How finished is Harrier? The reason was that there were many features that were not a

lee1hy

I understand what your saying. But there’s nothing simple about any of those those systems. Lol just the electrical aspect of a jet like the harrier requires miles of wiring and thousands of circuits. They hydro system is a lot more then a gauge in the cockpit. Multiple overlapping redundant systems that back each other up, using different pressures, various degrees of degradation that all must be accounted for. etc.

Now I agree those kind of things should be well flushed out and pretty much finished even before EA but they most definitely are not “simple or basic” that’s a pretty gross understatement.

Basic as in "fundamental". Nothing in a modern jet is simple. That said, if you can't even code a HUD with a propely working VVI, which is literally in your face 99.8% of the time, how can I expect you to do something much more advanced?

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Basic as in "fundamental". Nothing in a modern jet is simple. That said, if you can't even code a HUD with a propely working VVI, which is literally in your face 99.8% of the time, how can I expect you to do something much more advanced?

True enough.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

• 4 weeks later...

I always thought that the "pocket guide" was meant for the first few weeks/months for a quick way to get very basics handled. Like one you literally would have on your smartphone etc and reading it while riding in a bus etc.

And then that the actual manual would get released quickly soon after that, and get updated each update when it was modified etc.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

sure, but we are to rely upon 3rd party or out of date information in the interim. do not get me wrong, i like the Harrier a LOT (it would not be useable without Chuck's guide, i hope he receives some compensation!), but as pointed out the bug fixes and work to complete the module are seemingly non-existent or at glacial pace as someone else put it. it seems that more focus is on new product (at least three announced and in progress, yes?) and revenue streams rather than finishing what is out there first. how long has the M2000 and Harrier been in the sim? i do understand the simulation of a combat fighter is not necessarily simple, but...some up to date and continuous (how about monthly?) project status and roadmap would be great. certainly there is a project plan where this information could be pulled from.

sure, but we are to rely upon 3rd party or out of date information in the interim. do not get me wrong, i like the Harrier a LOT (it would not be useable without Chuck's guide, i hope he receives some compensation!), but as pointed out the bug fixes and work to complete the module are seemingly non-existent or at glacial pace as someone else put it. it seems that more focus is on new product (at least three announced and in progress, yes?) and revenue streams rather than finishing what is out there first. how long has the M2000 and Harrier been in the sim? i do understand the simulation of a combat fighter is not necessarily simple, but...some up to date and continuous (how about monthly?) project status and roadmap would be great. certainly there is a project plan where this information could be pulled from.

You aren't the first guy with these complains, nor will you be the last.

Harrier is 3 years old IIRC (whatever the F18 is +6 months), Mirage is maybe like 5 years.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

yah, yah. just hopeful that Razbam would follow up/through. in the interim I will see about enjoying it the way it is and maybe look to other developers aircraft for anything new (just what I will do, not trying to be overly harsh, etc.). Really I am just glad to have such a sim, but one can always hope for better.

yah, yah. just hopeful that Razbam would follow up/through. in the interim I will see about enjoying it the way it is and maybe look to other developers aircraft for anything new (just what I will do, not trying to be overly harsh, etc.). Really I am just glad to have such a sim, but one can always hope for better.

You paid for a better product, and you have every right to be critical for the lack of progress. Some of these acknowledged bugs that were promised to be fixed are over a year old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You paid for a better product

giphy.gif

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).