A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification DLC - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-18-2016, 09:43 PM   #1
Sabre-TLA
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Default A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification DLC

The A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification campaign puts you in the cockpit of the A-10C Warthog, and it will test your ability to fly the aircraft successfully. Based on real world qualification requirements, you will fly 12 performance check rides to execute against pre-defined performance objectives. If successful, you will earn a Qualified rating and proceed to the next performance objective.

You will be rated on the following areas, and these results will form your final rating:

General knowledge, airmanship, and safety
Pre-takeoff and takeoff
Navigation and maneuvers
Approach and landing
Communications and task prioritization

The campaign covers a number of key areas that include Start-Up and Shutdown, Takeoffs and Landings, Traffic Patterns, Basic and Advanced and Aerobatic Maneuvers,Emergencies, Formation Flying, and Instrument Flight Plan Navigation.

There are over 2,300 voiceovers and over 170 pages of briefing material. This includes the A-10C Amplified Checklist, Maps, Diagrams, and Mission Data cards.

Also included are 14 Single Player Practice missions that can be played through the Missions menu.

All the missions both Campaign and Single Player are available under this path:

<your drive letter>:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\campaigns\A-10C - Basic Flight Training Qualification

The Inter-Active Start-Up and Shutdown missions are particularly helpful in learning the location of the various switches, buttons and dials.

Documentation for the campaign (including the A-10C Amplified checklist) can be found under this path:

<your drive letter>:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\campaigns\A-10C - Basic Flight Training Qualification\Doc

Hints and Tips:
This campaign is for experienced players. Read the flight manual and execute the in-game training missions before starting this campaign.

Follow the Flight Examiner's instructions closely. If you deviate from the flight plan or fail to perform the instructions indicated you will fail the Performance Objective.
Study the diagrams and review the mission briefings which are critical to mission success.
The practice missions have extra dialogue to help explain the tactics, techniques and procedures to help pass the Qualification mission.

If you are having trouble compare your experience to Recon Stewart's Videos.
If the triggers are not firing correctly ensure you are patched to the latest DCS World version and reinstall the Campaign module.
Email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com if you continue to have issues.

BFT01 - Ensure you press and hold buttons for a 1 second count as the game engine has trouble recognizing the key press if done for less than that.
BFT03, BFT04, BFT09 - Do not leave the pattern or pattern altitude until instructed by the ATC or Flight Examiner.
BFT06 - Study the diagrams closely for the Spiral Dive and Lazy Eight. Use the practice missions to get familiar with the techniques. For the forced landing attempt you must land at the emergency divert airfield north of Batumi (X shaped).
BFT07 - Study the diagrams closely as the maneuvers are measured based on heading, speed and altitude.
BFT08 - The CDU failure will not appear immediately or may not appear at all (game engine bug) so perform the emergency procedure immediately once instructed.
BFT10 - Watch that you don't stray outside the Military Operations Area (MOA) as described in the Arrival mission. You can circle back to stay within the MOA as you work towards the next NAV point.
BFT12 - Do not exceed the low level flight restrictions. The FE aircraft may climb or dive in an attempt to get you to follow them and break the altitude restriction.

A-10C Pilot Qualification Course
The A-10C Pilot Qualification Course has the following phases

Phase 1: Academic Classes and Pre-Flight Training
Phase 2: Basic Flight Training Qualification
Phase 3: Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification
Phase 4: Tactical Training Qualification

Phase 1 Academic Classes and Pre-Flight Training: Initial Qualification Training (IQT)
Is a pre-requisite for Phase 2. To complete Phase 1 execute the in game training missions and fly some test missions. Read the A-10C Flight Manual to become familiar with the A-10C aircraft systems and instruments.

Phase 2 Basic Flight Training Qualification: Basic Aircraft Qualification (BAQ).
This qualification phase measures your ability to fly the aircraft and work the navigation systems. It is a pre-requisite for Phase 3.

Phase 3 Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification: Basic Mission Capable (BMC).
This qualification phase measures your ability to execute basic mission capabilities including air to air refueling and evading threats as well as working all weapons systems. It is a pre-requisite for Phase 4.

Phase 4 Tactical Training Qualification: Combat Mission Ready (CMR).
This qualification phase measures your ability to execute more advanced mission capabilities including working with JTACS and Airborne FACs, using Wingmen, performing CAS, CSAR and Deep Interdiction mission types.

Campaign Details:

Phase 2 - Basic Flight Training Qualification contains:

Contact Stage (VFR):
1. Perform Ground Handling
2. Perform Take-Off and EFATO
3. Fly Traffic Pattern
4. Perform Approach and Landing
5. Perform Basic Maneuvers
6. Perform Advanced Handling
7. Perform Aerobatics
8. Respond to Emergencies

Instrument / Navigation Stage (IFR):
9. Instrument Approach (Landing)
10. Instrument Flight Plan Navigation

Formation Stage:
11. Fly 2 Ship as Wingman

Low-Level Stage
12. Fly Low-Level Flight Plan

Phase 3 - Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification contains:

Advanced Flight Training Stage

AFT01 - Air to Air Refueling Day
AFT02 - Air to Air Refueling Night
AFT03 - Countermeasures and Threat Avoidance
AFT04 - Target Area Ingress Preparation
AFT05 - Illumination Flare Employment

Air to Air Combat Stage:

AAT06 - AA Gun and Missile Employment

Surface Attack Stage:

AAT07 - Gun & Rocket Employment
AAT08 - Unguided Bomb Employment
AAT09 - Guided Bomb Employment
AAT10 - Missile Employment

Phase 4: Tactical Training Qualification contains:

Close Air Support Tactical Stage:

TAC11 - FAC / JTAC Coordination
TAC12 - Stationary and Moving Target Tasking
TAC13 - Danger Close Tasking
TAC14 - SEAD Tasking

Battlefield Air Interdiction Tactical Stage:

TAC15 - Deep Interdiction Tasking Day
TAC16 - Deep Interdiction Tasking Night
TAC17 - Deep Interdiction Tasking Special Forces Coordination

Airborne Forward Air Controller (AFAC) Tactical Stage:

TAC18 - SADL Datalink Engagement
TAC19 - CAS Mission Management Day
TAC20 - CAS Mission Management Night
TAC21 - BAI Mission Management Day
TAC22 - BAI Mission Management Night

Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR) Tactical Stage:

TAC23 - CSAR Management Day
TAC24 - CSAR Management Night

Tactical Summary Stage:

TAC25 - Simulated Combat Mission

We hope you enjoy these campaigns. We believe they will make you a better pilot helping you to succeed in future combat missions. Good luck!

Please watch our blog for updates: http://mapleflagmissions.blogspot.ca/

Last edited by Sabre-TLA; 01-29-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Sabre-TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:19 PM   #2
Sabre-TLA

It appears the practice mission package was omitted from the current download package. I'm following up with ED to see what happened and will post an update as soon as I know.

Thanks.

EDIT: The installer had a problem with the single player missions so we have decided to add them to the campaign. We will have to wait for an update from ED to correct this. We apologize for this issue.

Last edited by Sabre-TLA; 03-18-2016 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:51 PM   #3
Snacko

I am new to these Maple Flag missions. I just heard about them recently. And I am a little confused as to what missions are actual training, which are qualification tests, and which are campaigns?

The title of this is "A-10C Basic Flight Training Campaign". But the description calls it "A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification Campaign". So, I am confused as if this campaign trains you, and then gives you a qualification test? Does it do both?

I would be interested in something that would train me and then test/qualify me.

Thanks!

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -
-- Thread -- ♥ Download
Snacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:59 PM   #4
Sabre-TLA

DCS can be very intimidating to new users.

Many of the modules are considered "study" sims that require in depth knowledge and training to be able to make full use of them.

Our Qualification Campaigns are a set of missions to test your knowledge and techniques to operate the various aircraft or vehicles. They should be attempted after you have some knowledge and understanding of the aircraft or vehicle systems.

We recommend training in this order:

1. Read the DCS aircraft or vehicle manuals and review our Amplified Checklists provided with some of the Qualification Campaigns.

2. Watch the training videos and watch other videos that others have done.

3. Do some test flights or test missions of your own using the in game missions or Fast Mission Creator.

4. If practice missions are provided use them to get good at understanding what the Qualification missions will be like and what you need to do to pass.

Then when you feel ready, do the Qualification Campaigns to earn your Qualification.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:43 AM   #5
wormeaten

What is advantage to purchase this campaign over the default ED training missions? Why should I buy this campaign?

This is not trolling question but there is no such information to convincing me to buy it. Maybe is worth it to by but I don't know that yet.
wormeaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 02:43 AM   #6
Sabre-TLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormeaten View Post
What is advantage to purchase this campaign over the default ED training missions? Why should I buy this campaign?

This is not trolling question but there is no such information to convincing me to buy it. Maybe is worth it to by but I don't know that yet.
Check out this thread.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:56 AM   #7
Goblin

Will this campaign be available for the NTTR map? I hope it will!
Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:34 AM   #8
NeilWillis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormeaten View Post

The big difference is that you are assessed on your performance in the Maple Flag missions. It is one thing to fly a training mission, but without any kind of feedback, how do you know if you're actually achieving anything?

The two things are different animals entirely. You need to do the training, and then get checked out. Maple Flag is the check ride.
NeilWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 07:03 AM   #9
Winfield_Gold+
Posting Rights Revoked

anyone from the 476TH able to give constructive feed back on this campaign?

more specifically Snoopy?
Winfield_Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:41 AM   #10
Darpa14

Can it be used with the steam version of DCS
Darpa14 is offline   Reply With Quote