Space Combat Grip "Kosmosima"

UIV

D999-D4-E8-AAFB4213-A77-A7-EA1-FB220-DBB6-B41-ACD48-DBEBADBA9-pimgpsh-full.jpg

Dear fellow sim pilots - Happy New Year 2019!

The Kosmosima Space Combat Grip (SCG) is finally here! An alloy of superb quality, ergonomics, and design incorporated into unprecedented functionality.

The compact grip design is ideal for prolonged desktop use. VKB engineers have spent extra time planning for optimal positioning of the controls, with all buttons, triggers and hats to be within easy reach; pilots don’t need to shift their hand position to reach any button.

The new pistol grip design allows for comfortable handling. This becomes particularly important as the grip is equipped with a twist axis besides in addition to the standard controls. It’s essential that pilots while focused on operating buttons, triggers, and hats, have easy access to the SCG’s smooth twist functionality.

Similar to VKB’s Modern Combat Grip (MCG), the Kosmosima takes its construction modularity to a new level, as there’s only one 3-wire cable inside, which runs from the grip to the base connector (see image on the left).

221-B74-F332276888-A0419-A8-E77-E34-E72-FABC7-AD1-E5409826-D1-pimgpsh-full.jpg

All other elements of the grip are interconnected by means of printed circuit board (PCB) modules. Having less cables increases reliability, and makes taking the grip apart and reassembling it easy and effortless.

Kosmosima’s new cam-based twist design is an absolute breakthrough in gaming devices available today, and a hallmark of VKB's design and engineering.

Supported by a contactless sensor (MaRS) this built-in twist axis affords unprecedented reliability and precision. The self-centering mechanism does not affect the pitch and roll axes of the grip; likewise, even intensive grip movements around pitch and roll axes won’t cause unwanted twist deflection.

Kosmosima comes in two different versions:

Kosmosima Standard:

SCG-R.jpg

Features:

• Left- or Right-hand versions

• Compact grip design - Perfect for tabletop joysticks

• Lockable Twist axis w/ contactless MaRS sensor

• Dual Action Trigger

• 3 Hat switches with center push

• 4 Buttons

• Programmable red color LED

• Programmable RGB LED

• 2 interchangeable palm rests (total of 3 palm sizes)

Content:

• Grip with installed palm rest

• Palm rest for small hands

• Set of grip-to-base fasteners

Kosmosima Premium

SCG-R-Premium.jpg

Features:

• Left- or Right-hand versions

• Compact grip design - Perfect for tabletop joysticks

• Lockable Twist axis w/ contactless MaRS sensor

• Dual Action Trigger

• Rapid Fire Trigger

• 3 Hat switches with center push

• 3 buttons

• 1 analog ministick with center push

• Programmable red color LED

• Programmable RGB LED

Content:

• Grip with installed palm rest

• Palm rest for small hands

• Set of grip-to-base fasteners

• Extra button module for C1 position

• Extra hat switch module for A1 position

• Trigger cover

• Screwdriver

• Set of screws

• Coaster (VKB-Sim Crew Kosmosima)

Specifications for all SCG variants:

• Kosmosima is an all-purpose control grip for aero-, robo-, and space simulators

• Material: industrial-grade ABS

• Compact design and low height makes it extra comfortable with desktop joysticks

• Kosmosima offers plenty of handily positioned buttons

• A 32-bit ARM controller is used for precise and speedy data computation and transmission to the joystick base

• Kosmosima sports original Japanese ALPS buttons for extended longevity, and a VKB proprietary self centering twist

• LEDs are user-programmable

Specifications for the SCG Premium variant:

• Default analog ministick can be swapped for included hat switch (A1)

• Default hat switch with center push can be swapped for included thumb button (C1)

• Additional Rapid Fire trigger allows for pouring the enemy with fire from different type of weapons

The Kosmosima Premium variant boasts another VKB invention - the additional Rapid Fire trigger.

GF-SCG-R-Premium-256-Rapid-Fire.jpg

The pilot's index finger - positioned between the Dual-Action trigger and the Rapid Fire trigger – can switch between different weapons instantaneously.

There are a total of 5 buttons within immediate reach of the index finger, allowing for ergonomic switching from one type of weapon to another, while continually blasting the enemy with a hail of fire.

In some missions the additional trigger may not be needed, or if you prefer to use your Kosmosima for the left hand, or to control a helicopter, or a commercial aircraft, it can be taken off its base, and its seat covered with the provided plug.

Premium version owners can replace the A1 hat switch with a ministick, and the C1 button can be replaced with a mini hat switch with center push. The replacements can be carried out easily by the user simply by taking the two halves of the grip apart with the help of the provided screwdriver, and making the replacement(s).

Our testers are diligently working towards creating profiles for various sims and while this is still in the works the production of the first batch of the Kosmosima will be going full steam ahead.

We’re planning to start final assembly in mid-January and the expected release date is the end of January 2019.

In the meantime, you have the option to join the waitlist for a Kosmosima grip based on your individual preferences and to stay informed, as the first batch will not be very big.

Recommended retail prices:

• $79 for Kosmosima Standard

• $119 for Kosmosima Premium

Please visit your regional VKB Partner Site for more information:

VKB EU (https://flightsimcontrols.com)

VKB North America (https://vkbcontrollers.com)

VKB Russia (http://vkb-sim.pro)

Let the fun begin!

Material: industrial-grade ABS

BTW - Swap-able A1 HAT - mini-stick with center push by conventional HAT with center push, is the top - right (in right hand grip).

There are a total of 5 buttons within immediate reach of the index finger,

1 button - "Rapid fire" trigger

2 buttons - Two stage trigger

1 button - Push button on right side(in right hand grip)

What is the 5th button?

Edited by Sokol1_br

BTW - Swap-able A1 HAT - mini-stick with center push by conventional HAT with center push, is the top - right (in right hand grip).

1 button - "Rapid fire" trigger

2 buttons - Two stage trigger

1 button - Push button on right side(in right hand grip)

What is the 5th button?

The button map template posted on the NA product page indicates the Rapid Fire trigger is also two stage...

https://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Kosmosima_Right.pdf

Bases Gunfighter or Gladiator PRO are not tied to specific grip model, but accept various:

KG-12, MCG, MCG PRO, SCG, SCG Premium

Gladiator PRO Mk.I is not compatible with SCG and MCG due use of different connector for grips. Time ago are compatible with Warthog grip using an specific adapter (seems discontinued for a while).

Edited by Sokol1_br

Bases Gunfighter or Gladiator PRO are not tied to specific grip model, but accept various:

KG-12, MCG, MCG PRO, SCG, SCG Premium

Gladiator PRO Mk.I is not compatible with SCG and MCG due use of different connector for grips. Time ago are compatible with Warthog grip using an specific adapter (seems discontinued for a while).

Ok thanks and can you give us an ETA on MCG PRO ?

Why there is no Kosmosima and MCg grips for Gladiator pro MK1 base?

Kosmosima was designed for more recent base models: Gunfighter I and II, and Gladiator Pro II.

Making it backward compatible with other models is not a priority, as now we're focusing on TECS.

There are still chances we make modern grips compatible with other base models, but it is not on the slate right now.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

• 3 weeks later...
Kosmosima was designed for more recent base models: Gunfighter I and II, and Gladiator Pro II.

Making it backward compatible with other models is not a priority, as now we're focusing on TECS.

There are still chances we make modern grips compatible with other base models, but it is not on the slate right now.

Kind of unfortunate - they are not exactly "old" hardware.

Z...

Is it not possible to buy Kosmosima + Gladiator II base combined?

Should be - once VKB HQ manufactures more Gladiator Pro Mk.II bases, or, in case of the non-Pro Gladiator Mk.II, when the Upgrade Kit Lite is ready for prime time (by default, the Gladiator Mk.II non-Pro does not support swappable grips by default and requires a different shaft).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Should be - once VKB HQ manufactures more Gladiator Pro Mk.II bases, or, in case of the non-Pro Gladiator Mk.II, when the Upgrade Kit Lite is ready for prime time (by default, the Gladiator Mk.II non-Pro does not support swappable grips by default and requires a different shaft).

Thanks for the info - I was tempted to pick up the G2 now and get the Kosmo grip later on; I didn't realise they would be incompatible.

• 3 weeks later...

So you basicaly left out your customers who bought Gladiator pro Mk1. It isnt some ancient product....it was sold recently. This is very unprofessional.

Edited by Tvrdi

So you basicaly left out your customers who bought Gladiator pro Mk1. It isnt some ancient product....it was sold recently. This is very unprofessional.

You ought to have purchased a Mamba, only been waiting over a year to see if they would produce a MCG for the Mamba, still not holding out any hope, although it was said in the original plan they would.

It's very disappointing, their products are first class and I'll still consider their throttle when they get around to it.

BUT when it comes to customer service and support, they are sadly lacking

Just my opinion

It may be sold today, still it belongs to a different generation.

There is some difference between physical age and belonging to a previous generation.

Does the fact that it can't be used with Kosmosima make Gladiator Pro I a BAD joystick? - you say.

Demanding ALL previous generation base models be compatible with ALL future generation grip models is, with all due respect, ridiculous.

Thanks for rating our professionalism that high.

it was said in the original plan they would

True. Plans are plans, this is why they are not called promises.

Mamba being a great joystick (fling a rock at me if you think it isn't) is also a previous generation device. Its controller only has 64Kb internal memory. A lot has to be optimized to make it work: have a try editing a 4K video on a 486 computer, you will understand what I mean.

We're working on Mamba and within days the firmware that we've been working on for months is going to be passed on to the testers. If it works, MCG for Mamba will go on sale.

Kosmosima for Mamba is out of question, sorry, case closed.

BUT when it comes to customer service and support, they are sadly lacking
I leave this on your conscience with no comment.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

Look I am the last guy who want's to enter into a spat it's just not my nature

AeroGator my comment was not aimed at you far from it. However when I made the comment about CS and support, I was thinking more about the lack of information from VKB and their plans. If an MCG for the Mamba is still in the works that is really great to hear. This is the first I've heard that its not been quietly dropped as I thought it had.

VKB have made a Paradigm shift in communications however IMHO it still has some way to go. I have been delighted with the products I have purchased and will continue to purchase (throttle!!!! any News?)

I have now taken a large slice of humble pie, I was wrong. It's not CS and support but marketing and information

:poster_oops:

I would be surprised if I am the only one who believes VKB (and I mean the parent company) are poor when it comes to communicating their future plans and intentions.

The Mamba is a fantastic stick, and I shall be using for a long long time to come. I was utterly amazed at its precision in comparison the the Hog which I thought was great simply because I didn't know any better.

I do hope that clears things up

Honestly looks more like a fictional flight stick with inspiration from existing flight sticks for general flight sim use ( kinda like saitek x55) than looking like something intended as sci fi flight stick for space sims

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I bought one of these... but not to use "as is". I am going to strip out its parts and them to adapt a real B-8 grip to be interchangeable with my MCG Pro. Hopefully, everything will fit the way it does in my mind and I will have a stick that looks like an F-4 Phantom stick, but has the precision and feel of the MCG PRo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The MCG is not available. The SCG is available and cheaper.

I also have a 2nd Warthog stick, so if the SCG doesn't work well, the Warthog may work very well. Th Warthog with the stick extension has tons of room, but I love the feel of the MCG Pro, so I wanted to try adapting to it first.

The B-8 doesn't have any analog axis options, so all I have to do is get the loose wires dangling from this helo version of the B-8 soldered to the appropriate buttons on the SCG. The real F-4 stick has a big transducer box with an autopilot disconnect lever. I could make a mockup with similar dimensions to the real one I have to hold PCBs and even connect a button or axis to the lever.

Edited by streakeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]