Ability to change or add map layers to Color Moving Map

Notso

on the MPCD. It would be really cool to be able to add custom maps to the moving map display in the Hornet. For instance, the more detailed NTTR maps with the different restricted ranges marked out.

Another that would be good is to be able to place other things like threat rings, tanker tracks, ROZs and such on the moving map. But of course we would need the DTC function to make this happen.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

+1

This would enhance situation awareness in battle arena.

I read of the eurofighter having a pages in the mfcd displaying airport charts with presentation of destination, flight route, flight restrictions areas, departure /approach profiles and holding pattern chart. It called a paperless cockpit, . Just wish Truegrit can feature this in their version of the eurofoghter.

Looking forward to seeing the capabilities of DTC implementation.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

• 1 year later...
On 7/6/2020 at 12:18 AM, Notso said:

Another that would be good is to be able to place other things like threat rings, tanker tracks, ROZs and such on the moving map. But of course we would need the DTC function to make this happen.

Is this something that can be done on the real Hornet? There are multiple map styles available for the Hornet in the TAMMAC system, but I'm not sure it supports mission-specific maps. 

But if it does, it would be pretty cool to see the new drawing features from the mission editor tie into the in-cockpit maps. 

Is this something that can be done on the real Hornet? There are multiple map styles available for the Hornet in the TAMMAC system, but I'm not sure it supports mission-specific maps. 
But if it does, it would be pretty cool to see the new drawing features from the mission editor tie into the in-cockpit maps. 
Yep!

The controlled image base or CIB allows for a custom input map set or image to be displayed.

See the NFM -000 section 24.1.3.3.1

Something you could possibly do with that is
Have recce images of your DMPIs for cross reference.

Mobius708