No Brake Pressure

dresoccer4

so i just landed but had no brake pressure :(

however my landing was so good that i was able to roll the entire length of the runway and come to a complete stop with no brakes :D

but anyway, i checked the gear handle and it's in the neutral position, but the pressure gauge is still 0. i thought that if the gear handle was neutral then the pressure pump would refill it?

can someone please fill me in on whats happening?

[ATTACH]224761[/ATTACH]

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

There is no pump to refill the air on the MiG-21. It's a tank of compressed air and if you use it up, it's all gone. It has to be replaced/refilled by ground crew.

The whole thing about the gear handle is that if you forget to return it to neutral and leave it in up after take-off, the wheel brakes will stay engaged thus depleting the air over time for no benefit to you. If you use a lot of air otherwise (for example using the brakes, or just extending and retracting the gear a lot) you might end up with low pressure left.

There is no pump to refill the air on the MiG-21. It's a tank of compressed air and if you use it up, it's all gone. It has to be replaced/refilled by ground crew.

The whole thing about the gear handle is that if you forget to return it to neutral and leave it in up after take-off, the wheel brakes will stay engaged thus depleting the air over time for no benefit to you. If you use a lot of air otherwise (for example using the brakes, or just extending and retracting the gear a lot) you might end up with low pressure left.

ah well now it all makes sense then. i assumed it would "recharge", but nope they had to make it hard on us pilots didn't they

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just saved weight dropping the compressor - those are heavy enough to consider.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

• 2 weeks later...

Just got it and LOVE the plane. Reminds me of the F-104. If you don't show the proper respect and get sloppy it will bite you in the butt.

Every button/switch etc on my TM HOTAS is valuable and I have FIVE dedicated just to the gear!

Now that I have about 1 hr tt in her I can free some up but in VR looking down towards the gear/AP etc is tough. I have also flown into the ground while trying to find these very small switches.

I have all the gear controls bound on my HOTAS for muscle memory purposes (same with weapons control panel). It's easier to reach for something IRL than swap hands on the stick, look at the relevant control, move the mouse to it and click it while my subtle head movements are making it hard to be precise, then swap hands again.

It should be totally independent of the engine, it's feeding off a fixed air tank rather than the bleed air off the compressor.

I don't know how the tank would be full but the system not functional, I've never experienced it. You're absolutely sure the gauge read full for both normal and emergency pressure?