Space Combat Grip "Kosmosima"

UIV

Just bought the gladiator controller plus the upgrade kit and kosmosima grip. In the page of the upgrade kit ( https://flightsimcontrols.com/product/gladiator-upgrade-kit-lite-for-gladiator-mk-ii/ ) there is the mentioned video by Tarapatraptar, great intructions step by step. Now I'm an happy owner of a gladiator base plus kosmosima grip! Great great great !!!! For me it's obvious that if the video is in the shop page of VKB i can trust it...

CPU:i5-8400@2,8GHz|GPU: GTX-1080Ti 11gb | RAM:48GB|Monitor LG38"" wide 3840x1600 | 2xSabrent SSD 2T Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280| VKB GladiatorMKII Kosmosima|

*** Perché volare? Semplice. Non sono felice a meno che non ci sia un po’ di spazio tra me e la terra. ***

Just bought the gladiator controller plus the upgrade kit and kosmosima grip. In the page of the upgrade kit ( https://flightsimcontrols.com/product/gladiator-upgrade-kit-lite-for-gladiator-mk-ii/ ) there is the mentioned video by Tarapatraptar, great intructions step by step. Now I'm an happy owner of a gladiator base plus kosmosima grip! Great great great !!!! For me it's obvious that if the video is in the shop page of VKB i can trust it...

1) Congrats on the good upgrade! I enjoy mine too!

2) Happy to hear you found it no problem. But if you had not discovered his video that way (via purchase page link, buried 4 pages down for the NA site on my PC), but rather via YouTube search for example (maybe even it was a gift?), then you would have no idea who he is or if his instructions should be trusted. Unlike all of VKB's other videos that have their logo and reside on their own YT channel too. That's all I was saying.

3) I just hope everybody finds Taraparaptar's excellent instruction video for this product, and knows it is the real deal.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Setup: Vive Pro 2, RTX 3090, I7-11700K, VKB Gladiator II/K conversion, TWCS, TPR pedals, PlaySeat, SimShaker, VoiceAttack

• 1 month later...

I have a Gladiator mkII and I ordered the upgrade kit lite maybe a month ago because it happened to be in stock. Couple of days ago I ordered the SCG grip. Can't wait to try it out. DHL says it will be here Monday.

Edited by CBStu

• 4 weeks later...

Just to add my experience here. I got the kit and the SCG and had a hell of a time getting it to work. But Two of the VKB guys stuck w/ me and we got it working. And WOW is this thing nice. There are so many buttons and hats that I still have several I haven't used yet. Flying an FA-18 in DCS w/ a Warthog throttle there has always been a problem w/ the slew. Set it to work on radar attack and it sucks for Mav slew and vice versa. Now I use the warthog throttle slew for radar attack and center black hat on the SCG for Mavs so I can tune each to work well for the different functions..

There are so many buttons and hats that I still have several I haven't used yet. Flying an FA-18 in DCS w/ a Warthog throttle there has always been a problem w/ the slew. Set it to work on radar attack and it sucks for Mav slew and vice versa. Now I use the warthog throttle slew for radar attack and center black hat on the SCG for Mavs so I can tune each to work well for the different functions..

Yes, the SCG Pro is very capable and will accommodate just about any aircraft as long as you don't need an analog brake lever. It is very comfortable, and the control arrangement is very similar to US fighters. But as far as running out of buttons and hats... the MCG Pro has even more, and I never leave any of them unassigned. The SCG Pro is more comfortable and the controls are arranged better, but the MCG Pro's extra hats/switches/axes allow it to be used for everything the SCG Pro does and more, especially if you retrofit it with the twist axis. If you fly Russian aircraft with brake levers (or the Spitfire Mk IX), you should consider the MCG Pro.

In many aircraft, I try to reserve a spare hat switch. I use that hat for: kneepad open/close, page left/right, current position mark, and to show pilot, which is extremely useful when flying in VR.

As for the Warthog throttle analog slew control, I highly recommend buying the replacement slew stick sold on the Thrustmaster subforum. It vastly improves the control in every way (shape/size/feel/precision) to at least equal if not beat the VKB analog hats.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Of all my stick grips for flying DCS World, this is my favorite one for flying US aircraft. I bought the basic version because I intend to use its guts to make a real B-8 stick grip into a functional VKB grip, but I am going to get the advanced version the next time I see it in stock.

The shape and button/hat placement makes this grip capable of substituting for most US grips with reasonable size/shapes/positions.

The MCG Pro has more of everything, but its size and shape are not as comfortable to me as a B-8 style grip. So, if I don't need an analog brake lever, the Kosmosima is a better fit for me. But the basic version I have only had the single button on the side which can't match the functionality in the F-5 stick grip or most other later grips. With the extra options on the advanced version, I can't imagine many US stick grips that couldn't be emulated with the Kosmosima. It is easily a match in functionality for the Thrustmaster Warthog and F/A-18 grips (which I also have), but it is simply more comfortable and closer to the arrangement and feel of the real B-8 grip I prefer.

I'm the same and find the Kosmosima the best "all around" grip for many different uses/aircraft, not just space sims.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Thanks guys it is quite inspiring to read your opinions. Seriously.

Yes I love your Kos grip. Now I just need that VKB throttle. :megalol:

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Yes I love your Kos grip. Now I just need that VKB throttle. :megalol:

We are working on the throttle but let's see what happens. 7 mln newly registered jobless in the States are no good sign for any business.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

• 2 weeks later...
How are people finding the build quality on these grips? I have owned the VKB gladiator mk2 since February i love the stick but my thumb button keeps getting jammed :(

The tactile micro switches under VKB Gladiator Mk.II plastic caps is good quality, some are OMRON, but are a flaw in the design of the rubber/silicone pad between buttons cap and switches (for mute their click), this piece is articulate only in one side, so the buttons cap - specially A1, A2, A3 moves tilted and became stuck/jam pressed.

In my Gladiator Mk.II I fix this putting small pieces of silicone tube (RC fuel lines) cut in lengthwise in one side (forming a closed "C") for clamp in the PCB board that have the switches, this align the caps and they don't stuck/jam anymore.

Top left mini-stick?

I am curious the top left 4 way plus push is this the mini-stick I see mentioned once in a while? What do you use it for? I see that the push illuminates a red light next to the blue one and another push turns it off so I am thinking this is more than just another 4 way plus push that is shaped differently. I am mostly flying the FA-18. Ideas for using it?

By default, with the red LED off, the ministick is a HAT with 4 ways (could also be programmed to 8 ways) plus short push. Longer push turns the red LED on and also switches to axes mode. So basically, by long pressing on that ministick you switch from buttons to axes and back.

• 1 year later...

Just digging up this old thread since the Gladiator upgrade kits are finally in stock. Does this allow MkII sticks to be able to mount SCG grips only or also the MCG grips?

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

The adapter kit would allow installing most of RevB grips: KG12, SCG both right and left hand, F-14. MCG Pro grip would work too, but the combination is not recommended as the grip is pretty heavy for Gladiator's gimbal. MCG Ultimate grip won't work as it's too heavy.