DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Cont....

No joy I am afraid.

This is for Huey.

I set "Radio Switch works as Push to Talk PTT" OFF

Presumably this one disables the ability to TX when you press the '\' comms menu button. This settings seems to toggle '\' for use as SRS TX. Using the "show Comms menu" button is no good for SRS. That menu is used for many other things and having this enabled keeps transmitting in SRS when I use Comms Menu which annoys everyone. I have switched this to OFF.

I set "ALWAYS allow SRS HOTKEYS" ON

Presumably this allows the PTT button I assigned in SRS to function always.

Also confusingly seems to be mutually exclusive of the above mentioned option.

I set "Allow INCOCKPIT DCS Controlled PTT" OFF

Presumably this allows to use the in-game Radio Transmit Button. I can't even find a Radio-TX button in the controls menu in DCS under the Huey-SIm controls.

New settings:

These settings I assume to be the correct way to allow the SRS's binded PTT button to operate for any aircraft

Capture.PNG.eb63515c903f9bc1fc748f6d27b49a71.PNG

I remember trying SRS about 6 months ago and gave up on it because I couldn't get it working (both TX & RX) in the Huey. Now after some more seat time I figured out how to change the Radio Channel to 305.00, so I can hear everyone, but still cannot Transmit TX in the Huey.

BTW, can TX in the Hornet fine using SRS hotkey.

Very lost

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

PC 2019 || 8600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX2080ti OC | 32GB RAM @3000 | 500GB SSD | Win10 64bit |

PC 2010 || 2600K @ 3.4GHz | Zotac GTX680 | 8GB RAM | Win7 64bit Ultimate SP1 |

Cockpit || Joystick: T.16000M | Pedals: Logitech G25 | Throttle & Collective: Logitech Attack3 Modded | Button Box: G25 Shifter |

Cockpit || HP Reverb VR | Custom Frame & Seat | 3x Bass Shaker | 2:1 Game Sound | 2x Rear Head Rest Speakers Comms/Music |

These are mine and they work without problem in Huey

LN8enip.jpg hX8SuOd.jpg

Select your radio using the next/previous radio key bindings in SRS

Press puss to talk key in SRS

or

Select your radio directly with SRS Keys (first or second etc) but press it long to directly select and start transmitting.

What I would have loved is to select radios by rotating the radio selector knob in the Huey. It doesn't seem to work or maybe is me doing something wrong?

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Thanks @zaelu

The keyword here was "Select Radio"

I jumped back in the Hornet and noticed one of the radios has an Asterisk "*" next to it. So to transmit using SRS hotkey PTT works right away by default.

fa18.PNG.8a8781f7b12ce569403934d0e8c0e226.PNG

Then I took special notice in the Huey, there is no Asterisk at all.

Aha! moment.

I binded and then pressed "Next Radio" hotkey and then an Asterisk appears next to the selected radio and I can now transmit using SRS hotkey.

huey.PNG.48a6cd220b5f0566f01b2ec37d9e2387.PNG

Edited by JasonJ

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

PC 2019 || 8600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX2080ti OC | 32GB RAM @3000 | 500GB SSD | Win10 64bit |

Cockpit || Joystick: T.16000M | Pedals: Logitech G25 | Throttle & Collective: Logitech Attack3 Modded | Button Box: G25 Shifter |

Cockpit || HP Reverb VR | Custom Frame & Seat | 3x Bass Shaker | 2:1 Game Sound | 2x Rear Head Rest Speakers Comms/Music |

The thing is that in huey according to this sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790

it should work with only PTT key assigned. You should just be able to select the radio by rotating the radio selector on the console. Mine does not work.

I think in the SRS youtube movie Ciribob does exactly that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Thanks @zaelu

The keyword here was "Select Radio"

I jumped back in the Hornet and noticed one of the radios has an Asterisk "*" next to it. So to transmit using SRS hotkey PTT works right away by default.

[ATTACH]239774[/ATTACH]

Then I took special notice in the Huey, there is no Asterisk at all.

Aha! moment.

I binded and then pressed "Next Radio" hotkey and then an Asterisk appears next to the selected radio and I can now transmit using SRS hotkey.

[ATTACH]239775[/ATTACH]

For support, discord is your best bet

https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

On the SRS radio overlay, hit the ? Mark, it'll explain how your current SRS settings relate to the specific module.

For example always allow SRS hotkeys means that SRS has control over radio, and not the module so the in cockpit selectors for the Huey will no longer function, and you must select a radio using SRS key binds

Allow dcs ptt means you can trigger the ptt with a dcs key, this is only supported on some modules and again the panel mentioned above will explain the module you're currently in

You can safely disable the dcs ptt and just use SRS ptt

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hey Ciribob. thanks for explanation! Well understood now!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What is the current version of SRS? A day or two ago I was offered an update to version 1.9.0 and went ahead and installed it. Problem is none of the servers are running it and its incompatible. Did I somehow get a beta version that no one else is using?

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

What is the current version of SRS? A day or two ago I was offered an update to version 1.9.0 and went ahead and installed it. Problem is none of the servers are running it and its incompatible. Did I somehow get a beta version that no one else is using?

Yes, 1.9.0 is beta and is not backwards compatible.

Maybe something got temporary f****d up in the automatic updater or it was published as an official release for a while on GitHub, only Ciribob knows exactly... but you should for sure rollback to 1.8.0.6.

Your best bet is always to follow the official Discord, all that happens around SRS - and the best channel for obtaining support, should you need it - is there.

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

You'll have beta updates enabled on your client, turn that off in settings

The current beta is not backwards compatible

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Thanks guys. Just FYI I had to delete the SRS directory manually as uninstall the beta and reinstall the release over it wouldn’t work otherwise.

Thanks guys. Just FYI I had to delete the SRS directory manually as uninstall the beta and reinstall the release over it wouldn’t work otherwise.
See the SRS Discord, that's explained there

Also, thinking back, I must have inadvertently selected chose beta updates on thinking that meant matching SRS versions to current DCS open beta versions which I use 98% of the time.

Doh!

What are the drawbacks of using 1.9.0.0 going forward? Is it a beta version that 1.8.0.6 will eventually catch up with? Is 1.9.0.0 the next version that 1.8.0.6 is going to? I am a very confused but satisfied user of this utility.

All I had to do was manually delete the install directory and then download 1.8.0.6 and reinstall using the auto method. Worked fine. I had tried first to uninstall and then reinstall 1.8.0.6 and it wouldn’t open unless I deleted first. Problem is I lost my sever list but no biggie.

Hi.

Great work you are doing with SRS Client. Love it's realism inside DCS. When that is said, then it is so anoying, that I first have to aprobe inside Windows 10, that the software start up. Next I have again to aprove some connectivity. It sure are anoying with this two steps, especial when you are starting a servergame inside VR, cause those screens dont show inside VR, unless you change over to Windows inside Vr or take of your headset to read on your screen. Behaps SRS just could be aproved inside the firewall and no need to accept the SRS Client to start up at all ???

Otherwise, keep up the good work.

Regards Jan Nielsen, Denmark.

@nielsenjan

Same issue for me in VR.

The worst part was the server connect prompt.

I turned off Auto Connect prompt here to fix that:

Much better.

Untitled.png.9fe778cc0b71c8cb038adff59e281c0c.png

Can't figure how to disable the windows security prompt, but I just make sure to start SRS before starting DCS. There is probably a way to allow windows to run it without prompt.

Edited by JasonJ

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

Hi.

Great work you are doing with SRS Client. Love it's realism inside DCS. When that is said, then it is so anoying, that I first have to aprobe inside Windows 10, that the software start up. Next I have again to aprove some connectivity. It sure are anoying with this two steps, especial when you are starting a servergame inside VR, cause those screens dont show inside VR, unless you change over to Windows inside Vr or take of your headset to read on your screen. Behaps SRS just could be aproved inside the firewall and no need to accept the SRS Client to start up at all ???

Otherwise, keep up the good work.

Regards Jan Nielsen, Denmark.

@nielsenjan

Same issue for me in VR.

The worst part was the server connect prompt.

I turned off Auto Connect prompt here:

[ATTACH]240440[/ATTACH]

Can't figure how to disable the windows security prompt, but I just make sure to start SRS before starting DCS. There is probably a way to allow windows to run it without prompt.

go here for support https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

I think you're both talking about the admin prompt

Post your issue there and I'll help

(problem Solved in Lua Editor)

I am trying to turn SRS off, the large label onscreen is driving me nuts.

I thought I read something about ALT CTRL and another letter or number

but I cant remember or find it right now.

I just want to fly and not have that on my screen.

I am glad I found this link, as sometime in the future I do want to

learn how to get it to work and this link will help.

Clear Skies

Mike

Edited by ctguy1955
I found the lua file and was able to turn SRS off.

Clear Skies

Mike

Ctrl +Cap+esc works for me. Pressing these buttons multiple times will get rid of it.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

(problem Solved in Lua Editor)

Clear Skies

Mike

This shortcut is listed...

In help in SRS on the client

In dcs if you click the SRS module

In dcs if you go to settings - SRS

On the download page of SRS

On the support Discord for SRS https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

I'd suggest any of those places over here to find it! The help section in SRS being the best one over looking in the LUA!

Just updated, and everytime i start up SRS, i do a microphone test, however now theres a constant buzzing, sort of a feedback, which SRS picks up. Ive checked my microphone in a different program, but theres no buzzing, its not caused on my end (that i know of).

I cannot record it as none of my recordings pick up the buzzing.

I have no idea if i just hear it on the test, or if the buzzing gets broadcast over the network on the servers i join.

https://i.imgur.com/JkcHZFP.gifv

I hope this is just a fluke though.

Norwegian Rotorhead w\ All Helicopters

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

Just updated, and everytime i start up SRS, i do a microphone test, however now theres a constant buzzing, sort of a feedback, which SRS picks up. Ive checked my microphone in a different program, but theres no buzzing, its not caused on my end (that i know of).

I cannot record it as none of my recordings pick up the buzzing.

I have no idea if i just hear it on the test, or if the buzzing gets broadcast over the network on the servers i join.

https://i.imgur.com/JkcHZFP.gifv

I hope this is just a fluke though.

Discord for SRS for support https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

This is listed under #common-issues

hi,Ciribob,i have a issue about f-14 ky-28. i could hear sound which is cipher when i using P/OFF position(in same coalition).Is that a bug?I test it in 1.9.0.1,thanks!

I7-4790K | RTX2070 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | 24G DDR3 | 東芝 TOSHIBA HG5d M.2 256GB SSD | Q200 EX