[FIXED INTERNALLY] All datalink contacts appear as friendly

RyanFlint

+

Same problem.

i9 13900k 5.5Ghz; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 OC 24GB; 64GB ddr5 6400mhz cl30; 7 Tb SSD NVMe; 2Tb HDD; 20Tb NAS ZFS RAID1; LG 34GN850 3440x1440 160hz IPS; Hotas Warthog + VPC ACE Flight Rudder Pedals; TrackIR5; Quest3; DX3 Pro+ and HiFiMan Edition XS 

MacBook PRO 16' 2023 M3 Max (14cpu-30gpu), DDR5 36Gb, 1Tb + 2Tb 990PRO Ext

Same problem

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

Datalink broken even worse

Before everything showed up as hostile, but if you IFF you'd get the green circle.

Now, everything is friendly. You IFF, it stays green.

It appears I must soft lock everything now and *then* IFF.

Basically your patch made it worse

Saw this on hoggit, it may help you all out:

The bug is that SURV (E3 or E2) is contributing all targets as friendlies. Vipers and Hornets are contributing targets with the correct ID.

There's 2 ways to get around it:

• In the HSD CNTL page, you can toggle SURV off. This means that you will only get targets from other Vipers and Hornets, however they will be the correct hostile/friendly ID.
  • If you want to preserve SURV contributions, all that's necessary to see who is a friendly and who isn't is to IFF interrogate with TMS left. Friendlies will show the correct response, hostiles will not.

In a way, this should in theory actually reduce tk, since until the fix rolls out everything is a friendly by default until confirmed hostile.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Agreed. Makes you wonder how on earth did this get passed in the internal beta testing.

there are millions of things that need to be tested. some will slip through. I am as much frustrated as you, but if you cant handle it. stick to the stable version. You are not entitled to the Beta.

there are millions of things that need to be tested. some will slip through. I am as much frustrated as you, but if you cant handle it. stick to the stable version. You are not entitled to the Beta.

What do you mean a million things ?

This change log said they fixed it, then they pushed it broken IN THIS PATCH. And clearly whoever fixed it never tested it.

Has nothing to do with 'stable version'.

I gotta say everything showing friendly is ten times worse than all red. Even including the Hornet/Viper mixed everyone red bug you could manage decently, but now you literally cannot distinguish. At this point basically on any busy server you're going to have to turn off the datalink completely because it's that bad. I tried disabling E3 tracks but even that way it's awful.

What do you mean a million things ?

This change log said they fixed it, then they pushed it broken IN THIS PATCH. And clearly whoever fixed it never tested it.

Has nothing to do with 'stable version'.

If I understand correctly they did fix it but the fix didnt make to released update. Thats why I think its reasonable if we ask for hotfix since the fix is already available. I could see some players refrained from flying Viper in MP because of this issue.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Since todays open beta update all datalink contacts appear as friendly.

When locked correct identification is shown but lost again upon target unlock.

I am using TTI mission version 1.61 and simple single missions created in Openbeta ver 2.5.6.47224, both data link and IFF work as advertise for me.

So could we get more information to try to help people having problems?

Maybe we can find a workaround.

Is this happening online only or in single player?

If happening online, does it only affect AI aircraft or other player aircraft?

What map does it happen in?

What mission?

What server?

Have you guys enter the codes for the IFF LOS and SCAN (in the DED, list, RCL, entering M3 and M4)?

What mods do you have if having problems?

What INS alignment are you using? Store heading, 8 minute normal, 12 minute interrupted, 16 minute best case?

Any additional info you can provide?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..