controlable environment above an airfield. So it does matter where you fly and at what speed.

Keep practicing and it will be even more rewarding when you qualify. After all 3 campaigns don't miss to pass Red Flag, Airman!
Sir Yes Sir, just completed both BFT03 and 04.
Guess my Xplane habits of banking at 30' had to change.

Thanks.

jaxx_za is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:50 AM   #7
Sabre-TLA
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Sorry some of you are having problems with these missions. You do need to fly aggressively (it's a combat aircraft not a Cessna).

Try and get on altitude, heading and speed as quickly as you can. If you take too long then you can miss a trigger zone which will mess things up. Fly the flight plan as indicated hitting the waypoints in order and you should hit the triggers in the appropriate way.

Please report any other issues and we will investigate and see if we can make the process to success better.
Sabre-TLA is offline   Reply With Quote