BFT08 - Emergency Manual Reversion Landing - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-20-2018, 02:18 PM   #1
imacken

Default BFT08 - Emergency Manual Reversion Landing

I seem to have a problem with one aspect of these missions. Still, all good fun!
I can't do the Manual Reversion Landing at all. At a certain point, my aircraft just starts a roll shaking that I can't do anything about. I can't click on anything in the cockpit, e.g. emergency landing gear lever, because there is too much movement. Stick movement does nothing.
I've watched the YT video, but my aircraft just doesn't behave in the same way once I switch off the necessary things.
Any tips?
Intel i7 8700 4.8GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · TM Pedals · HTC Vive Pro
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:27 PM   #2
Sabre-TLA
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Try and reduce speed and center the joystick before turning on the Manual Reversion.

When it's on you have to fly with the trim knob instead of the joystick. Too much joystick and you will get huge oscillations.

It's very challenging but the more you play with it the more feel you get for how to fly under those conditions. Good luck!
Sabre-TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:29 PM   #3
imacken

Thanks, but I managed to do it in the end. Don’t know how, to be honest. Just randomly seemed to stabilise.
On to mission 9!
Intel i7 8700 4.8GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · TM Pedals · HTC Vive Pro
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:47 PM   #4
kaltokri

I had also problems with the Manual Reversion Landing.

After the failure of both hydros I activated FLAP EMER RETR and FLT CONT MAN REVERSION. But the bird begun to swing from left to right (aileron) and back all the time. No matter of speed or inputs.

The only way to fix it was to switch back to FLT CONT NORM.
Then I was able to stabilize the flight and land.
I don't know if that was cheat, but the mission was a success.
kaltokri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:01 AM   #5
Avarien

I too have the oscillation of death problem. Nothing seems to fix it (including repairing DCS).

I cannot fly it with just trim while MAN REV is on because the oscillations are too violent. My strategy was to just flip on and off MAN REV quickly to catch any triggers, then fly the plane without hydraulics using the stick for pitch and yawing with the rudders for directional control. Just did a long gradual decent and straight in. Nailed the landing at the threshold around 145kts. Emergency Brake helped to stop me quickly. Got a qualified rating. Was a fun mission, but something with the MAN REV is still bugged.
Avarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:51 PM   #6
JJester

After having this issue, and being unsuccessful in overcoming it, I modified the log file so that I could skip it. I guess I could have switched back to FLT CONT NORM as Kaltokri did but I just assumed I'd get a fail!
JJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:30 PM   #7
McCallaway

Oscillation problem seems to be a bug in DCS when the A-10 is not loaded with any payload.
I added a TGP and a pair of Aim9 in the armament menu at the start of the mission, and it corrected the oscillation.
Do not forget to activate the emergency brakes, and try not to lock the wheels !

Three Point Landing
McCallaway is offline   Reply With Quote